Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will i get kidnapped?

i was thinking about going to mexico for vacation but i hear all kind of stories and i also watched a show on national geographc or discovery about dangers countires to go to for vacations. are there any people here from mexico? whats the chances of me getting robbed or killed there

I'm pretty sure it depends on which parts of Mexico you decide to go to.
    IIRC, the most dangerous parts of Mexico are the ones closest to the USA border.

I'm from México. I was thinking about going to USA for vacation but I hear all kind of stories and I also watched a show on national geographic or discovery about dangerous countries to go to for vacations. Are there any people here from USA?. Whats the chances of me getting obese or diabetes?.

Not bashing you, because you are not from USA. But thats how silly you sound.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Yes, yes you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    I'm from México. I was thinking about going to USA for vacation but I hear all kind of stories and I also watched a show on national geographic or discovery about dangerous countries to go to for vacations. Are there any people here from USA?. Whats the chances of me getting obese or diabetes?.

Honestly, if you spend more than about a week in the US you'll probably gain about 30 pounds and get diabeetus, yes.

Back on topic: It completely depends on where you go. Some parts of Mexico are actually really nice, other parts of Mexico are completely terrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    i was thinking about going to mexico for vacation but i hear all kind of stories and i also watched a show on national geographc or discovery about dangers countires to go to for vacations. are there any people here from mexico? whats the chances of me getting robbed or killed there
    Depends what you plan to do and places you go. Can you even imagine how many tourists go to Mexico without being kidnapped? Most tourists don't put them selfs in such situations. Now, if you got to do nasty things, those nasty things might get nastier than you expect.

But, if you do get kidnapped, let us know. Oh wait...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    If i glanced over your posts in the past, you must have pretty bad luck, you probably shouldn't leave the house. Maybe you even should dig a bunker under your house, because, imagine a plane crashes into it, that would end ugly.

Really that's what you're comparing it to? You're comparing a country who has a more corroupt government where beheadings aren't unusual and nor are kidnappings and then acting as though it's unreasonable?! Going to Hati is dangerous too, so is going to Jamaica.

Deleted
    yep and u will also get raped and if they dont like u murdered.

Stick with the other white people in the gated resorts and you'll be fine, amigo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your probably a flight risk so don't even worry about Mexico.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really that's what you're comparing it to? You're comparing a country who has a more corroupt government where beheadings aren't unusual and nor are kidnappings and then acting as though it's unreasonable?! Going to Hati is dangerous too, so is going to Jamaica.
    Yes, because they only behead people of enemy cartels or involved with the narco, they don't mind tourists. MOST part of México are well enough to come and visit. Corruption in government, while big, is not an issue for tourists.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

thsx guys. lets not make this a us of a vs mexico thread please

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    If i glanced over your posts in the past, you must have pretty bad luck, you probably shouldn't leave the house. Maybe you even should dig a bunker under your house, because, imagine a plane crashes into it, that would end ugly.
    i know i dont have the best of luck in life oh well

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Your probably a flight risk so don't even worry about Mexico.
    i dont know what u mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes , yes you will. In fact you will get shoot , chopped to pieces , robbed, burned and raped. in that exact order.

It's not silly at all -- Mexican border areas are incredibly dangerous for American citizens and should not be chosen as vacation spots. Despite your claims, this certainly applies to tourists.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yes, because they only behead people of enemy cartels or involved with the narco, they don't mind tourists. MOST part of México are well enough to come and visit. Corruption in government, while big, is not an issue for tourists.
    Well thats a relief. I wish the American government knew this so they wouldnt keep issuing travel warnings about going to Mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame my ignorance and the media, but there's no way I'd risk a vacation to Mexico. Out of curiosity, why do you want to go there?

I would prefer to stay away from suspicious countries. Countries with large corruption and big drug issues and especially violence. It's not as though kidnapping Americans is an unheard of thing.

I like to be safe, which is why I will never go to Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Just like in the USA you shouldn't go to college, to see a movie or even take a walk in the park or you are risking yourself to be killed by a crazy gunner!

News tend to be exagerated so newspapers and news channel make more money but things are not as dangerous as they seem. It is certain that there are parts of Mexico that are very dangerous to the foreing (and even to the citizens) but is as dangerous as going to the back alleys in any big city. Just use your common sense, dont put yourself in risky situations (or go to shady parts of the town), don't flash your money (if you do, you are rising the odds you are robbed or kidnapped) and don't trow yourself in risky bussiness (if the deal sound too good to be true, then it is). In all for the most of the country, the violence is not as high as news make it seem, but by being carefull you are on the safe side.

For most Mexico has friendly people that are nice enough to help you and show you the place around (but unless you are going to characteristic tourism places, chances of finding an English or another language speakers are low). There is the saying that foolish people and his money soon part ways, but for the most part, the most dangerous people that you will found are the ones that want to make a fool of you in prices or faulty deals.

Well man.....Our cops who investigate tourist kidnapping/deaths don't get beheaded then left at the station...just saying.
    OT: Go to a nice part of mexico. Easy Peasy.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion