Deleted

Blue screen after W7 install

So wanted W7 instead of 8. My laptop came with W8. It is this laptop btw: http://www.asus.nl/Notebooks/Multime...ainment/N56VZ/

After fidgeting and all... updating BIOS etc. My dvd drive finally showed up in boot order options.

Now, it installed or was about to finish making the desktop....then a blue screen error appeared: 0000000000stopA50000000000

Or something of the sort.

It appears every damn time when I boot after the W7 loading logo.

Did I screw up majorly?

I can get to the BIOS though.

EDIT: I found it better to make another thread because...the other thread was about a different problem.

But what do I do now? It is night and tomorrow is my first day on my new study...need the laptop for that.

EDIT: Safemode with networking does not work, same error.

EDIT: I just found out the laptop uses W8 optimized hardware, ASUS has enabled things like Instant On etc which will not enable W7 to boot if I don't disable them, but I don't know how.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-04 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figure out what you missed in the bios, reinstall win8 and be glad that it's not Windows Millenium, or give up and fail your classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Figure out what you missed in the bios, reinstall win8 and be glad that it's not Windows Millenium, or give up and fail your classes.
    Can't reinstall 8.

It came with the laptop....

10+ Year Old Account
    A few questions

-Did you wipe the entire drive clean when you installed Win7? Or did you just install without formatting?
    -The system should have either come with a Win8 DVD... if it didn't (common these days), you normally can make a reinstall DVD but.. a bit late for that.
    -In your previous thread you mentioned AHCI and IDE. Did you change that to IDE? (You should not have, if you did)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    A few questions

-Did you wipe the entire drive clean when you installed Win7? Or did you just install without formatting?
    -The system should have either come with a Win8 DVD... if it didn't (common these days), you normally can make a reinstall DVD but.. a bit late for that.
    -In your previous thread you mentioned AHCI and IDE. Did you change that to IDE? (You should not have, if you did)
    Yes but I changed it back after that.

Somebody on another forum said I have to disable/enable ACPI HAL?