I want the Sennheiser HD600. Have to make a choice though, either those headphones or the Nexus 6

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    How much are Siberias by the way? Those look super comfy.
    Had mine for like a year and the right ear blew out on a Rage Quit video >.>

Immediately bought the same headset. They get slightly uncomfortable on my ears after a full day of usage, but it's really not bad and I figured I'd go with the sure thing I like rather than try out some new brand.

Girl's Day - I Miss You

New Girls day song too
    A ballad so not like their previous songs, it's great imo, easily the best thing they've released since Female President.
    "Girl's Day is releasing the world's first smart card album! The special EP includes the group's new ballad single "I Miss You." Using NFC technology, the Kihno smart music card allows users to access the album music as well as album photos and music video on a mobile phone through a touch of the card.

A smartphone with NFC feature and the Kihno player app (only available in Korean language for Android) are required to access the album. After downloading and installing the app, turn on NFC and tap the Kihno card to the smartphone's backside to get the album and other contents."

I don't even...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, about sound. Good sound quality makes gaming/watching movies a lot better. I just rewatched the WoD intro cinematic on my desktop with a dedicated soundcard and a PC360 and it's so much more awesome to see it this way than on my laptop using standard HTC in-ears.

Deleted
    That sounds really complicated. Especially for international fans. Also, half the fun of actually purchasing a physical copy of a k-pop album is all the swag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the old SNSD apps. An app only made for a teaser of the song and some member cards, and they made a new one with a totally different interface for every release. Completely useless. No idea if they stopped doing those or not, but I quit paying attention a long time ago
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Just ordered the Strawberry Milk mini

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I want the Sennheiser HD600. Have to make a choice though, either those headphones or the Nexus 6
    I have a pair of 650s, they sound awesome with my fiio e09k + e17 combo :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I always watch movies/tv on my computer with speakers not headphones. The idea of watching movies with headphones especially in ears seems very odd to me.

Uniq's debut song is finally up. Surprisingly enough, I think I like it. Choreo is kind of cringeworthy at parts, but they're cuties!

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always watch movies/tv on my computer with speakers not headphones. The idea of watching movies with headphones especially in ears seems very odd to me.
    I don't use computer speakers anymore. My old PC speakers are the Logitech Z5500's, but I set them up with my TV/consoles. Started off with a pair of Sennheiser 558s years back and just upgraded it to the 650s not too long ago. I can definitely say they are probably the most comfortable headphones I've worn, but they are pricey. Sounds way way way better than any gaming branded headset I've owned prior to getting audiophile grade headphones. Expensive upgrade, but well worth it to me

I only use IEMs with my mobile devices, mainly when I don't want to hear anything when I'm on the bus or something :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    I only use IEMs with my mobile devices, mainly when I don't want to hear anything when I'm on the bus or something :P
    That's literally what I'm doing right now ha, I also only use IEMs which my phone while I'm out.

Why the change from speakers to headphones for your PC by the way? I can understand for voice chat purposes but moves, youtube etc I don't see why you would.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's literally what I'm doing right now ha, I also only use IEMs which my phone while I'm out.

Why the change from speakers to headphones for your PC by the way? I can understand for voice chat purposes but moves, youtube etc I don't see why you would.
    Well, part of the reason was that I wanted a sound system for my TV, but I didn't want to buy another set of home theater speakers since I don't have space to set it up. Trust me, things just sound A LOT better with some quality headphones and a nice sound card or a external DAC and an amp.

Well, part of the reason was that I wanted a sound system for my TV, but I didn't want to buy another set of home theater speakers since I don't have space to set it up. Trust me, things just sound A LOT better with some quality headphones and a nice sound card or a external DAC and an amp.
    QFT! Don't even need more than good headphones to hear the difference.

Fiio e09k is the AMP and the Fiio e17 is the DAC?
    I'm not sure what I should get with it if I buy the HD600, but for now I'll stick to what I have. I'll ask what to get in a month or 2

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    QFT! Don't even need more than good headphones to hear the difference.

Fiio e09k is the AMP and the Fiio e17 is the DAC?
    I'm not sure what I should get with it if I buy the HD600, but for now I'll stick to what I have. I'll ask what to get in a month or 2
    Yeah, you don't need the DAC if you have a nice sound card I guess, but I had onboard sound and just went with the e09k + e17 combo. It probably costs about as much as a good sound card, paid roughly $220.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they sound a lot better with good headphones compared to speakers or compared to bad headphones?

- - - Updated - - -

Not that my speakers are good either, they're logitech but cheap logitech. I'm a long way from being able to afford audiophile stuff. Maybe when I finish Uni and get a proper job ;p

I'll get your guys advice on them in about 1.5 years when I can afford!

Seems I'll be going for new headphones after all. Apparently the Nexus 6 doesn't feature a 64bit processor, which was kinda the feature that almost got me to buy such an expensive phone.
    I'd like to do it right though, going with a full setup for best quality. Perhaps I could use the soundcard for my speakers (some no-name 2x10w with 15w sub xD), but I think selling it might be a better idea. It's an Asus Xonar D2X btw. Think it's time to make a thread in the computer forums.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do they sound a lot better with good headphones compared to speakers or compared to bad headphones?

- - - Updated - - -

Not that my speakers are good either, they're logitech but cheap logitech. I'm a long way from being able to afford audiophile stuff. Maybe when I finish Uni and get a proper job ;p

I'll get your guys advice on them in about 1.5 years when I can afford!
    Hmm..I can't really explain the difference in words, you just need to listen to something with poor quality headphones and then again with audiophile quality headphones. The difference is night and day.

I also have a pair of Etymotic ER4-Ps for my mobile device. Before that I had some crappy $50 earbuds. For comparison, think of like those shitty iphone earbuds vs the IEMs singers wear on stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need your phone to have a 64 bit processor?
    That largely seems to be an infrastructure change happening, phones with 64 bit processors like the iphone 6 aren't utilising the benefits of it yet really, but getting that change happening now will make it easier later when they do need more memory, but we're not there yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm..I can't really explain the difference in words, you just need to listen to something with poor quality headphones and then again with audiophile quality headphones. The difference is night and day.

I also have a pair of Etymotic ER4-Ps for my mobile device. Before that I had some crappy $50 earbuds. For comparison, think of like those shitty iphone earbuds vs the IEMs singers wear on stage.
    I dream of a day I an afford these to experience the difference haha!
    But still how do audiophile headphones compare to regular speakers? Is it still a big difference or not so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Does Android even have a 64 bit OS yet? Was just looking it up and I see a HTC phone is the first android phone to have a 64 bit processor, but they specify there is no 64 bit OS to go with it yet lol. That was from April though so may have changed, I don't keep up with Android news xD

Why do you need your phone to have a 64 bit processor?
    That largely seems to be an infrastructure change happening, phones with 64 bit processors like the iphone 6 aren't utilising the benefits of it yet really, but getting that change happening now will make it easier later when they do need more memory, but we're not there yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I dream of a day I an afford these to experience the difference haha!
    But still how do audiophile headphones compare to regular speakers? Is it still a big difference or not so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Does Android even have a 64 bit OS yet? Was just looking it up and I see a HTC phone is the first android phone to have a 64 bit processor, but they specify there is no 64 bit OS to go with it yet lol. That was from April though so may have changed, I don't keep up with Android news xD
    Android 5 has 64bit support, coming with the new Nexus 6 this month. As for why I want it? Becuz It's a €550 phone though, so I'm going to use my One X for another year it seems. Not that I really mind, it's still a great phone. While not considered toprange anymore, it's still better than most phones out there.
    iPhone seems to be utilizing 64bit pretty well though. Near double performance in integer calculations.

Good quality headphones vs mediocre/bad is like comparing HDD to SSD. If you haven't experienced it, you don't know what you're missing and thus won't mind not having it. However when you've tried it, you don't really want to go back.
    Comparing it to speakers. Well, personal preference of course. I like having the headphones on so there's less noise from outside. Sound directly on my ears instead of it bouncing around the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any improvements in the CPU from 64bit will come from the architecture of the 64 bit processors being newer not the actual 64bitness
    I didn't know that about the iphone though, I thought the improvements would be more minor than that. I have the 5 and they implemented 64bit processors in the 5s onwards so mine is 32bit still.

I am also disappointed in the Nexus 6 but for a different reason, I wanted it to be a newer version of the nexus 5 but it's really not. It's massive and way more expensive and apparently the actual hardware is not that big of an improvement over the nexus 5 which is sad given the massive price increase. I was going to get a nexus 6 had it not been so big. Now I'm not sure what to get for my next phone, I don't particularly want samsung. I might look into the HTC ONE(M8) or possibly just stick with the iphone and get the 6 or 6S when it drops since I can't get a new phone yet, my work might be closing down soon and I kind of need to know I'll have a job if I'm going to sign a 2 year plan xD