Poll: Which faction did you chose ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started I rolled Horde simply because when I was 14 I liked things that were evil/bestial/savage/black in my fantasy games. So I played a Undead Mage and had a Tauren Warrior.

4 years later and my taste in fantasy changed a lot and I'm not sure why it did precisely but I began to prefer things that were simply nicer and more tranquil, along with the colour blue . Since then I've really enjoyed the classic fantasy image of valorous Human Knight. The races of the Alliance certainly weren't as original as the concepts for the Horde ones but I certainly felt like they were the classic image that I liked with it's own little Blizzard twist on things. Anything that's Lawful Good.

There are also many other minor tastes that changed just in WoW with me. Stormwind seemed more appealing as it was a very awe inspiring city with epic music and where everything seemed rather tranquil and civilised, whereas Orgrimmar had mud huts and half naked Orcs patrolling it's streets. Alliance music as a whole I just prefer especially a lot of the recent music we've had.

Deleted
    Alliance, because night elves.

There's also the idea that "if it's read, it's dead". And the Horde is red.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to play as an Undead Mage - Server and faction changed to another server - cause friends were playing there.
    Now, after some of them quit and the server `s alliance is dying, i went back to the horde.

Alliance. Simply put I do not buy into the blizzard story line of undead, orcs, and goblins being missunderstood, not evil, and just as noble as the good races. I also did some research by playing a horde toon and the amount of imature players while numerous on alliance is just doubled on horde. The more favorable racials are the only reason I would ever consider going horde. That would only happen if I could not find a way to persevere and complete content while playing a good character.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Horde, when i first started playing I wanted to be a Dreadlord (my favorite WC3 hero) but I could so I though Forsaken was next best thing. Then in BC I switched to a BE Paladin and I've been playing him ever since.

Deleted
    Horde, i see to many humans in real life already :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't actually chose my side at first. I just went Nelf on my first day cause it was the best (I thought) for the class. The second day I *did* sort of chose my side cause I specifically went Horde to check it out, and made a Troll. I liked that toon and the Barrens was awseom so it was my main and I was a Hordie in TBC till I quit, having barely played Alliance side, and only knew SW from some videos about city invasions.

Re-rolled on my sister's server way later and she was allready alliance (which I was kinda, meh you should have been Horde, much more fun) so rolled a Human toon that is still my main, and experienced everything from late Wrath till now on that toon from an Alli perspective, and completely forgot any Horde bias I had. Barely saw anything Horde side, apart from a short stint on some leveling Hordies for a few weeks (max was level 23) right before Firelands.

Skip to present day and having done pretty much all I wanted to do except more raiding on my main and 1 alt. I decided to go look at things Horde side again. This time more serious then the Cata try. That attempt is still underway, got 3 level 45-ish toons, a level 10 that still needs to go through Ghostlands and a 58 DK that I played through for fun (cause it was so long ago I'd seen the DK story) and to see if there was any difference for Horde side (there wasn't till I hit Orgrimmar at the end).

I'll play the 3 40-ish toons through the different zones I have left to 60 and then take 1 toon through the 60-90 experience (time permitting before 5.2). That should mean I have seen and done every zone both Horde and Alliance side and finally have a complete view of the World of Warcraft.

I have to say though that when it comes right down to it, I'd rather be Alliance for the ideals and tone of the quests and the themes, and Horde for the races and environment looks. So I guess I'll just have to keep playing both sides from now on to get everything I like out of the game. Not that I mind

Alliance, because I was playing Night Elf race in Wc3:Tft.

I got persuaded by some friends to try the game, so I bought it and installed it. While waiting to find out what server they were on I rolled a Tauren shaman, then discovered they were Alliance on a different server >< So I switched and went for a Druid (this was Vanilla, so it was off a Night Elf).

Druids and Shamans were the classes which appealed most at the start, and I loved the Tauren and trolls. Orcs were okay, didn't like Undead. On the Alliance side I liked the Night Elves (they were better in WC3, but they were still pretty good), and humans and dwarves were okay. Don't like Gnomes though!

I've been Alliance ever since, almost always in the same guild. Although the original friends stopped playing, it's a guild where everyone's a RL mate of at least one other member; over the years I've met most of the guild and we get together fairly regularly ("regularly" by the standards of people in their 30s and 40s, which we almost all are).

Deleted
    I play both and always have because of friends. I feel closer to alliance though, mostly because that's where I've spent the most of my time and I just prefer them for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as horde, then after a break I came back as alliance, a RL friend of mine then went horde on another realm and I followed him, now I'm back to alliance so I can play with another friend of mine. So yeah..

Deleted
    Alliance.

As Much as I loved the stories from WC 1, 2 and 3, I found the Azerothian races to be... well, boring. Personal taste, ofc.

So, when I started WoW I decided to go with Draenei since I saw the Orcs as too violent and well, Orcish, despite their heritage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I originally started off as Horde, but am currently playing Alliance to play with my WoW best friend on her server. If I go back Horde, I'm going back Tauren.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW was basically my first jump into fantasy as a whole, and I had never played Warcraft 3 before. Before that, I mainly played shooters on console.

I started before BC, and ended up going human warrior, like quite a few. I thought the "server was laggy", so I ended up decided to choose to a smaller server. Ended up picking Zuludead. Started a Night Elf Hunter, and getting him to around 14 before I quit. I did not like the "gloominess" of Darkshore and Teldrassil. Became a Tauren druid, as I wanted to be a druid but I did not want to be a Night Elf again. Got him to around 15 before I got Burning Crusade, and then I quit to play a Blood Elf Hunter. I liked my Night Elf Hunter, but hated the gloominess, so the Blood Elf leveling areas were a nice change of pace.

7 years later, he is still my main. Kinda the generic "little kid" race/class combo, but I was only 10 when I made him. The thought of changing races has never crossed my mind, because now, I love Blood Elf lore.

Truth be told, I never really "chose" the Horde. The only reason I picked the Horde was because they had races I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by L-P-R View Post
    Alliance because the horde is evil.

Not really, but I prefer Alliance because really, the races are prettier, the cities are prettier, and i'm on US Stormrage soooo. ^-^
    I used to play on that server in vanilla. Felt badass being always flagged and outnumbered when allies tried to gank me, and I'd win(most of the time). But after a long break, everyone I knew was on another server or alliance, couldn't do that, so went to Black Dragonflight

I played Horde from the very start as an Orc warrior till now, cause Blademaster was my favorite RoC hero :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I started in the Horde because my friends all played on the Horde side. In WotLK, when Blizzard made it possible for people on the PvP server to have both Alliance and Horde characters, I rerolled a Human Paladin. Now I mainly play Alliance. But because I am a lore freak, I have Horde characters as well because I want to experience their lore first hand.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose alliance originally because of Stormwind. I ended up going horde at the end of wotlk and until the MoP pre-patch when I went back to alli. I went horde mostly for pvp and the fact that my server is extremely horde dominant. I went back to alliance because ,in the end, I really don't like much at all about the horde nor Orgrimmar, so I'd rather suffer on the underpopulated alliance side.

I chose horde because in WC3 I liked Orcs, they were strong and I like strong things. I currently play a forsaken death knight because I disagree with the direction the horde will be taking later this expansion and feel that only the forsaken truly represent my passion for bloodshed. I have never regretted being horde because I also enjoy success which is something only the horde experience. I do however also like draenei males because they are manly as fuck, seriously check out their upper body strength, its insane.

Deleted
    Horde, because after looking for a high pop server with a decent battlegroup and good population that was pretty much the only option. Since most of those server are heavily horde biased 3:1 ratio

Deleted
    Rolled Horde, I never liked the 'good' side in various rpg's.