10+ Year Old Account

Why the healing sphere nerf????

It's the only thing that can keep me up in pvp sometimes when im being trained by 2 melee because lets face it there is no way to cast against shockwave, pummel, disrupting shout, charge, gouge, kidney, cheapshot, kick, etc. Once my teleport is down and our stun passive is gone were liek punching bags.

WHY BLIZZ

Two words: DATA MINING.

Stop getting all worked up over changes that you've misconstrued by comparing datamined spell changes.

Deleted
    One word, ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    One word, ptr.
    Yes but knowing blizzards history they will let it go live then fix it in 7.2

Healing Sphere's name wasn't changed on PTR and healing value was about the same as it is currently on Live.
    I've also taken the liberty of comparing mastery values.
    Mastery on live and PTR are the same BUT the amount the spheres heal for is slightly (only slightly) higher on PTR.

Latest patch notes blizzard posted stated:

Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original
    value if they expire without being picked up. This
    healing will factor in relevant Mastery.

Blizzards latest blog update for PTR was on the 4th, 2 days ago.

So use fresh spheres? Not old ones....
    Last edited by Fakekarate; 2013-02-06 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakekarate View Post
    Latest patch notes blizzard posted stated:

Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original
    value if they expire without being picked up. This
    healing will factor in relevant Mastery.

Blizzards latest blog update for PTR was on the 4th, 2 days ago.

So use fresh spheres? Not old ones....
    The 50% value has been there since 5.2 was deployed on the PTR. Was actually the first thing I tried out. I still wonder what exactly they changed as a 38% AP scaling decrease should've been noticable but as I mentioned above, healing is about the same on PTR as it is currently on live and the supposed name change from Healing Sphere to Gift of the Serpent hasn't been implemented.
    Either it's for an upcoming build or they changed it back at the last minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    One word, ptr.
    That's three words (public test realm, wasn't talking about your post as a whole). Sorry I had to be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    The 50% value has been there since 5.2 was deployed on the PTR. Was actually the first thing I tried out. I still wonder what exactly they changed as a 38% AP scaling decrease should've been noticable but as I mentioned above, healing is about the same on PTR as it is currently on live and the supposed name change from Healing Sphere to Gift of the Serpent hasn't been implemented.
    Either it's for an upcoming build or they changed it back at the last minute.
    From what the patch notes state... The 50% healing nerf is only on "expired" spheres. So whatever the lifespan of the sphere is... The initial burst was not nerfed, only if the sphere sets out and goes stale.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:40 PM ----------

Here are your time limits to get a stale sphere

- Healing Spheres now have a duration of 1 minute.

Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gift of the

Serpent now have a duration of 30 seconds.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:42 PM ----------

I haven't tested anything... but from what I read, that's what I'm getting from it... could be wrong.

From what the patch notes state... The 50% healing nerf is only on "expired" spheres. So whatever the lifespan of the sphere is... The initial burst was not nerfed, only if the sphere sets out and goes stale.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:40 PM ----------

Here are your time limits to get a stale sphere

- Healing Spheres now have a duration of 1 minute.
    Correct

Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now have a duration of 30 seconds.
    Correct as well.

I haven't tested anything... but from what I read, that's what I'm getting from it... could be wrong.
    The AP scaling reduction and the name change don't appear to be on the PTR at the moment. Might be that they'll implement this later or that they decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    Correct

Correct as well.

The AP scaling reduction and the name change don't appear to be on the PTR at the moment. Might be that they'll implement this later or that they decided against it.
    How are you testing expired spheres? And is this only a PvP environment nerf to spheres or both PvP and pve. Can't ser it affecting anything but PvP when you leave spheres laying around for later use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I must of misunderstood i thought the actual healing value was reduced altogether, thank god.

I assume the spheres are not expiring or does it need to be triggered by combat?... Something doesn't make sense...

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Sorry I must of misunderstood i thought the actual healing value was reduced altogether, thank god.
    This really only nerfs your mastery procced spheres. The ones your team leaves laying around for later use. Anytime your going into the heat of battle, just throw up fresh orbs on your port and you will have a full minute for them to sit and port back ontop of.

How are you testing expired spheres?
    Drop them on the floor and wait for them to expire. Just testing their heal values honestly.
    And is this only a PvP environment nerf to spheres or both PvP and pve. Can't ser it affecting anything but PvP when you leave spheres laying around for later use.
    I honestly have no idea what their intentions are with this though PvP healing is affected by PvP Power while in combat against other players. Regardless it doesn't seem to be nerfed in this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Well the datamined info is rather clunky. At first it stated that the Healing Sphere spell had a name change and that the AP scaling was reduced but PTR still shows "Healing Sphere" as name.
    The mastery value is currently the same as it is on live so that's not it either. Honestly speaking I'm not sure what exactly was changed, if anything was changed at all.

I assume the spheres are not expiring or does it need to be triggered by combat?... Something doesn't make sense...
    Neither actually. You can just wait for their expiration time to pass. You don't have to be in combat for this.

This really only nerfs your mastery procced spheres.
    Incorrect. The current values are the same on PTR as they are on live.

How is this exactly working? I can't imagine what happens if the Healing Sphere "expires". Overall Raidheal? The next target to the Sphere is healed? No one is healed? Everyone next to the Sphere is healed?

I'd imagine that the 38% AP nerf that was data mined would only affect WW/BM since MW would scale on SP no? (Assuming it's even an actual change)

Even then, with WW getting the 25%? buff in PVP power to heals, it's likely only getting evened out so it heals for roughly the same amount as live so as not to OP WW "even more" in PVP.

Not sure how that would affect BM mastery, but I assume since it's technically a different ability it would remain unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    How is this exactly working? I can't imagine what happens if the Healing Sphere "expires". Overall Raidheal? The next target to the Sphere is healed? No one is healed? Everyone next to the Sphere is healed?
    I would suspect that if everyone has 100% it'll heal someone randomly. Otherwise it'll probably heal the person that lost the most health up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Telescope View Post
    I'd imagine that the 38% AP nerf that was data mined would only affect WW/BM since MW would scale on SP no? (Assuming it's even an actual change)
    Well yes and no. Mistweavers get 200% spell power as attack power. Although we do indeed scale with spell power a portion of our abilities (think Fistweaving) scale with attack power instead.
    Windwalkers still have "Healing Sphere" instead of "Gift of the Serpent" and I don't believe the value was changed.
    On top of that there was no mention of this change in this builds' patch notes so it might be a future change based on current feedback or they have other plans for it.

Even then, with WW getting the 25%? buff in PVP power to heals, it's likely only getting evened out so it heals for roughly the same amount as live so as not to OP WW "even more" in PVP.
    With the changes to the tier 2 talents I doubt it'll make much of a difference even for Windwalkers in terms of numbers.
    Regarding the overall datamining of this spell I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the next build brings.

Not sure how that would affect BM mastery, but I assume since it's technically a different ability it would remain unchanged.
    Brewmaster mastery has its own type of Healing Sphere. I recon that if it is in fact this Sphere that's being changed that we would see a tooltip change along with the datamined information. "Gift of the Serpent" however is the Mistweaver mastery yet that remains unchanged.

We'll just have to wait for the next build I'm afraid.

--This really only nerfs your mastery procced spheres.

-----Incorrect. The current values are the same on PTR as they are on live.

As it reads, not as it is on live or PTR. This would only nerf mastery procced spheres in PvP scenario. As I understand the gift of the serpent spheres are the mastery procced spheres and the healing spheres are then manually casted spheres. 30 second expiration on mastery procced spheres is a good nerf to rbg node maps, mediocre nerf to flag room procs, mediocre nerf to arena. 1 minute expiration on casted spheres will still be very manageable, even in rbgs. If youre leaving 3 spheres for a flag defender.