Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't carry people. I teach them.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Considering that the difference between damage output is 20k on average from 460 to 480 ilvl, and closer to 30k from 460 to 490, why are you surprised you're outdpsing several of them in 440-450ilvl at 497?
    Output is gear dependent since just about every spec is faceroll easy to play these days. Standing in fire knows no ilvl; plenty of 490s will die in it thinking they should get all the heals while they stand in bad because of their ego

Fairly well said. I mean dungeons including heroics are faceroll anyways. I have never had any problems with Heroics the first time I stepped into them when people had low gear scores. Remember heroics are the new normals and challenge modes are the new heroics. So braggin you are carrying a dungeon is not saying much, especially when you outgear your party members. Now people doing dumb things in dungeons..that's a different story.

Deleted
    Wow is about playing togheter. You are saying that you are carrying the group but you are not. If there wasnt any tank or healer you couldnt do it. I guess alot here also are the ppl i hate, the ppl that link recount after every pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if the system still does this but when it was first implemented, there were Blue statements implying that the system tried to balance people by pairing high ilvl players with lower ones, so that way groups never ended up with five freshly level capped characters who struggled in-ordinarily through the content.

Now, I don't know if that is still true, but it might be. If it is, it would explain why high DPS players seldom see other high DPS players in PuGs - it's not because everyone else in the entire game is universally terrible but because they're intentionally being split to share the love with multiple groups.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novembius View Post
    Wow is about playing togheter. You are saying that you are carrying the group but you are not. If there wasnt any tank or healer you couldnt do it. I guess alot here also are the ppl i hate, the ppl that link recount after every pull.
    Yeah I hate those as well. Like we are lucky to have them in the group.

The word 'carrying' implies that they would fail without you, which simply isn't the case. I usually heal when I run heroics, but my gear level is such that I can roll hots on the tank and spend most of my time dps'ing. I can easily pull 30-40k dps if the tank is reasonably geared and doesn't take much maintenance. If I didn't add this dps, the group would still do fine, it would just take longer. Congratulations on your ego tho.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do find I'm usually the one doing the most damage and following mechanics in dungeons. I really need to make more friends!

I started playing WoW again a month ago almost to the day after a 1.5 year break. My main is a holy pally, her current ilvl is 484. When I started in MoP heroics, I had a hard time healing but I started with an ilvl of 444. 40 ilvls later, my heals hit like a Mack truck and my blue bar only goes down when noob tanks mess up badly.

I enjoy the challenge, however, that lower average ilvl groups present. It isn't selfish of you to be proud of doing massive blood-curdling deeps or making it easy on the healer when you tank like a boss, so why should the way I gauge my healing be any different?

My prettier half just dinged 90 as she takes her time and enjoys content... quite the opposite of me, who blitzes to the end so he can pwn some raid heal meters. She's got an average ilvl of 440 and she does an average of 23k DPS. Is it awful compared to a lot of the better-geared folks that we come across? Hell yes it is, but we've all been there. She has no gear, she knows nothing about the new content whatsoever, though she's getting through it the same way we all did: heroics first, then raids, all while doing dailies. She's not, by any means, going to get good gear very fast. She's not a raider, but will do LFR when she has a 460/480 for 5.2 ilvl. She has fun doing heroics, though, even if she gets "carried" by bigger and badder DPS that have been gathering gear since MoP launch when she just started. She also knows that I won't let her (or anyone, for that matter) die in the heroics that we run together, so she runs them with me and not many other healers (she apparently has healer trust issues).

We all have to remember that, at some point in time, we were all at the greens/unskilled level. I "carry" willingly, not just for her but other undergeared guildies. We're a heroic guild, we have some beastly players, but even though I'm not beastly by any means I am more than willing to carry the 440's through content until they're caught up to my 480s.

These threads shouldn't exist...

If you're queueing for a heroic dungeon you should recognize that there will be players with low ilvl trying to pad their ilvl to reach the requirement for heroics or even players testing new specs or builds. Therefore I don't understand your point in complaining when you can perfectly get a VP cap by killing raid bosses with your ilvl 497 or by doing dailies. Oh, you don't like daily quests? Then the alternative is a 15 min. (or less) dungeon with lower ilvl characters than you. Doesn't seem like too much of a punishment, in fact you can contribute to the community by helping those players who will probably be less experienced than yourself. Don't be an elitist, enjoy the game

I just go in and mow stuff down as fast as possible. If someone screws up a mechanic due to having never done it, I inform them of it, not that there are very many mechanics to keep in mind for MoP heroics. There are times I often do 40%+ of the group's damage. I'm just doing what I can to make the run as smooth and fun as possible.

No point in bragging about it, really, since most people I encounter in heroics are there gearing their alts. Having alts of my own at that stage, I'm cool with that.

Deleted
    I ofttimes did queue with holy pala mate of mine. I was fury but queued as a Tank keeping my offensive gear but playing in def stance. In almost every dungeon I pulled about 120k~ dps and the random guys were struggling to get 30k done.

But I dont blame them, they have bad gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I AM AWESOME YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW HOW AWESOME I AM"

That is all i just read. You are a raider with alot better gear then 99% of wow players. If you don't stay in front on dps by a massive amount then you would be doing something wrong. The average wow player does not read up on there class. They do not learn to play there class to perfection. They play for fun and don't take it that serious. I expect any serious raider to out dps any "casual" (I use that term lightly because I know alot of ex raiders who would kick your ass in dps) by a long shot.

Also bragging about dps in scenarios... That is a new low in a raider I have seen.
    Aye mate

I am amazed you can get into heroics, doesn't your enormous head get in the way?

Everyweek I run an alt run with 3-5 pugs. My brother always gets mad at carrying bads thru content. Most of our core are healers and tanks, not because we like it but because we have to in order to be successful. I remind him we have two options, carry bads or stop playing.

On a personal note I don't feel like i'm doing my job right if i'm not high up in dps, I don't consider that carrying especially since most of the people doing scenarios/heroics are there to get geared up in general and still learning proper top tier rotations, they don't Need to be carried they can progress at their own pace as long as its not just a zone in and afk follow a tank or healer situation, that I can't stand.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Hard not to carry people with 505 ilvl tanking druid ._.

Need heroic clear 10mins or it's free.

Also sorry op if you qued me I'd throw you on my shoulders and show you what being carried looks like.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The sad part is that the OP only cares about recount and his dps. To carry people, you have to do more. Interrupt. Dispel. Kite and CC. Worry about adds when others won't or don't know to. And this extends into LFR and Normal raids, as well.

The reality is, if you think you're carrying a group and that's based solely on dps ... someone else is probably actually carrying you.
    CC? kite? the best form of CC in 5 mans is killing everything at once what are you kidding. Do just that tanking as ret me and the healer carry the 3 dps. They are just props or npcs tagging along to buff me most of the time.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    If the DPS are pulling over 30k, the healer is healing and the tank is tanking then no, you're not carrying anyone. You're severely out-gearing content that is supposed to be casual, relaxed and a springboard for new level 90s. That doesn't make you a one man army.
    did alot more then 30k while getting dungeon blues try again.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Quite often, I don't mind much. As long as the others make an effort, and don't just stand there auto attacking or whatever..
    This if they try I don't care and let them ride my que train of 10min heroics. If the show no effort I drop them when dungeon ends.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-08 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad part is that the OP only cares about recount and his dps. To carry people, you have to do more. Interrupt. Dispel. Kite and CC. Worry about adds when others won't or don't know to.
    Right in Theory.
    Wrong in Practice.

Doing 85K+ DPS (+ 30Kish the of the other two DPS) trivializes a heroic to a degree that you can, literally, ignore EVERYTHING. Just ... NUKE EM, Duke!

In dungeons? Quite some time.

In scenario's? Pretty much always >.<

Nope. Honestly, I'm usually the one who's slacking off. Using /follow and alt+tab often.