Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/WRnl7fo

Here you go, not counted windows 7, powerful machine to run a good number of games on good quality.
    Good hardware used aswell for endurance.
    The only thing lacking is an SSD and/or aftermarket cooler, but these are considerations you can work with afterwards.

They aren't a necessity and spending money elsewhere would drain the resources for that strength of a computer, i would recommend both in the future if you can get the funds for it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobo:Asrock Z77 Pro3 € 71.75 * excl. VAT
    Ram: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 € 45.96 * excl. VAT
    PSU: Antec VP550P € 46.30 * excl. VAT
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 € 38.21 * excl. VAT
    Optical drive: Samsung SH-224BB € 14.82 * excl. VAT
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB € 49.19 * excl. VAT
    Monitor: Samsung S23A550H € 90.66 * excl. VAT
    Keyboard: Cherry eVolution STREAM XT € 7.68 * excl. VAT
    Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M5050 € 6.54 * excl. VAT
    CPU: Intel i5-3470 € 147.87 * excl. VAT
    GPU: CLUB3D Radeon HD 7750 € 79.18 * excl. VAT

Subtotal: € 598.93
    VAT 21%: € 125.78
    TOTAL: € 724.71

This is the best I was able to do with the budget, the keyboard and mouse are cheap but will suffice to get it running, did want to drop an i5-3570k on there but blew the budget a bit. Could probably drop the mobo back to a b75 instead and up the gpu a bit. This should give you a rough idea though.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot Evil and the rest!

Gonna filter through everything tonight and see what I can go with ^^

Thx again!

Edit: Evil, do you have any experience with that Salland webstore? I was searching for a reliable webstore for pc parts, but never heard of that one yet till you named it.
    Last edited by mmoc70295b0175; 2013-02-09 at 10:50 PM.

I dont know why everyone is recommending the GTX 660ti when you can get a 7950 for a little bit more and it completely rapes the 660ti's mouth. A well OCd 7950 in benchmark tests was beating the gtx 680 in some cases.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Acnalogia:

I've ordered there since they existed, i've yet to have ANY problems with them.
    They are in my book easily the most trustworthy webshop i've come across.

I've ordered 2 identical PCs in the past for example for 2 different customers of mine, they called me about 5 minutes after if the 2 seperate orders of the same parts was actually correct and not an accidental repeat.

Or the very few RMAs i've had they handled everything within a week, and i mean having it back in either a new version/variant when confirmed busted.

That and they are pretty damn close to the Belgian border too iirc.

Edit: If you're willing to go ~20 - 30 euros over your budget, you can get a 7850 GFX card, which is substantially stronger than the GTX 650 Ti, which i probably would recommend, but i made this thing as powerful as possible within your desired price range.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    I dont know why everyone is recommending the GTX 660ti when you can get a 7950 for a little bit more and it completely rapes the 660ti's mouth. A well OCd 7950 in benchmark tests was beating the gtx 680 in some cases.
    Because if you read the actual topic properly you would see he is not American and our price conversions and price rules are quite different to the US' shops.
    We simply CANNOT build the same machines for the same price you do, hence both the 660 Ti and 7950 are beyond the price range.

Stick to the actual topic context.
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2013-02-09 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    I see, thanks Evil

I can actually go around 800 euro, but that's the real max. I can get an SSD from my dad it seems so I save a bit on that, perhaps I can put that money into a 7850 or so

15+ Year Old Account
    Then i would suggest if you CAN go €800 Max to go for a 7850 and an aftermarket cooler.

That should be doable without issue, it would allow you a moderate overclock and better cooling aswell.

You would have a VERY decent gaming and work rig for that cash.

http://imgur.com/ZNIN5IS

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2013-02-09 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    Okies, hopefully I can order it within this month. Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:44 AM ----------

Put it together in a list for me on Salland, but it can't find the HDD WD Black TB with nr: 534399 :/
    Any other suggestions if that one wouldn't be available? When I check it's only 750G or 500G

10+ Year Old Account
    If he has access to an SSD why not save a few euro with a WD blue since it will be a storage drive?

http://www.salland.eu/product/113635...-wd10ezex.html
    Last edited by slasher0161; 2013-02-10 at 04:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slasher0161 View Post
    If he has access to an SSD why not save a few euro with a WD blue since it will be a storage drive?

http://www.salland.eu/product/113635...-wd10ezex.html
    5 vs. 2 year warrantee and performance for video capturing.
    The difference in performance is noticable, as he stated he probably wanted to do so.

For his budget that is pretty much the best stuff he's going to get, and for getting 20 euros back it's not going to improve any performance for him either.
    That's pretty much the performance ceiling he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    5 vs. 2 year warrantee and performance for video capturing.
    The difference in performance is noticable, as he stated he probably wanted to do so.

The 3MB/s extra sequential transfer speed sure will make a huge difference for video capturing.

There is a slight difference when it comes to IOPS but if that is what you are looking for then a SSD is a much better choice anyway.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    The 3MB/s extra sequential transfer speed sure will make a huge difference for video capturing.
    Not to mention this chart compares 1TB Blue vs 2TB Black, which most likely gives the Black the advantage of having a higher data density.
    But i have to say, i am surprised by the difference between Black and RE4. I always thought, that there was no real difference in the hardware, only in warranty and quality control.

Btw.: didn't WD change the warranty of the Blacks down to 3 years?
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

From what I've read the RE4 uses a slightly different motor and bearing to reach the enterprise grade.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read the RE4 uses a slightly different motor and bearing to reach the enterprise grade.
    The RE4 have 2 actuator motors rather than 1 in the blacks, basically allowing better handling against vibrations.

However the Black and Blue behave differently, i've worked with pretty much any kind of HDD and i can tell you that whilst specs matter little in the first area where HDD speeds will always be better, it will behave and work faster the more it's populated, also due to the fact that HDDs do not always write sequentially if they are filled with more then a couple files unless defragged, the quicker head is an advantage too, they are deffo not equal.

There's more to it then just sequential speed n0cturnal.

Still doesn't change the 2 vs 5 year warrantee however, or any of the other points made.

Well you were talking about video capturing and for that sequential speed is pretty much all that matters, you have a constant stream of data being written to the drive, if the drive is so fragmented that the head has to move around to new areas all the time you wouldn't want to record any video to it in the first place.

The WD Caviar Black is slightly faster when it comes to some other things, it does have a bit higher IOPS but it will still not be very noticeable, after all it is still just a 7200RPM with a different controller and a bit more cache.

I don't really see any other points in your post, you mention longer warranty and video capture performance which you say the difference would be noticeable, which it really won't be.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-10 at 02:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you were talking about video capturing and for that sequential speed is pretty much all that matters, you have a constant stream of data being written to the drive, if the drive is so fragmented that the head has to move around to new areas all the time you wouldn't want to record any video to it in the first place.

The WD Caviar Black is slightly faster when it comes to some other things, it does have a bit higher IOPS but it will still not be very noticeable, after all it is still just a 7200RPM with a different controller and a bit more cache.

I don't really see any other points in your post, you mention longer warranty and video capture performance which you say the difference would be noticeable, which it really won't be.
    Yeah but people are lazy and people use the drive to store something on it and then delete it, if this deleted file is located elsewhere on the platters, it will still have mark it free, thus causing dips in writing, that's the behaviour of any mechanical HDD, and not everyone defrags the drive every week or cares about it, 90% of them will see they have X amount free and then use it capture video to it, what goes behind it is not something they concern themselves with, so it happens continuously, not as infrequent as you may think.

As for longer warrantee was 1, video capping performance when the drive is used is most deffo noticable especially with the "scenario" above which is basically mainstream for 99% of all users, and the other point made was that the 20 euro difference will not do anything to the rest of the system to improve the allround performance.

Saving the €20 and put them in to a SSD would be a better choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah but you slacker aren't reading, i should smack you for that!

He's getting an SSD from his old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Ah but you slacker aren't reading, i should smack you for that!

He's getting an SSD from his old man.
    Then there is absolutely no need for getting a black anyway, save the money or put them elsewhere.

€20 saved on the HDD can make him get a 7850 2GB instead of 7850 1GB.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-10 at 03:56 PM.