Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    That sounds like stockholm syndrome... the moment you finish your spell they suddenly see what a great guy you are ?

And even there the pet constantly got more unhappy over time unless you bribed it with food. That's not really love, more the opposite.
    They got more unhappy when you sent them away or outranged them because they like being with you. They also liked it when you touched them (Glyph of Mend Pet).

Enslave demon is something different but the normal pets are not all forced, as i said you made a pact with the succubus in the old quests and i think with the imp, too. You forced the Voidwalker to serve you and can't remember what you did with the Felhunter.
    Only the Succubus doesn't have dialogue where they dislike you (of the ones that have dialogue).

Imp: "Do I have to?!" "*indistinct grumbling*...I wish...*indistinct grumbling*...wish you were DEAD."
    VW: "Cannot resist." "Send me back!"
    Felguard: "Do not waste my time, lesser creature." "I will enjoy watching you die." "Summon me again at your peril."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the game mechanics don't support this. The animal outright attacks the hunter when he start taming it up to the moment where the channeled spell is finished. That's pretty much the same the Warlocks had to do with the Voidwalker in the old quests and really doesn't look as if it wants to help.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 12:05 PM ----------

The titans represent pure order. They want their lifeforms to be constructs and they consider biological lifeforms a curse of flesh. The old gods represent total chaos. Neither of them would be considered good from a human perspective since they both represent extremes and a healthy environment would need a middle ground between their standpoints.
    I would like that people stop saying that. The Titans do not want their lifeforms to be constructs and they do not consider flesh to be a curse. Eonar is the Titan of Life, organic life. Ungoro Crater and Sholazar Basin were two of her laboratories. The Titans placed the Well of Eternity in the center of Kalimdor to make all life forms (even sentients) evolve. It was probably the same thing with the Vale of Eternal Blossom. They accepted the Dwarves as an acceptable deviation of the original matrix (Earthen).
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I would like that people stop saying that. The Titans do not want their lifeforms to be constructs and they do not consider flesh to be a curse. Eonar is the Titan of Life, organic life. Ungoro Crater and Sholazar Basin were two of her laboratories. The Titans placed the Well of Eternity in the center of Kalimdor to make all life forms (even sentients) evolve. It was probably the same thing with the Vale of Eternal Blossom. They accepted the Dwarves as an acceptable deviation of the original matrix (Earthen).
    Thats true.
    But on the other hand there is Algalon who calls everyone a flawed creature and sees corruption and imperfection everywhere on Azeroth. Yes in the end he is impressed by the bravery of the heroes but still his mission statement from the titans was clear.
    Maybe UnGoro and Sholazar were just that, laboratories. We cultivate all kinds of diseases and deadly viruses in laboratories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats true.
    But on the other hand there is Algalon who calls everyone a flawed creature and sees corruption and imperfection everywhere on Azeroth. Yes in the end he is impressed by the bravery of the heroes but still his mission statement from the titans was clear.
    Maybe UnGoro and Sholazar were just that, laboratories. We cultivate all kinds of diseases and deadly viruses in laboratories.
    He calls us "flawed" only when we lose or reset the fight. Beside, of course we are flawed when compared with the Titans. As for the corruption everywhere, I think that the Old Gods, Neltharion and Loken serving the Old Gods, the demonic taint left after two invasion attempts by the Burning Legion and the Lich King are enough to justify his assumption that Azeroth has been corrupted. That does not mean that every living being is part of that corruption, and certainly not that organic life is corruption by itself.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    What makes you think the Titans are good?
    They go to planets, destroy and imprison the life on those planets, and then attempt to remake the world as they want it.

It isn't a matter of democracy, it's a matter of enslavement and freedom.
    The dwarves, gnomes and Vrykul were nothing but enslaved creations, devoting their existence to the Titans until the Old gods turned them.
    The Vrykul maintained their own government. King Ymiron lead them when they felt the titans had "abandoned" them, meaning he became king at some time before it struck.

As for the titans being heartless destructors that would obliterate at a moments notice, they didn't really care when the earthen, mechagnomes, and vrykul were affected by the curse of flesh... they let these "aberrations" keep right on living, and simply created more earthen, mechagnomes, and vrykul. The only ones they cared about were the troggs, and that's because they went around killing each other. And even then, they imprisoned them, instead of wiping them out.

Furthermore, other Titan creations, like the tol'vir, continued to faithfully serve the titans even after the curse of flesh.

But it does mean the Vrykul are able to choose their own path instead of being mindless slaves.
    ...their own path, in which they chose to serve the Lich King. Yeah, a real positive turn there. The ones that DON'T serve the Lich King (pretty much reserved to the Brunnhildar vrykul) are still loyal to the titans.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.