Poll: Worst Expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    I really enjoyed MoP out of the gates. Looking back now I think it was a mix of joy over no more mindless DS farming with a few new features. Raiding however was just not fun, HoF is easily the worst raid they have pumped out imo. MSV and Terrace were ok, but there wasn't one fight in any of the 3 raids that I really looked forward to or enjoyed nearly as much as ones in the past. I hope the next 2 raids are better but after this tier the bar was set so low if it is any worse then there is no reason to raid anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    BC > MoP = WOTLK > Vanilla > Cata. I was in a raiding guild in BC that got through the beginning of Sunwell before the big nerfs so that colors my experiences. Because t5 and most of T6 were epic.

Cata was awful, except for the 1-60 revamp which was pretty cool. I didn't even stick around for Dragonsoul.
    DS wasn't great and it almost hit the nightmare length of ICC's year of crap. How can you put a expansion down at the end if you didn't even play all of it though?

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:24 PM ----------

I do enjoy how the last expansion is always the least popular in these threads.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why MoP is in the poll and how people can vote for it. It's like saying Lord of the Rings is crap after watching 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I don't see why MoP is in the poll and how people can vote for it. It's like saying Lord of the Rings is crap after watching 30 mins.
    The community loves to hate the current expansion. Didn't you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Furzb View Post
    I actually enjoyed every expansion, but if i have to choose, cata

Was boring as hell, had weeks when i didnt log in just because had nothing to do
    The aspect of nothing to do was ok with me, but I do agree that it made people not liking it. I didn't like it because of the troll dungeons. Probably the worst experience for me since people were just terrible with it on LFD. It kill my drive to keep playing when I saw more troll involvement in the new patch. So I'm just done for now. I think Mists is still great of an expansion. Just my friends stop playing and doing dailies day-by-day can only be entertaining for so long.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    I voted MoP, not because it's the worst expansion per se, but because it's again more of the same...

First lvl 1 quest: "Hey dude, go and kill 10 wolves!"
    Last lvl 90 quest: "Hey dude, go and kill 10 wolves!"

That's how I sum it up, typical for the whole game, not just questing. It isn't bad, but innovations and real new content just won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I voted MoP, not because it's the worst expansion per se, but because it's again more of the same...

First lvl 1 quest: "Hey dude, go and kill 10 wolves!"
    Last lvl 90 quest: "Hey dude, go and kill 10 wolves!"

That's how I sum it up, typical for the whole game, not just questing. It isn't bad, but innovations and real new content just won't happen.
    Thats what sums up Blizzard in a whole. Good quality games, but little to no innovation

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Psssst Don't tell anyone but Martial Art Pandas go back to the early 80's with Usagi Yojimbo comics. Also keep it under your hat but animals doing martial arts go back about 4000 years in China.

As other have said tho all the Kung Fu Panda stuff comes from the fact that they made them into PO by making them 'Bouncy' food loving balls of fur and not the sleek bad ass mother fuckers they should have been.

If they were more Usagi Yojimbo and less Po i think more people would have been happy about it.
    Personally, I think the Warcraft Pandaren look like they're right in between-- their faces are much "harder" and more angular than Po's, and their claws are more defined.

To each their own, though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

I am actually quite curious to see if Cata remains the least favorite expansion once we're playing the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with... Cataclysm. The end-game experience was terrible, but it was always enjoyable in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Personally, I think the Warcraft Pandaren look like they're right in between-- their faces are much "harder" and more angular than Po's, and their claws are more defined.

To each their own, though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:57 PM ----------

I am actually quite curious to see if Cata remains the least favorite expansion once we're playing the next one.
    It certainly has a strong chance at that. I still think much of the negative feelings for it from PVE players is due to a hangover effect of the boring ass gated year of ICC. Not to say Cata didn't have it's share of pitfalls. From my small sample of ppl I know or knew playing then many were just holding out for Cata and anything short of amazing wasn't going to be enough to pull them back.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I always read hear that people always long for the last expansion. Like people longing for vanilla in tbc or the longing for tbc in wrath.

Somehow this time people do not long for cata. What I am reading here is more of a we detest cataclysm it was a horrible expansion and good ridance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Panda's are known for eating 9 to 14 kilogram every day, that's why they are "food-loving".
    Panda's are known for being from China, which is known for their martial-art.

Making Pandaren non-food-loving or non-martial-artsy would be the same as dwarves that don't like to drink or elves who aren't arrogant.
    Or even worse! Orks that don't love to fight..
    You simply don't do it.

The game is not similar to the movie.
    Both are similar to a stereo-type.

False.
    The moment I saw them I made the relation to how real pandas are and how we see China.
    That's the same relation I made when I saw KFP.
    So the thought of Kung Fu Panda never crossed your mind and it came as a shock when others mentioned it?

lol cata.. so bad

wotlk>mop>tbc>vanilla>cata

I lol every single time someone rates Wrath as one of the best expansions, especially on this forums,

Ive scrolled through 10 pages, and I can list 3 account names I reconise, that blasted wrath, and often called people wrath babies after cata was released, people always used to say its shit, but two expansions later OMG IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST,

Two posts later, Omg I hate leveling in northrend, omg icc 9 months was shit,

For me I personally enjoyed everything in wrath, I dont enjoy northend leveling any more being blunt but I used to,

but the order for me has to be

TBC - Wrath - Cata / MoP

First we haven't seen 5.2 fully, let alone 5.4/5.5 if it gets that far
    Second, I started in early tbc, not Vin so I cant fairly
    Lastly as you can see, my order goes in order, I think I can safely assume, my age comes into play, when I was 16/17, first time I ever played wow it was great fun, as I got older, more important things to do, less time to game, each expansion seems less meh, otherwords, Im getting bored maybe,

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if a lot of the Cata hate comes from the fact that Dragon Soul was out for so long? Personally, the beginning raids of the expansion were some of the best times I've had in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    I always read hear that people always long for the last expansion. Like people longing for vanilla in tbc or the longing for tbc in wrath.

Somehow this time people do not long for cata. What I am reading here is more of a we detest cataclysm it was a horrible expansion and good ridance.
    Not quite boyo,

First weeks of MoP, they're was little whining bitch's here missing cata, and its generally the people who are fully kitted in heroic end content gear, that are doing the bitching, as time goes on, they get new gear, last expansion turns out to be the worst, rinse and repeat, during cata, we had people moaning wrath was the worst thing to happen to the game and it destroyed the community