Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    The talent trees were awesome while leveling.

I prefer the new system in that you have options when approaching an encounter to min/max.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I miss em. At least while I level all my alts. It was like a reward for leveling. Ultimately pointless cause what you picked was set in stone basically. Still it was all the motivation I needed.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flareside View Post
    I liked them when leveling it felt nice, but at max lvl i never changed them for half years times. So they were pretty pointless at max lvl.
    I think that's one of those things that came along with the shift towards designing the game pretty much entirely around end game. It makes sense in a way. New players won't miss the old trees. And what we have now at end game is more interesting for a lot of people. So what's left are veterans who level alts--and they'll miss the old trees while leveling--but I don't know if it's enough to make most of them quit.

Pretty much a win from Blizzard's POV on game design.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-11 at 06:10 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

OMFG yes, I hate the whole you get 5 talents or whatever the hell it is. I don't really ever change them so I hardly ever look at them. I want a talent point each level so I can pick and choose what I want.

This game already has plenty of systems in place that are "set-and-forget" - professions, gemming, reforing, enchanting. The game does need those things, but having talents and glyphs (something that actively affects you in-combat) is not something that should be like the above.

The people who miss the old talent tree system are the people who never change up their glyphs and talents currently depending on what content they're doing. On the surface, it seems deeper to have 70 talent points as opposed to 6, but there's no interaction whatsoever after you set those points. I'm not going to say that if you aren't changing your talents/glyphs then you're doing it wrong, because not everyone cares about that level of customization - they just want to play and that's fine. But to that player it makes no difference how many talent points there are. I know that it's been a ton more engaging seeing what things I can do to help my personal output by changing up talents in PvE and PvP.

Deleted
    I rather have the 41 points integrated within my spec as 95% of the points were no-brainers and be able to chose between a select few game changing abilities. Which is precisely what has been delivered in MoP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OMFG yes, I hate the whole you get 5 talents or whatever the hell it is. I don't really ever change them so I hardly ever look at them. I want a talent point each level so I can pick and choose what I want.
    You mean chose the talents 99% of the player-base has also chosen?
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-02-11 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm missing is the reward of lvling. Nowadays you only get a reward every 2 levels approximately. Sometimes you wont see a new ability in 5 lvls, sometimes you'll see 2 abilities and a passive pop up when dinging.

Blizzard should really give us something EVERY LEVEL. Right now the incentive of lvling is basically none, but every 15 lvls and being lvl 90.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Making abilities a little stronger each level, maybe every 10 levels or so get a class-changing ability.... Those were the days....

I want a refund for all the gold I spent on training.
    I am a vanilla player myself and i hated the old talent trees realy.. like oo wow now i can choose between 0,1 less casting time on my frost bolt or i can do 0,2 % more damage on my bla bla.. how could that be anything u miss?

The new talent tree makes u even more hybird then before since u can pick abilities certain specs had and mix it up..

Be clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    With old system you can filter bad players by looking at their talents. It was good because it helped to organize a successfull PuG. Though there are other things like gemming and reforging, so I don't miss it that much.

No, I love the new ones.

In the old model, there was no choice, you had to pick what was the best, and you left it that way unless there was some major work done on some new simulations. With the new system, I've used well over 1,000 Tomes of the Clear Mind, always changing my spells, for every Fight, Arena, Battleground, Heroic, Brawl and so much more. I love it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No they shouldn't, we had so much BS abilities and we finnaly got rid of it.. so ur saying u want it back?
    It feels WAY more rewarding if u see oo wow i can do such a cool ability in 3 levels.. u start leveling like crazy and when u get the ability it feels cool.. getting new a billity every level is annoying and not rewarding.. keep it mind if u start a new class u need to get a place of all skills u get.. giving more random spells each level just for the sake of doing so is BAD design.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    What I'm missing is the reward of lvling. Nowadays you only get a reward every 2 levels approximately. Sometimes you wont see a new ability in 5 lvls, sometimes you'll see 2 abilities and a passive pop up when dinging.

Blizzard should really give us something EVERY LEVEL. Right now the incentive of lvling is basically none, but every 15 lvls and being lvl 90.
    yea i ment this post. ( failed quoting for some reason)
    Last edited by Alanar; 2013-02-11 at 07:02 PM.

Kinda miss them too, but the new trees are cool as well. I really like the fact you can choose between different kind of speed increases and all, but the damage amplifier talents are still silly, with some being still mandatory for different aspects of the game. I just wish they will do something like the diablo3 skills. I loved that part of the game.

Basic attacks you get from the first levels, and then adjust them to your willing

No, don't miss them at all. Thought I might, but no.
    They did a pretty good job with leveling. Between talents, spells / abilities, glyphs, dungeon unlocks, and riding levels you still end up getting something new at almost every level, which makes it feel rewarding to do so. And the choices in the new talent system are much better than the old ones.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

I don't miss them. That being said I don't like the new system any better.

Deleted
    I miss them and all the fun you could do with them. UA/Revenge,Survivalist/BM melee spec, Melee-elemental shaman, etc etc. It offered you a way to play your class in a most unorthodox way possible. It didn't add to PVP or PVE imbalance either. It just gave you extra toys to play with when bored.

This is my shaman alone. My warrior and priest has similar gold spent on talent tree respecs. I'd literally respec 5-10 times/day just because it was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, the talent trees are gone forever ... you know, Blizzard's maxim is to reduce everything to the utmost simplicity. EVERYTHING.