Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just wondering where it "immigrated" from, Germany or Sweden (wonder how good they can swim). There are several established packs in Brandenburg (the state around Berlin), from there it wouldn't be too far for an individual to walk into Jutland. Hopefully it will end like with our wolves, and not the shameful episode when a lone bear from northern Italy came to Germany after more than a century, and the media stirred up a ridiculous panic until he was shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    stay inside till the wolf is gone? or check your backyard from your window and see if it's there?

No wolfs in Iceland, ouchhh 4 you.

come on man .,...be happy a wolf still exists in your part of the world ....sadly in less then 50 years they will not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    And im actually a bit scared of it. I don't know much about wolves but according to the news aired yesterday, it could actually be sleeping out in my backyard at this very moment. I honestly think im gonna carry atleast a small knife with me whenever i go out just to be able to have SOME kind of weapon to fight with in case it might need it.

I'm afraid my dog could be in danger aswell, as he got a doggie door that allows him to go outside whenever he wants/needs to. What if the wolf sees him as free dinner?

Could anyone give me a good reason not to be even a little bit afraid of this bastard? And dont give me that crap about it being afraid of me. For all we know it could be fucked up on rabies and what not.
    What's the chance of it getting to you. It's not like Denmark has the size of a village ...

Deleted
    Luckely wolf are more scared of humans than we are of them. Where exactly is it in Denmark?

Wolves are fine. I've even gone right up close to a couple and stroked them, hah. My university course was brilliant...

This one's probably hungry, so don't give it any easy food and it won't come anywhere near you. So yeah, put your bins away and you're probably fine.

A wolf in denmark is still less frightening than a horse in england these days xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Something is lupine in the state of Denmark.

(I'm probably the 20th person in this thread to play off of Hamlet)
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Just wondering where it "immigrated" from, Germany or Sweden (wonder how good they can swim). There are several established packs in Brandenburg (the state around Berlin), from there it wouldn't be too far for an individual to walk into Jutland. Hopefully it will end like with our wolves, and not the shameful episode when a lone bear from northern Italy came to Germany after more than a century, and the media stirred up a ridiculous panic until he was shot.
    The wolf came from Germany and is in Jutland somewhere. We had a wolf last year aswell and it came from Germany aswell. We had a moose from Sweden a few years back it was on Sealand north of Copenhagen. It clearly swam over Øresund.

its ok to laugh at me :P But it seems from your comments that im just a pussy. No big deal. Just gotta man up i guess. But if that fucker attacks my dog or any of the cattle i work with, its gonna have a bad time.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    You do realize that it was like 3 months ago the wolf was sighted, then it turned out to be some sort of a husky i.e. wolf lookalike dog. Then a few weeks after that a new sighting turned up another one turned up. They haven't been confirmed, and the pictures of the 'wolves' are blurry and shit. Nothing to be afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    You do realize that it was like 3 months ago the wolf was sighted, then it turned out to be some sort of a husky i.e. wolf lookalike dog. Then a few weeks after that a new sighting turned up another one turned up. They haven't been confirmed, and the pictures of the 'wolves' are blurry and shit. Nothing to be afraid of.
    These confirmed sighting were from yesterday.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I don't get it. Is it on the news if someone sees a bird as well?
    Only swans. Those get the news

It is because we eradicated the Scandinavian wolf, i think in Zealand around 1500, Jutland maybe a bit later. It is why danes should not have guns, they use them and stuff dies. Be it wolves or albino moose

Oh Jutland was 1813.
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2013-02-12 at 02:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be leaving for work in 5 minutes and i'll be going outside in a area filled with deers and forrests and shit,
    Then I think you will be fine, it will be more than full on some old deer which is an easy kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    albino moose
    I can not stop laughing XD
    http://satwcomic.com/wild-ghost

There's probably a higher chance that you (or your dog) die in a car accident. Do you also constantly worry about that?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    its ok to laugh at me :P But it seems from your comments that im just a pussy. No big deal. Just gotta man up i guess. But if that fucker attacks my dog or any of the cattle i work with, its gonna have a bad time.
    The wolf is a protected species, you cannot just attack protected species just because your dog misbehaves and attacks it and suffers

Get a Kangal dog, they are experts at kicking wolf ass. They might go crazy and attack lions or tigers from time to time tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    While this is true, Denmark is a fairly small country and as i said, it could be in my backyard RIGHT now. And i've got no expirience with these kind of animals. I have no idea how to react to a wolf. A dog maybe, have tried encounters with those before but a wolf is different in my mind. Wolves may be a but over hyped from media and movies, but this isn't very nice imo.
    There's way more chance of finding a random dangerous dog in your backyard than this specific wolf, why does this make you more worried ? And a dog would also have way more chance to attack you than this wolf, dogs are more used to human presence, while wolves fears it.

Right now I'd be quite happy to hear about wolves around where I live, too many boars around there, would balance things out while being much less dangerous than boars, which are like crazy f**cked-up armored pigs that doesn't fear attacking people... or cars, and usually wins (even against cars on road, your car usually doesn't survive the meeting, while boars does very often... and may keep on attacking you/your car even when bleeding everywhere)