Spriest. Annoying when flying. (sparkles)

Anyone else super annoyed by all the sparkles from shadow form flying straight to your face when on a flying mount?
    Is there a mount that eliminates this problem?
    I've got 102 or so mounts, tried my favorites, all shit sparkles to my face

never fault as a issue for me o_O

When I used to farm dark soil for the Tillers, I would fly up high, turn graphic to low and zoom camera to first person - all spawned soils were easily visible this way. BUT I had to turn off shadowform because of the sparkles that were still visible even with max zoomed camera and were screwing the area of sight. A spriest without shadowform on a pvp crowded server felt... handicapped numerous times.
    Other than that, I find shadowform and all that comes with it a distinguishing mark of being a spriest and I love it!

Definitely have the same issue. Its the reason I don't use my ashes.
    Personally I've been using my Phosphorescent Stone Drake as it doesn't have that much "flair" but the design still stands out in glyphed shadowform. I'd imagine the other color's of the same model would be the same way (I don't have any of them currently).
    More recently I picked up the Armored Bloodwing from the blizzard store and I really like that one for the lack of weird effects.

Honestly though I've had more trouble with gear causing these than the mounts themselves. Weapon enchants and Shoulder designs typically have moving effects which are really just a series of stationary images that cycle, when flying these appear to leave traces behind them, This effect also comes from shadowform by default as you pointed out, Other than dropping form entirely these ones will still remain.

You may want to look into Vial of the Sands (sandstone drake), due to the fact that it changes your form rather than having you fly on it. (iirc it actually places you inside the mount, which may cover up the effects)
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-06-08 at 09:03 PM.

Oddly, this is the same reason why I don't like using Ashes of A'lar

rag mount w/ glyph of shadows looks really cool imo.

Stop playing so zoomed in...........

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Stop playing so zoomed in...........
    ^ This

Al'ar and I sparkle-bomb the cities with ground-level flyby's full of sparkle and contrails of light!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yes. I thought I was the only one that hated it, honestly.

It doesn't have to do with playing zoomed in too far, they're visible way behind your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Oddly, this is the same reason why I don't like using Ashes of A'lar
    Hear hear brother! I still use it alot, but man do i find it annoying sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    Yes. I thought I was the only one that hated it, honestly.

It doesn't have to do with playing zoomed in too far, they're visible way behind your character.
    If you run full graphics settings they are visible a good 10-15 yards behind the player while flying, (usually a bit further than the actual length of the mount itself).

Even using the script to extend the camera range to full, Its still very visible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change your camera angle so it isn't level with your angle of flight? If you keep your camera angle between 30-60° there shouldn't be any problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Change your camera angle so it isn't level with your angle of flight? If you keep your camera angle between 30-60° there shouldn't be any problem.
    That is also annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drye and Yvaelle can stay, the rest of you are fired.