Deleted
    so theres no way of increasing the damage of your melee or grenade aside from your level?

still tyring to get these bloody void damage kills, would be handy if my grenade or melee actually did some proper damage :|

- - - Updated - - -

6 games of crucible and im still on 0 / 500 :x

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so theres no way of increasing the damage of your melee or grenade aside from your level?

still tyring to get these bloody void damage kills, would be handy if my grenade or melee actually did some proper damage :|
    Glad that I have been hoarding my secondary weapons that have different element types. Seems like for this fusion rifle would be perfect.

You are correct there is not way of increasing melee or grenade other than level. There may be some gear that augments abilities though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently saw this, a friend sent it to me, no idea if others here have or if it has been posted.

I went and tested this out, it's the first, I believe, mission you get on the moon. Takes about 5 minutes to get to it. And then the fun begins. I burned 3 levels here in about 2 hours, and picked up a ton of items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JLKrombacher View Post
    Glad that I have been hoarding my secondary weapons that have different element types. Seems like for this fusion rifle would be perfect.

You are correct there is not way of increasing melee or grenade other than level. There may be some gear that augments abilities though!
    ive seen gear that increases melee speed or grenade throw distance, but none that increase damage :\

its just kind of lame that grenades do such shit damage for such a cooldown.

Yeah we did some of that yesterday, it works I guess. Just not fun. I'd rather be earning rep and killing things to be honest.

As a Defender Titan my sticky grenade is an immediate kill, Do you have a stick grenade? They typically do the most unavoidable damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 87Octane View Post
    Yeah we did some of that yesterday, it works I guess. Just not fun. I'd rather be earning rep and killing things to be honest.

As a Defender Titan my sticky grenade is an immediate kill, Do you have a stick grenade? They typically do the most unavoidable damage.
    no sticky grenade on warlock :|

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Recently saw this, a friend sent it to me, no idea if others here have or if it has been posted.

I went and tested this out, it's the first, I believe, mission you get on the moon. Takes about 5 minutes to get to it. And then the fun begins. I burned 3 levels here in about 2 hours, and picked up a ton of items.
    Discussed this already. It is a great way to get some engrams. I can only do it for about 40 deaths before I am done. Would rather play strikes with others.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb2YO5Q4klE&feature=youtu.be

Funny video.

Deleted
    the warlock bonds are so lame compared to hunter and titan class items

some of the purple ones you can buy from the speaker look ok, but they are barely noticable :\

As opposed to wearing a skirt like my manly Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going at a pretty slow pace only about to get to 15, probably tonight. Not rushing through has made me enjoy it a lot, liking the Titan a lot, punching shit in the face lol. How different of a playstyle tho is the Striker from Defender?
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Im going at a pretty slow pace only about to get to 15, probably tonight. Not rushing through has made me enjoy it a lot, liking the Titan a lot, punching shit in the face lol. How different of a playstyle tho is the Striker from Defender?
    Well I mean aside from the fact that you still shoot people and punch them in the face mostly - you have a bubble instead of your super slam. You can use it when you are about to die, or put it on someone you are trying to resurrect (so you can both escape), use it when you get surrounded by melee enemies (by default it restores your health while you are in it, but can be talented for other uses). You can also use it to cheese smaller bosses, having your team inside with the enemy shotgunning and melee'ing the poor bastard (fun). You cannot shoot into it, or out of it though. Friends and enemies can walk in/out of it as they please (it doesn't buff enemies of course). You have to learn how to step in and out to really utilize it.

Your melee kills proc a shield on yourself, so if you find yourself about to die, you can punch a weaker enemy for full health + a 75% shield - it has saved me a thousand times.

The grenades are pretty good too, the magnetic sticky hits very very hard. Instant kill in PVP and is great for taking out Wizards once you learn to throw it. It also "stuns" enemies the moment it sticks, then explodes twice. The suppressor grenade is mainly for PVP - getting caught in the blast disables their super, 2nd "jump", and possibly more (maybe grenade/melee CD?).
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-09-18 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    I would say that it is like playing two different classes. Striker is the balls to the wall attacker and the defender is, well, a defender. You can still dish out alot of damage at defender and the bubble you deploy can completely change a situation from losing to winning.

I tend to play the defender a bit more aggressive since you melee (on kill) gives you a shield that is a life saver in a clutch situation.

I think both are viable is PvE and PvP. I personally play Striker in PvP because I enjoy killing people with my super.

I would suggest going to Defender when you hit 15 just to level it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 87Octane View Post
    Well I mean aside from the fact that you still shoot people and punch them in the face mostly - you have a bubble instead of your super slam. You can use it when you are about to die, or put it on someone you are trying to resurrect (so you can both escape), use it when you get surrounded by melee enemies (by default it restores your health while you are in it, but can be talented for other uses). You can also use it to cheese smaller bosses, having your team inside with the enemy shotgunning and melee'ing the poor bastard (fun). You cannot shoot into it, or out of it though. Friends and enemies can walk in/out of it as they please (it doesn't buff enemies of course). You have to learn how to step in and out to really utilize it.

Your melee kills proc a shield on yourself, so if you find yourself about to die, you can punch a weaker enemy for full health + a 75% shield - it has saved me a thousand times.

The grenades are pretty good too, the magnetic sticky hits very very hard. Instant kill in PVP and is great for taking out Wizards once you learn to throw it. It also "stuns" enemies the moment it sticks, then explodes twice. The suppressor grenade is mainly for PVP - getting caught in the blast disables their super, 2nd "jump", and possibly more (maybe grenade/melee CD?).
    Should have known you would have replied.

no sticky grenade on warlock :|
    Sunsinger has a sticky actually. It's my favorite grenade too, so much fun to stick people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Found it pretty hilarious that in lieu of something meaningful...Activision puts out a press release about Destiny popularity on Twitch.

Gotta keep that hype train rolling somehow.
    Well you can see how that day one $500 million bullshit number ended up burning them. So keeping every bit of hype they can is critical as these first couple of weeks runs out.

When they came out with an actual sales estimate of $325 million for the first five days their stock price suffered for it. Didn't GTA5 clear $800 million on day one? Didn't the last Halo make like $200 million on day one? But it took hyped to the moon Destiny five days to reach $325 million.

I'm with their investors in expecting better sales numbers than that.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2014-09-18 at 09:51 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The loot system in this game is extremely irritating. After hours of farming you get 2 legendary engrams turn them in and they're always blue. I've turned in over 15 legendary engrams and don't have a single legendary item to show for it. Hell at this point I would be glad to get them for other classes just to be assured that they actually exist. That Cryptarch dude is so fucking stingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Dunno but the Grottos are filled with level 20 mobs for me and there is no ogre in it (just 1 wizard and a couple of smaller hive dudes).

Anyway found that farming for engrams is a waste of time because you get so many while playing strikes and the daily stuff like heroic story mission. I dunno but my Cryptarch is level 8 although I haven´t really farmed for engrams at all. They just come naturally.
    The ogre is in a small side cave, easy to miss. One Wizard doesn't sound right though... I always had two.

- - - Updated - - -

the warlock bonds are so lame compared to hunter and titan class items

some of the purple ones you can buy from the speaker look ok, but they are barely noticable :\
    The crucible ones are awesome. A shadowy one for Voidwalker and a Flaming one for Sunsinger.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a faction they been grinding for? I'm pretty curious what you guys are doing for that

Getting people competent enough for Atheon is such a struggle. This game needs better social tools. That's easily the biggest thing wrong with it.

It's also ridiculously apparent when coming from an MMO background that a lot of these call of duty players and the like have never raided anything before because they just don't grasp that there are mechanics to these raid bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Anyone got a faction they been grinding for? I'm pretty curious what you guys are doing for that
    I started just Crucible/Vangard but then realized I could focus all of my attentions as it were on a single faction. The one with the precision weapons for my hunter was FWC. The Chance, and The Calling... I fell for other hand canons whose bonuses were readily apparent, but then I started getting AMAZING blue weapons.. explosive rounds in a Scout Rifle anyone? How about a Rocket Launcher that drops a half-dozen grenades at the impact point?

The Chance has something called 'Skip Rounds'. Lets see if I remember this correctly: "Ceramic jacketed rounds that riccoche off of hard surfaces. Their mass makes the Hand Cannon slower, their density allows for more hand cannon ammo to be carried."

I duno about you, but that sounds like a way to hit a second target -OR- hit something around a corner to me.

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    I haven't even noticed the differences between the Factions yet, just seem to all sell purple gear.