Deleted
    It's today guardians, just survive this few hours at work and we can start playing at the evening (well, at least here in Europe )
    I'm really curious to find more about Destiny story.

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    As for on topic about PS4 being M&K compatible, only Warthunder and FFXIV: ARR support it. Killzone Shadowfall doesn't support it, and Destiny most likely won't. Destiny did support M&K, I would actually pick up a PS4 for Destiny. And the PS3 had keyboard support, but the mouse drivers were abysmal. Dust 514 was clunky, and FFXIV: ARR only supports controller for gameplay, and keyboard for typing for this reason.
    I would be very surprised if Destiny had any form of M&K support. It would create an unfair playing field for the controller players within the same console. I wished Bungie would give the PC platform another shot, but they seem to heavily favor consoles.

Bungie makes great games, but their business practices can be quite dickish. Or hell it may be entirely Activision that is undergoing this platform decision considering how buttered they are to Sony with their exclusives.

Sony and Microsoft Need To End Their Idiotic 'Exclusive Content' War
    A great read about what I feel on timed and DLC exclusives.
    Last edited by kail; 2014-07-17 at 08:16 AM.

I get that Bungie is putting PS first for all this Destiny stuff probably because they want to try and win over the Sony fans that they never got to make games for (AKA Halo), but seriously? Fuck them. I do not care for the fact that they are basically shitting all over the console crowd that got them to where they are today. If it wasn't for the Xbox crowd, Bungie would probably not even exist now.

Granted, console exclusive and timed exclusive content is all retarded and I wish it would die in a fire, but that is what helps sell certain systems I guess. Still grinds my gears that Bungie basically gave the middle finger to the Xbox users though. Way to support the people who put you where you are today! Stay classy!

Yes I understand Xbox is getting pretty much everything that PS is getting, but it still burns me up that Bungie favored PS over Xbox. Between the Alpha only being on PS, and the PS getting Beta first, and the PS getting after launch content before the Xbox....just...bleh.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-07-17 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    A Shooter on a Console LOLZ! Do the Kids play it with a Gamepad, seriously?

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-07-17 at 04:22 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If it wasn't for the Xbox crowd, Bungie would probably not even exist now.
    If it wasn't for the Xbox crowd, Bungie would still be fine and Halo would still be playable on PC, rather than being Xbox exclusive ever since 2.

Currently a bit annoyed that the digital guardian edition's still not up on the European PSN store. I'm not pre-ordering it before that goes up, meaning I can't get in on the beta unless I'm lucky enough to find a code in the wilderness that is called the internet.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2014-07-17 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    If it wasn't for the Xbox crowd, Bungie would still be fine and Halo would still be playable on PC, rather than being Xbox exclusive ever since 2.

Currently a bit annoyed that the digital guardian edition's still not up on the European PSN store. I'm not pre-ordering it before that goes up, meaning I can't get in on the beta unless I'm lucky enough to find a code in the wilderness that is called the internet.
    You can preorder regular digital edition now and play beta, there will be upgrade option to guardian edition soon and I heard its even cheaper that way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    Ignore this troll guys, it's not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I get that Bungie is putting PS first for all this Destiny stuff probably because they want to try and win over the Sony fans that they never got to make games for (AKA Halo), but seriously? Fuck them. I do not care for the fact that they are basically shitting all over the console crowd that got them to where they are today. If it wasn't for the Xbox crowd, Bungie would probably not even exist now.

Granted, console exclusive and timed exclusive content is all retarded and I wish it would die in a fire, but that is what helps sell certain systems I guess. Still grinds my gears that Bungie basically gave the middle finger to the Xbox users though. Way to support the people who put you where you are today! Stay classy!

Yes I understand Xbox is getting pretty much everything that PS is getting, but it still burns me up that Bungie favored PS over Xbox. Between the Alpha only being on PS, and the PS getting Beta first, and the PS getting after launch content before the Xbox....just...bleh.
    More likely Sony paid a hefty fee to secure the exclusive content. I'm sure Activision had some part to play here as well. If you want to place blame, blame Microsoft. They know what Bungie is capable of yet apparently they let Sony beat them in a bid for exclusive content. Bungie and Activision cashing a fat check for exclusive content is just good business. And it's only a timed exclusive, nothing to get upset about. You'll still get the content eventually. Most of the gear exclusives would probably be irrelevant before your level is in the double digits anyway.

As for the Xbox crowd getting them where they are today: Their success on the Mac is what brought them to the attention of Microsoft. Even with all the Halos, Bungie still has more titles on computers than on consoles. Even Halo itself was originally in development for the Mac. Bungie would've done just fine without Microsoft and the Xbox, but without Halo as their killer app the Xbox likely would've tanked. There wouldn't have been an Xbox 360 let alone an Xbox One. And Microsoft was left with a multi-billion dollar franchise. Hell, even the architecture for Xbox Live was heavily influenced by Bungie. Xbox owes Bungie, not the other way around. And if Bungie screwed the platform community that made them, it was PC players. Without their success with Marathon and Myth on Mac/Windows they never would've made it to Halo and Xbox. Yet PC players seemingly aren't getting a game at all. Though I've no doubt a PC version will release later, that still amounts to the whole game being a timed exclusive for PC players. Now that's something worth getting upset about, not some timed exclusive on what amounts to less than 1% of the game's content.

And yes, I'm clearly biased in favour of PC. I've been a Bungie fan since Marathon and Myth in the mid-to-late 90s. I'm holding out for a PC release of Destiny. My Xbox 360 library consists entirely of Halo titles and franchises I've since moved to PC (I'd move Halo to PC too if I could). Realizing this, I have no intention of buying an Xbox One when it would essentially be used exclusively for Halo (especially a post-Bungie Halo). If Destiny were to remain a console exclusive that might tip the scales in favour of me buying a console (just as likely a PS4, given the superior hardware), but I don't see this being the case.

And for all the doubters of Destiny's PC chances: Bungie is constantly alluding to a PC release and being coy about it, which wouldn't be the case if it weren't a strong possibility. Activision knows very well how successful games can be on PC and has spoken out in favour of it. Even the publicly released documents outlining Bungie's publishing deal with Activision indicate a PC release of Destiny. I suspect the only reason confirmation hasn't been given already is so Destiny can help drive console sales. Destiny for PC is not so much a question of if it will release, but when. And I can wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Muchly looking forward to playing this on the PS4... first game I've pre-ordered in quite somw time... if the beta gives me a few hours of entertainment then the purchase is already worth it!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    Comments like this are filled with so much ignorance and spite. "Lulz I spent thousands on my toaster oven and I don't get to play this!?" Is all I see in that remark.

Longtime PC player here and I PREFER the console/controller experience for shooters. That probably goes doubly for those that are not used to utilizing a M/KB setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    If you left it at that - saying you prefer shooters on consoles over PC, I wouldn't bother to reply. However...

Writing comments like this, expect a full blown discussion.
    Not really. It's still essentially under the same umbrella.

Don't you hardcore PC guys have like Skyrim and mods? I mean you people tout that shit all the time like it's the only that thing matters in the gaming universe. I don't know why you'd even care about this one game. Because you know, MODS! YOU GOT MODS!

P.S.: That's a mix of sarcasm and a genuine question as to why you'd actually really care that much to begin with. According to the fanatics the PC platform has so much great content that whatever the consoles get is chump change ultimately. They get one great looking online shooter and all the sudden, that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-07-17 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas on what time in the UK the download starts? Bungie screen just says "log back in on 17th July"... IT IS THE BLOODY 17TH :P
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Any ideas on what time in the UK the download starts? Bungie screen just says "log back in on 17th July"... IT IS THE BLOODY 17TH :P
    I think everyone gets their codes in another 5 minutes but I'm not a 100% sure. That maybe just for the NA users.

I am going to be shocked if both the Bungie site and PSN hold up for the next hour.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-07-17 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think their servers just imploded haha

I think their servers just imploded haha
    Yeah I really didn't get the logic behind waiting to give everyone their code at the same exact time. Next to go will probably be the PSN.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this ever comes to PC I'll pick it up. I just can't play FPS games with a controller. Aim assist just makes me feel dirty, and the lack of precision bothers me. It does look like an interesting game and I'd like to play it at some point, just not enough to actually go buy a console. I do hope this does really well and they port it to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    1. You pirate a multiplayer game and play it only on private servers. Most of the WoW copies used to play on private servers (if not all) are pirated copies. And trust me on the hackers and botters part. By hacking I mean terrain hacking, speed hacking, duping items, etc by altering the game client on your machine... Hackers and botters are especially prolific in MMO games if the GMs are lax or too few and/or the game has no protections against this. I remember ESO, it was a bot fest until Zenimax REALLY cracked down on them sending tons of GMs in the game to ban the bot trains left and right.

As far as I'm aware, you can't really hack and bot on consoles... I may be stupidly wrong, though.

2. Skyrim only had 14% of sales on PC, the rest were on consoles. At this point I can understand game developers catering to the console market wherever possible. I mean if a huge game like Skyrim only sells 14% of copies on the PC market, it's just really bad and I'm not sure it's even worth it to consider the PC market as being interesting.
    1. The WoW client is free. You can't "pirate" the WoW client. It's the service that costs money.

Also you can hack and bot on consoles. It's not as easy as it is on PC, but it's still a thing that happens. There's a lot of item modding and duping that goes on in the console version of Diablo 3 for example, but not the PC version.

2. When you looked at these sales for Skyrim, did the data include digital distribution? Because pretty much every sales chart out there only lists physical copies, not digital distribution, and digital (through Steam and such) is the preferred method of acquisition for games on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Yeah I really didn't get the logic behind waiting to give everyone their code at the same exact time. Next to go will probably be the PSN.

PSN Store itself has just gone down haha!

PSN Store itself has just gone down haha!
    Finally got my code. Now let's watch the PSN's complete and total implosion.

Weird, you get three codes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Finally got my code. Now let's watch the PSN's complete and total implosion.

Weird, you get three codes?
    Yeah it's meant for "You and a couple of your friends" so they state

CE-34632-8 stands for Failstation I guess?

Silly me deciding to switch this gen to Sony side due to better hardware and price, but who cares about the hardware when their whole effin software infrastructure is shit - begining with PS4 OS and ending PSN backend.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Also you can hack and bot on consoles. It's not as easy as it is on PC, but it's still a thing that happens. There's a lot of item modding and duping that goes on in the console version of Diablo 3 for example, but not the PC version.
    I would be really interested to see proof of that because I haven't seen or heard that occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    CE-34632-8 stands for Failstation I guess?

Silly me deciding to switch this gen to Sony side due to better hardware and price, but who cares about the hardware when their whole effin software infrastructure is shit - begining with PS4 OS and ending PSN backend.
    Settle down the PSN is probably under a lot of strain right now. Happens to all platforms/clients when you decide to let thousands of people on at the exact same moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I would be really interested to see proof of that because I haven't seen or heard that occurring.
    Yeah sounds like total fluff.

Only thing I ever encountered on the consoles were "DC switchers". Very bad in Gears of War.