Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i love how the moderator specifically asked for this not to turn into an x vs y platform debate and people just keep going...

to change the topic, why is it so annoying to grind rep? by hte time your rank 2 with anyone you have enough marks to get all the gear at one time once u hit it. no progression feels... just grind grind grind boom your done, now go do vault of glass with all your shiny purples.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i love how the moderator specifically asked for this not to turn into an x vs y platform debate and people just keep going...

to change the topic, why is it so annoying to grind rep? by hte time your rank 2 with anyone you have enough marks to get all the gear at one time once u hit it. no progression feels... just grind grind grind boom your done, now go do vault of glass with all your shiny purples.
    I think it's weird that it's more rep for rank 2 than rank 3.

Worst part is that the vendors like dead orbit, new monarchy, and fwc only take crucible marks.

if i buy the extoic chest engram from Xur on a level 17 toon and decrypt it will it give me exotic still ( when you hit 20 it says that you unlock exotics )

FYI trying to get a exotic chest for my hunter. but think ill just get a few more strange coins and get the head or wait until next week and hopefully get the Mask of the Third Man since its better for bladedancer
    Last edited by Isoz; 2014-10-17 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Worst part is that the vendors like dead orbit, new monarchy, and fwc only take crucible marks.
    Yeah, that's another retarded decision on Bungie's part. They allow you to rank up those factions by playing PvE, but FORCE you to PvP if you want to actually buy anything from them. It is absolutely retarded that Vanguard marks only work for TWO vendors while Crucible marks work for FIVE vendors. Favor PvP much? It's bullshit and completely shutting out a portion of their playerbase who bought the game to only do the PvE side of things. I mean, you do fucking patrol missions for all the factions in PvE for fuck's sake, and yet they don't allow you to buy their gear after you've been doing all their bitch work? Seriously Bungie....

Yeah, I know you can still get free items from those factions just by simply ranking them up, but if you want a specific item or specific perks/stats on an item, you have to buy it and not just trust in the RNG gods to give you the one you want. I really hope they allow Vanguard marks to be spent on the other factions' vendors sometime in the near future, or otherwise there are gonna be a lot of Vanguard marks going to waste....because once your gear is upgraded fully, getting shard would be pointless from the PvE gear.

The longer I play this game, the more I realize that Bungie doesn't have a fucking clue what they're doing.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-10-17 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, that's another retarded decision on Bungie's part. They allow you to rank up those factions by playing PvE, but FORCE you to PvP if you want to actually buy anything from them. It is absolutely retarded that Vanguard marks only work for TWO vendors while Crucible marks work for FIVE vendors. Favor PvP much? It's bullshit and completely shutting out a portion of their playerbase who bought the game to only do the PvE side of things. I mean, you do fucking patrol missions for all the factions in PvE for fuck's sake, and yet they don't allow you to buy their gear after you've been doing all their bitch work? Seriously Bungie....

Yeah, I know you can still get free items from those factions just by simply ranking them up, but if you want a specific item or specific perks/stats on an item, you have to buy it and not just trust in the RNG gods to give you the one you want. I really hope they allow Vanguard marks to be spent on the other factions' vendors sometime in the near future, or otherwise there are gonna be a lot of Vanguard marks going to waste....because once your gear is upgraded fully, getting shard would be pointless from the PvE gear.

The longer I play this game, the more I realize that Bungie doesn't have a fucking clue what they're doing.
    I agree with the first paragraph, I think Factions should take either currency. Especially when it's predominantly PVE activities that level faction rep.

When you talk about Vanguard marks being useless though (even for shards), I mean you realize at that point you are done with the game - progression-wise. At that point it's mainly about branching out by upgrading a different exotic armor for variation's sake, or weapon, gearing up an alt or collecting different colored scooter farts. When it comes to raw "power" (for lack of a better term), you can cap out relatively quickly in Destiny, but collecting various types of weapons (and exotic armor perks) for different circumstances/benefits/playstyles/specs is the main draw beyond that. But if side-grades aren't your cup of tea - you are finished with the game

I mean about two weeks after hitting 20, I got a random drop Lord High Fixer hand cannon. 11 shots, high impact, high range (perk), instant reload with kill perk. Upgrades to 300 damage just like everything else. Pretty much perfect. Is there a point in looking for more primary weapons? Not really. But I do anyway...it's fun.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-10-17 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    Foregoing the platform they have market dominance on. They really need there heads checked. FPS = PC. If you suck at FPS i can understand why you'd want to play on consoles, as the auto-aim and difficulty is dropped nice and low. I prefer a challenge.
    Okay I'm going to play Destiny now.

#pcGotPwnt
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

some items from the up comming expsansion " the dark below " has been " leaked/ found "

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...2nd_dlcs_raid/

doesnt show u any proper images or stats for the pieces though lol
    Last edited by Isoz; 2014-10-17 at 11:13 PM.

Atheon
    Next week's Hotfix is going to contain some fixes to the Atheon encounter.
    We've added "baby bumpers" to areas where players could knock Atheon out of the environment.
    nooo the atheon cheese!

15+ Year Old Account
    nooo the atheon cheese!
    Even more fun that 3 random people get teleported.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Even more fun that 3 random people get teleported.
    By fun I hope you mean completely unnecessary and retarded change.

Bungie:
    Let's ignore the fact that the Atheon fight has bugs and glitches throughout it. Like only 1 or 2 people getting teleported instead of 3. Or the portals glitch out and don't allow you to exit them and you get stuck inside and blinded. Or the times vengeance buff not applying itself to the raid. Or any of the other various fucked portions of the fight. Instead, lets focus on something completely trivial and FORCE RNG upon the players when strategy and coordination should be happening instead. Because you know, fuck those raid breaking bugs.....we need people to play the game the way WE want them to play. Who gives a fuck if it's fun or not?

I just can't fathom how they are dedicating time and resources to fix something that isnt a problem, while ignoring the stuff that IS a problem. Their priorities are completely fucked up right now.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-10-18 at 01:30 PM.

Atheon
    Next week's Hotfix is going to contain some fixes to the Atheon encounter.
    We've added "baby bumpers" to areas where players could knock Atheon out of the environment.
    greaat my chances of doing atheon went from slim to none, since i dont even have enough friends on my PSN and websites like " http://destinytracker.com " everyone is looking for level 29-30 players for normal ! >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    greaat my chances of doing atheon went from slim to none, since i dont even have enough friends on my PSN and websites like " http://destinytracker.com " everyone is looking for level 29-30 players for normal ! >.<
    Ahh, the retardery of WoW flex has finally come to Destiny. Can't get 29 unless you have one piece of VOG gear already =/ does nothing for those that only get weapon/cosmetic drops as I'm sure my first trip will be. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Ahh, the retardery of WoW flex has finally come to Destiny. Can't get 29 unless you have one piece of VOG gear already =/ does nothing for those that only get weapon/cosmetic drops as I'm sure my first trip will be. *sigh*
    managed to find a group for to push atheon off the side on tuesday on my level 28 warlock my 1st run in hardmode and i got a legendary sparrow, i just wanted the vex lol and unfortunally both my alt toons are lvl 25 so they cant get into hardmode ( or rather i cant find anyon ethatll take them to atheon for pushing off )
    Last edited by Isoz; 2014-10-18 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    if i buy the extoic chest engram from Xur on a level 17 toon and decrypt it will it give me exotic still ( when you hit 20 it says that you unlock exotics )

FYI trying to get a exotic chest for my hunter. but think ill just get a few more strange coins and get the head or wait until next week and hopefully get the Mask of the Third Man since its better for bladedancer
    I went helmets on all 3. Helmets from any vendor cost 130 marks, whereas any other piece of armor is only 65. I think helmets actually dismantle for more materials though... not sure if the value is greater than say 2 gauntlets or BPs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    By fun I hope you mean completely unnecessary and retarded change.

Bungie:
    Let's ignore the fact that the Atheon fight has bugs and glitches throughout it. Like only 1 or 2 people getting teleported instead of 3. Or the portals glitch out and don't allow you to exit them and you get stuck inside and blinded. Or the times vengeance buff not applying itself to the raid. Or any of the other various fucked portions of the fight. Instead, lets focus on something completely trivial and FORCE RNG upon the players when strategy and coordination should be happening instead. Because you know, fuck those raid breaking bugs.....we need people to play the game the way WE want them to play. Who gives a fuck if it's fun or not?

I just can't fathom how they are dedicating time and resources to fix something that isnt a problem, while ignoring the stuff that IS a problem. Their priorities are completely fucked up right now.
    I do, its a terrible and pointless change. Baby bumpers should of been all they added.

Well I took a little break from destiny due to the wow pre-expac patch, I got my Xbox one now even though I play on PS4 but I got the Xbone for Halo MCC! Picked up a used copy of Destiny for Xbox one and playing with some other friends I went from 1-20 in 2 days PvPing and man do people fucking suck at this game, I'm level 20 in some greens/blues and even at lower levels when I was in whites I destroyed people with a shitty AR or Scout and sniper. Fucking K/d is sitting at a 2.74 and 4300 Average score per game.

I like the game but man I really miss Halo 1/2/3 and I've been playing some Halo 3 on 360 lately to warm up and I'm so fucking ready for my week off for Halo MCC!

I went helmets on all 3. Helmets from any vendor cost 130 marks, whereas any other piece of armor is only 65. I think helmets actually dismantle for more materials though... not sure if the value is greater than say 2 gauntlets or BPs.
    Helmets do not dismantle for more. They are the same as any piece of armor. If you buy legendary gear just to dismantle, then get anything but the helmets. Buying helmets to dismantle is a huge waste of marks.

Back to the Atheon bit...

I feel like Bungie is changing the teleport mechanic simply because they are pissed off that people are beating the raid so easily and with PUGs. They have the mindset that only close knit groups that are really skilled and have extreme coordination should be beating the raid. That is a terrible mindset to have and a good way of driving away their player base faster than it takes Dinklebot to piss off some waves of enemies. So they are introducing RNG into the fight that is going to specifically screw over PUGs. Because heaven forbid people see and beat the content.

TL;DR:
    Bungie is pissed that people are clearing the raid easily and want to prevent people from doing so.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-10-18 at 04:57 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can get to 29 without raid armour actually, three regular legendaries and an exotic gets you up to 111 Light, 109 = level 29.

Not that it changes the fact that it's silly to ask for 29+ people for normal VoG. You don't even do more damage at level 29 than at 28 unless you do hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    You can get to 29 without raid armour actually, three regular legendaries and an exotic gets you up to 111 Light, 109 = level 29.

Not that it changes the fact that it's silly to ask for 29+ people for normal VoG. You don't even do more damage at level 29 than at 28 unless you do hard mode.
    That's the stupidity of elitists unfortunately. They are present in any game with multiplayer sadly. The thing those idiots can't seem to figure out in Destiny, however, is that a lvl 29 doesn't do any more damage than a lvl 26 in VoG normal mode. And yet they still demand lvl 29+ because "Moar higher numberz iz betterz!!!"