Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point it's hard not to be impressed with all the ways they've managed to screw even basic shit up, like Faction Rallies that they've been doing for years in Destiny 1. Like, it's not impressive in a good way, but it's impressive nonetheless.

I'm doing my best to try to root for Bungie and be optimistic, because I really do want to see them turn the game around and make it the incredible game it could be, but with every unforced error like this it's getting harder and harder to maintain that position and not delve into more mean-spirited shitposting : /
    What does it take to make you lose faith in a developer if this still doesn't do it?

Not even 1 week since their big 'we're totally not going to admit to mistakes and give you vague idea's going forward on a much to slow timescale' and they again manage to fuck up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

What a fucking shitshow. Hopefully this won't affect Strikes as well, but there goes the time I was planning to spend in the game beyond just clearing out weekly milestones for the first time in months.
    Serious question and not being a ass, Have you lost faith now? or still going thought the 5 stages ..

(Not being a ass just being funny)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46536

Players can no longer loot Lost Sector chests multiple times in quick succession for Faction Rally tokens (Updated 1/16/18: This applies to all Lost Sector chests)
    So they fucked up the patch notes last month, apparently.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Pos...?sort=0&page=0

UPDATE: Lost Sector Rewards
    We're aware of player reports about Lost Sectors not granting rewards. There was a throttle added to address an issue in the previous Faction Rallies where players were earning 500 Tokens per hour.
    The patchnote concerning this change has been updated to correctly state that all Lost Sector chests are subject to this throttle.
    Right now if a player opens more than 2 Chests in a 10 minute period they will not receive additional rewards from Lost Sector chests for 10 minutes. This does not prevent players from completing milestones related to Lost Sector chests.
    Update from today. Doesn't address issues folks are having with Public Event chests, but at least it properly explains why Lost Sectors are broken.

Makes me wonder - literally what's the point of playing in the open world, the sandbox, if we're being actively punished for doing so? I'm fine with reduced rewards for doing a lot of the fast/easily farmable stuff like Lost Sectors/Public Events (like 1 per chest instead of 3), but this kills any incentive to stick around and play the open world content for very long during Faction Rallies.

Ugh, Bungo, I'm THIS FUCKING CLOSE to being done with you.

Ugh, Bungo, I'm THIS FUCKING CLOSE to being done with you.
    That's stage 2 anger....

We will help you get thought all 5 stages of grief.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's stage 2 anger....

We will help you get thought all 5 stages of grief.
    Naw, I'm already largely resigned to being "done" with Bungo. It's impressive that they've managed to take what was huge hype/excitement at the game pre-launch and for the first month or so and turn it into a deep disappointment and complete lack of trust in barely 3 months.

I'm still holding out a shred of hope, but that continues to fade quickly with every additional mistake and stupid, easily avoidable terrible decision.

Despite all this I'll probably still get Destiny 3 when it comes out. I don't really care much about the "games as service" thing publishers keep trying to push but the game provided more than enough to make it worth the money.

Don't get me wrong, I had an immense list of issues with the campaign and found the setting intriguing but under-developed. Overall though the iffy bits did their job of providing a backdrop for the gameplay and the core gameplay was immense fun. Exploring the endgame did prolong the experience for a decent time even if it failed to hook me once the grind kicked in. Like D3 it's a game I keep installed in case I want to mindlessly murder a bunch of stuff and get a sense of vague progression on a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Despite all this I'll probably still get Destiny 3 when it comes out.
    I'm waiting at least a few months to see how it shakes out. I was happy to preorder Destiny 2 and buy the Season Pass early on, but Bungo burned all the trust/credibility they had with me in roughly 4 months. I just don't have any faith they won't make all the same mistakes again, and I don't wanna support that bullshit or deal with the frustration, once is enough.

For the base game I'm happy with the purchase for what I got out of it.

For the xpacs, curse of osiris was not worth spending money on, and will be the reason I won't buy xpacs ahead of time for this game anymore. They have a chance to make up for it with the next xpac since I have the season pass but I'm not holding my breath.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Jesus the hardcore fans on Reddit are impossible.

I've spent much of the day trying to explain to them that all I want to be able to do is run Lost Sectors on planets - not chain run the same one, but move from Lost Sector to Lost Sector, clearing out the planet of all the unique ones and then moving on - and make slow progress towards my Faction Rally rewards. I have no problems with the 10 minute cooldown on full token rewards from the chests, but at least let me get a single token per chest in between so that I can still make some progress. Because I don't care about maximizing my tokens per hour, like, at all, and I don't have any desire to follow routes designed by others to maximize tokens. I just want to play the game how I want to, now that I have an excuse to run Lost Sectors again, and make slow progress. I'm fine gaining far fewer tokens than those who follow other routes, and I have zero interest in any attempt to exploit or game the system.

Yet folks seem completely incapable of processing that, and seem certain that I'm trying to use old exploits to generate more tokens per hour than should be allowed.

Fucking hell this shit is frustrating.

Edit: Apparently there's only one Cayde stash on Mercury this week?...
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-01-17 at 01:38 AM.

I'm still holding out a shred of hope, but that continues to fade quickly with every additional mistake and stupid, easily avoidable terrible decision.
    I guess that can be considered stage 3

But ya I know how u feel I was there with Destiny 1 and I ignored my gut and gave them the benefit of the doubt with D2.

Patch notes was on the one who put it together. The community had known at the time from other chest discussions that they had a global shared cooldown.

Lets see if devs resolve the issue properly or just another shortcut that does not get resolved properly. Does not help that we are one event short due to Decembers being canceled due to DLC gate.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2018-01-17 at 02:56 AM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ublic/dssfvcp/

Well, the god news is that Public Events aren't supposed to be affected by the cooldown/throttling.

The downside is the QA team is still doing an awful job and Bungie doesn't know what fun bugs are making it live.

Seriously, why throttle this event at all? I know it's not up to you, and you're just a messenger, but if you could, deliver a message for me: stop breaking your own fucking game! Bungie is in no position to be removing what little fun there is to be had in this trainwreck.
    From the first reply to the Bungie dude. Couldn't say it any better, honestly. This event is such an awful way for them to kick off the year after an adequate, but not great, dev update.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ublic/dssfvcp/

Well, the god news is that Public Events aren't supposed to be affected by the cooldown/throttling.

The downside is the QA team is still doing an awful job and Bungie doesn't know what fun bugs are making it live.

From the first reply to the Bungie dude. Couldn't say it any better, honestly. This event is such an awful way for them to kick off the year after an adequate, but not great, dev update.
    God damn I love reddit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    God damn I love reddit lol.
    Reddits having a field day with this. Some hardcore defenders still around, but I think most of the community is kinda resigned to the fact that Bungo won't stop fucking up almost constantly so they're just having fun mocking the ineptitude with which they're handling the game.

It's depressing, but at least we're managing to find some humor in it : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Software will always have bugs. The important thing is how fast are they fixed and how the situation is handled (communication, compensation, explanations).

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Software will always have bugs. The important thing is how fast are they fixed and how the situation is handled (communication, compensation, explanations).
    The Lost Sector issue isn't a bug - it was a terrible fix according to Bungo.

The removed weapons aren't a bug - nobody knows why they're gone except that they may have been what were keeping non-CoO players from participating in the event...killing most of the motivation to actually participate in the event for many folks.

The Public Event issue is a bug, but they had additional time to test the Faction Rally given the month+ delay it received. And at this point, Bungie can't afford to have bugs like this crop up. They're already on their back foot with an angry community and need to knock everything out of the park if they want to have a chance to regain the communities trust while they work on getting the game back into a decent shape.

Yeah, literally what the fuck is the sandbox team doing.
    Developing sand apparently.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

At this point i don't think i can name a game released this gen at retail with worse QA. For a game with a full retail price, season pass AND real money cash shop the month to month constant fuckups either look like they lost staff and the replacements are in over their head or they think they can coast on eververse income.

I'm kind of thinking for former but thats a level of constant, low tier incompetence not seen in AAA much outside of Mass Effect Andromeda.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    At this point i don't think i can name a game released this gen at retail with worse QA. For a game with a full retail price, season pass AND real money cash shop the month to month constant fuckups either look like they lost staff and the replacements are in over their head or they think they can coast on eververse income.

I'm kind of thinking for former but thats a level of constant, low tier incompetence not seen in AAA much outside of Mass Effect Andromeda.
    It was so embarrassingly done that I cant look at any game under activision the same again.

They are on par with EA now for me in the never touching their games category.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Fallout 4 was janky as hell as per usual - but that's a "feature" for Bethesda. Division was an utter shitshow. ME:A easily matches Destiny 2. I mean, we've had quite a few lemons this gen. The reason this stands out is because while a lot of folks expected it from Division given it was a new franchise/very new type of game for the studio, ME:A had warning signs everywhere in the months leading up etc.

I don't think anyone expected this level of incompetence from Bungie, especially with how they turned around Destiny 1. Destiny was very much on an upward trajectory, with folks excited about how Bungie would put all the experiences and lessons they learned from Destiny 1 into action out of the gate with Destiny 2. And watching Bungo make many of the same mistakes while additionally screwing up over and over and over and over again is just being amplified by the disappointment of what "could have been" : /

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It was so embarrassingly done that I cant look at any game under activision the same again.

They are on par with EA now for me in the never touching their games category.
    This is a Bungie problem, not an Activision problem. There's basically zero evidence pointing towards Activision being the source of any of these issues, these are almost all internal decisions by Bungie.