Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Truth is each expansion has been worse then the last in some major way.

Cataclysm at least didnt have the stupid pandas in an asian cash grab; Wrath at least didn't have the cheap and lazy rehash raids and reused world and you know GOOD PVP Balance!; TBC at least had a proper raiding setup that kept out the scrubs and a proper arena setup that did likewise!; Vanilla at least had 40 man epicness and loot that was great in all parts of the game instead of being fractured into pvp or pve only!

Naxx says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    No, Cata sucked. The problem is, MoP isn't much better.
    i fixed that for you

but on topic, i dont have any rose tinted nostaligia glasses on, cata was shit. we all know it was shit and anyone really trying to convince us all it was great, is just trolling.

in fact, there was a "whats your least favourite expansion" thread yesterday with a vote, cata was way out in the lead on that, so although there are probably a few out there who really enjoyed cata (likely people who started end of wrath/throughout cata), there's still plenty more who realise just how bad it sucked.

MoP is a huge improvement - whilst dailies aren't everyones cup of tea, there is enough content to keep people occupied outside of dailies - not forgetting that MoP introduced challenge modes, scenarios, LFR for every raid and pet battles. it might be debateable as to which works for you, but thats still an ass-load more content than cata had.

edit - before anyone flames me for this, i ofc realise cata did the 1-60 content, which was huge in itself, but for anyone who started before mid-wotlk, thats a lot of content that doesn't really mean much to you, other than the ability to fly over azeroth to bore yourself to death with archaeology. when i heard cata would re-do 1-60, i kinda expected a 40/60 split in terms of workload, 60% of the blizz workforce working on new endgame content, 40% working on the 1-60 shizzle - whereas in reality it worked to be something like 85% rehash, 15% endgame. blizz underestimated the cost of revamping old azeroth and thats what made cata pretty shit. nothing can ever change that.

cata was also the expansion where i left (out of boredom) to try other games, skyrim, rift and 6 months playing swtor, it was also the expansion that pretty systematically broke my guild - it'd have to be a pretty solid nostaligia trip to make me forget about that.

edit 2: also, they cancelled the abyssal maw raid AND the well of eternity raid, then changed WoE into a 5 man, mucho dissapointo.
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-02-13 at 04:27 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Eh, I've always like Cataclysm. Come at me?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, Cataclysm was bad, is still bad, and always will be bad. MoP however is really good. So what now? I guess you cant shove me into your little theory can you?

Quote Originally Posted by anti-wow View Post
    Yep, it's called nostalgia.

I remember when Wotlk sucked ass.
    it's not nostalgia, it called " expac going bader and bader every times"

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Is nostalgia really popping up? Hadn't noticed.

I still hate the few months I played cataclysm and with my 10 day play-time haven't yet been enticed to purchase/try MoP for a month - yet. I still regard TBC / WotLK as my favourite periods in WoW.
    I never thought Cata was a bad expansion.

I just hated what happened to my guild(s) in it, and having to deal with the fallout.

10 months of a reused zone (even if it made sense story wise) in a raid with only 8 bosses didn't help either for my opinion of Cata in the end.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    it's not nostalgia, it called " expac going bader and bader every times"
    No, it's nostalgia.

I remember being on these forums midway through Cata and BC or Wrath were proclaimed the "Golden age of WoW".

But opinion is subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Never. Ever. Nope.

Ehm.... did you even see this thread?:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orst-Expansion

Cata is far from good, and is still considered the worst expansion by miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahaha, They're really just finding the stupidest of things to bitch and whine about, really.

Cataclysm was VERY good during the first patches, ever since 5.2 (H-rag was still good) the expansion was horrendously bad.

MoP is "decent", it's a pretty good expac, reminds me like a Mix of BC-WOTLK-Vanilla (dailies, reps, new area to explore, new class, new race, not hard but not easy) with Asian-Architecture..

It's just a bunch of people. Besides, the opinion of, at most. A couple hundred people doesn't really reach the opinion of millions nor will it ever over-shadow a full 9.6 million subscriber base (And people who have previously bought + people with opinions who use priv-servers.) ..I'm fairly sure Cata is still the worst expansion.

For me, atleast. It's

BC-->WotLK----->Vanilla--->MoP--->Cata.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Anyone else noticing the gradual nostalgia that's growing on these forums lately? I'm seeing a lot of "Pandaria is boring, at least Cata had XYZ" popping up, and if you look at their posts from last year near the end of Cata they were ripping it a new one in their comments.

I think we all knew this was going to happen, I just find it funny that it's happening so early this time around.
    It just got voted the worst expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Cata WAS only good to those who like getting everything for no effort. MoP sucks, to them, cuz they actually have to work for it.
    What? When I got my alts to 397 it felt good knowing that I had basically capped out normal mode through steady progress week after week. It was a sense of achievement.

When you get an alt to 490 it's a badge that says "I successfully sat through 100 hours of busywork".

10+ Year Old Account
    We just had a poll that showed that Cataclysm is still reviled by a pretty good margin. I personally don't think Cataclysm was terrible, but it was certainly my least favorite xpac thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieMagpie View Post

BC-->WotLK----->Vanilla--->MoP--->Cata.

Eh. I refuse to pass full judgment on Mists until the next expansion is a week away.

With the amount of changes and how much content is brimming in 5.2, it could be a game changer for a lot of people with their view on Mists good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I still think Cata was bad, personally. MoP has kinda been so-so, but still better than Cata. No nostalgia is going to make Cata any less of an F-up than it was, IMO.

No - don't really know such people that think cata wasn't anything but shit.

Whoever liked cataclysm must have had a lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Cata WAS only good to those who like getting everything for no effort. MoP sucks, to them, cuz they actually have to work for it.
    Yeah, Sinestra and heroic Rag practically just fell over... Though I doubt you know anything about that, otherwise that would be in your memories, not the "free epics".

Funnily enough, the huge nerfs and free gear happened because people didn't like having to raid to progress their gear, nor excessively difficult bosses. Then MoP comes around and Blizzard show they've learned nothing from the previous expansion, and try to tell everyone how they should want to play again. Of course people will be upset already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I just hated what happened to my guild(s) in it, and having to deal with the fallout.
    yeah - that happened to us too - no-one I know from TBC or WotLK plays any more. To be fair - most actually started leaving late in WotLK when we had a complete lack of content for about a year I think? Cataclysm was just the final blow - I transferred my characters all over different realms to find old buddies to play with and they eventually just quit too. Did it about three times. New guilds I joined folded quickly too. It was a sucky period.

Eh, I think MoP is absolute garbage. Imagine that - different folks feel differently.

If you paint with a broad enough brush, and you've no clue how to properly make inferences from data, you can justify OPs like this. You can say "Oh, everybody used to think cata was crap, because I never saw anybody stand up for it when we were bashing on it 8 months ago, but now some of those guys are saying they liked it."

But, in reality, it's not the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Whoever liked cataclysm must have had a lobotomy.
    Did not have a lobotomy. Is there a reason you attack people who have different preferences for entertainment?