Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    "Personal preference" is just a nice way of saying "No one has a clue how to prove the other guy is wrong".

In the thread you linked are several suggestions for low haste builds with Ascension, but also for high haste builds with Chi Brew. I'm inclined to agree with Eznor: We still don't have a definite answer to what is 'best' sofar. Simcraft is completely useless for SoO imo, as there is barely a boss in there that relies mostly singletarget dps and the non-patchwork modes are murky at best.
    Then you might as well disregard SimC completely since all specs fall into that problem. SimC is good for figuring out rotation and general stat weights. But it needs tuning right now. And that is what is happening right now. People are combing through the code to find issues with it.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-09-08 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Then you might as well disregard SimC completely since all specs fall into that problem. SimC is good for figuring out rotation and general stat weights. But it needs tuning right now.
    Or any spreadsheet for that matter...

"Personal preference" is just a nice way of saying "No one has a clue how to prove the other guy is wrong".

In the thread you linked are several suggestions for low haste builds with Ascension, but also for high haste builds with Chi Brew. I'm inclined to agree with Eznor: We still don't have a definite answer to what is 'best' sofar. Simcraft is completely useless for SoO imo, as there is barely a boss in there that relies mostly singletarget dps and the non-patchwork modes are murky at best.

Personally i'm going to take the following approach, in this order:

1. Chi Brew over Ascension. (Chi Brew gave me a lot better results than Ascension in all my tests)
    2. Stack haste until a level that feels 'comfortable' on energy on most fights, both cleave and singletarget. Probably around 8-10k.
    3. Stack mastery until TEB generation feels solid enough (might be very fast judging from testing sofar)
    4. Get more crit.
    that s what i mean there i s a lot of "do it the way u feel" without solid solution.

3. Stack mastery until TEB generation feels solid enough (might be very fast judging from testing sofar)
    Don't really think there is such a thing. What you really need is to have enough TEB to be able to use it for trinketproccs and when the encounter needs it.
    But I assume base TEB generation + base mastery + mastery buff + unreforgeable mastery will be more than enough, so I think you can safely just value crit > mastery

have people ever tried going for a "no-haste" build with CBrew? i.e. valueing agi > crit > mas > haste ? It leaves you with downtimes due to energy-starvation, but if you use CBrew/EB/FoF wisely next to Energy/Chi-pooling before TEB activation (and currently t15 2p energy-orb accumulation) you get through TEBs without starvation, and ergo have more and higher dmg TEBs. (but lower dmg in between)
    The AoC trinket on top of this helps a lot! (rotation the "normal" RSK>CW>FoF>BoK)

on ptr i was like agi > crit > mastery > haste

seemed to work fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately you can thank Blizzard for WW being where they are right now, The imaginary DPS that they found that they don't share and we can't find has had us scrambling like mad to figure it out and still no one has found it. Apparently we just aren't as good at playing WW as Blizzard is.

Things to note that you can follow.

1. You can regem all Red sockets to pure Agility.
    2. Blue sockets to Hit/Agility.
    3. Yellow sockets should be fine for Crit, no amount of testing has proven Haste or Mastery provides overall better DPS in our T15 gear.

You shouldn't worry much about T16 gear unless you know you are going to get it all early. What I highly suggest is re-gemming and reforging all gear. Then ditch RoR and use 2 other trinkets and run some LFR find what level of haste you feel good with. No one can tell you what feels good too many factors will decide that issue as well.

Personal opinion on the matter and all the testing I have done is 4-6k haste I'm going with 4200 personally, I feel very conformable using FoF so I can dip haste lower.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-09-09 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    at least at the start I'm going to go with the tried and true 6776 Haste soft cap but I may drop some once I feel confortable with SoO.

noticing something strange in PTR at this very moment. I'm smacking a Raider's Dummy in a very high haste build right now (1.5K higher than my current live realm rating) and I feel energy starved. Is anyone experiencing this? I'm wondering if its a latency issue or some kind of glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Braithe View Post
    noticing something strange in PTR at this very moment. I'm smacking a Raider's Dummy in a very high haste build right now (1.5K higher than my current live realm rating) and I feel energy starved. Is anyone experiencing this? I'm wondering if its a latency issue or some kind of glitch.
    Are you specced into Chi Brew instead of Ascension?

I've tried in both specs. It's very strange.
    If no one else is seeing this- then I'm not concerned. Could be any number of strange computer/ Server / PTR Client installation issues. Not for nothing my Frame Rate and Ping are noticeably higher on PTR- so maybe that's part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braithe View Post
    I've tried in both specs. It's very strange.
    If no one else is seeing this- then I'm not concerned. Could be any number of strange computer/ Server / PTR Client installation issues. Not for nothing my Frame Rate and Ping are noticeably higher on PTR- so maybe that's part of it.
    There will be an adjustment period. I'm probably going to head into patch with around 7K haste, and then lower it over time. I think I could get by on 6k, but more never hurt. It'll be how you use EB/FoF/Chi Brew as far as how your energy feels.

So our guild has had the worst luck when it comes to juju's so, Heroic Talisman vs Shado Pan valor trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    So our guild has had the worst luck when it comes to juju's so, Heroic Talisman vs Shado Pan valor trinket?
    I'd say Shado Pan (8/8 upgraded I assume) as the Heroic Talisman is horrid, even heroic or heroic TFed.

I'm still very shaky on the rest of the stats for 5.4 :\ Going with hit cap > exp cap > agi > haste to soft cap > crit > mastery.
    I can't drop more haste due to gear (stuck around 7.1k) so I reforged some into crit/mastery.

My current stats are 24791agi, 7171 haste, 11170crit, 6834 mastery(Could toss more into crit here but I opted to forge a piece here and there to mastery).

I thought I would share this with you guys. I have had a hard time deciding what trinket and stat priority to use once the patch goes live. If you guys see anything weird please let me know.

I purchased the Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and tested it against Rune or Re-Origination on a test dummy with different stat weights and talents.

I templated my character and just changed gems around going for agility in red, agility and haste/crit in yellow, and agility and hit in blue. Prismatic gets agility also.

I can't post links, my toon is Thirtyseven on US-Nagrand.

30seven DPS Tests 5.4

High HASTE builds
    Hit/Exp > Agility > Haste > Crit > Mastery

RoRO
    6mins:
    DD: 56.18 mil
    DPS: 161.5k
    Acension, Chi Wave, Xuen

6mins:
    DD: 53.91 mil
    DPS: 151.8k
    Chi Brew, Chi Wave, Xuen

VTotSPA
    6mins:
    DD: 65.81 mil
    DPS: 189.0k
    Acension, Chi Wave, Xuen

6mins:
    DD: 59.02 mil
    DPS: 174.6k
    Chi Brew, Chi Wave, Xuen

High CRIT builds
    Hit/Exp > Agility > Crit > Haste > Mastery

RoRO
    6mins:
    DD: 58.05 mil
    DPS: 167.9k
    Acension, Chi Wave, Xuen

6mins:
    DD: 65.92 mil
    DPS: 189.7k
    Chi Brew, Chi Wave, Xuen

VTotSPA
    6mins:
    DD: 61.04
    DPS: 176.7k
    Acension, Chi Wave, Xuen

6mins:
    DD: 60.05 mil
    DPS: 167.1k
    Chi Brew, Chi Wave, Xuen

Top 2 with Hit/Exp > Agility > Crit/Haste > Mastery > Crit/Haste
    Crit > Mastery > Haste with RoRO and Chi Brew
    6mins:
    DD: 53.49 mil
    DPS: 151.4k

Haste > Mastery > Crit with VTotSPA and Acension
    6mins
    DD: 57.93 mil
    DPS: 168.4k

Quote Originally Posted by Vannox View Post
    RoRO
    6mins:
    DD: 58.05 mil
    DPS: 167.9k
    Acension, Chi Wave, Xuen

6mins:
    DD: 65.92 mil
    DPS: 189.7k
    Chi Brew, Chi Wave, Xuen
    This in particular seems very random to me. I do not understand why Chi Brew with RoRo and high crit would suddenly give a lot more DPS over Ascension. I think the tests are a bit too short to give accurate results.

Testing high haste/crit builds with Rune goes against the whole idea of the trinket. What you should have tested is a balanced stat setup with Rune against high haste/crit with Talisman.

Deleted
    assurance of consequence vs ebon detonator, why is AoC better? the skills with cd reduced arent that great at all(only brews could do the trick)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    assurance of consequence vs ebon detonator, why is AoC better? the skills with cd reduced arent that great at all(only brews could do the trick)
    Allows you to lower your haste by a bit, but Ebon Detonator is just a better trinket straight up. Considering you barely use FoF off CD at the best of times. The only interesting part of the trinket for me is the fact that you get some really nice defensive's reduced.

The more i think about AoC and TED the more I like TED. There's only a couple fights in siege where you will be able to maximize FoF at all. And i'd rather gain a bunch of mastery than be able to drop a little haste. What did they figure it was worth in the end, like .4 energy/s? Which adds up to a massive ~1500ish haste rating. And since there's 1953 mastery on the normal TED that would mean your increased FoF usage would have to make up for roughly 400 secondaries? When in the best case scenario using it on CD is only like a 3% dps gain anyway.

That and i mean, just look at how great it is for literally every other dps. How in my right mind could i take one over a rogue or shaman or druid or hunter knowing that it's way better for them. I mean, I guess if you coined it.

Wasn't there a 5th trinket on the ptr that had a mastery proc? Or did that not make live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    The more i think about AoC and TED the more I like TED. There's only a couple fights in siege where you will be able to maximize FoF at all. And i'd rather gain a bunch of mastery than be able to drop a little haste. What did they figure it was worth in the end, like .4 energy/s? Which adds up to a massive ~1500ish haste rating. And since there's 1953 mastery on the normal TED that would mean your increased FoF usage would have to make up for roughly 400 secondaries? When in the best case scenario using it on CD is only like a 3% dps gain anyway.

That and i mean, just look at how great it is for literally every other dps. How in my right mind could i take one over a rogue or shaman or druid or hunter knowing that it's way better for them. I mean, I guess if you coined it.

Wasn't there a 5th trinket on the ptr that had a mastery proc? Or did that not make live?
    The 5th trinket is the timeless one, it is Agility with a Mastery proc I believe. AoC is worth even less considering that the Haste rating worth of energy is just that energy. Not even taking into account the fact that Haste also gives you more AA damage, so its even less Haste. FoF is just an awful ability for progress, your never going to be able to maximise it fully on every fight.