Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Other] What fictional games/sports would you like to see in real life?

OK Mods since these are all from books or movies I figured this section but feel free to move this to the general offtopic or game section if it fits better there. So watching Tron Legacy on TV now made me think. What games/sports have you seen in movies or maybe a TV series or even a book that you would go watch in real life or maybe even participate in?

Ones I can think of off the top of my head:
    Those terrible rollerderby movies
    Tron
    Running Man
    Gladiator
    Surviving the Game
    Harry Potter: Quidditch or TriWizard Tournament
    Saw series games
    Sar Wars: Podracing

Im sure theres a lot others I just have brain farts when trying to think stuff like this up. If you can think of a badass game or sporting event in a movie, no matter how off the wall or twisted it may be, that you think would be cool to play or go watch in real life lets hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quidditch. Hands down.
    Putin khuliyo

To play: Quidditch and maybe Podracing as long as it wasnt corrupt with people fucking with your speeders before races.

To Watch: Tron, Running Man, Gladiator

To Bet on: Surviving the Game and Running Man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitzball, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Blitzball, no contest.
    Damn cant believe I forgot about that. I always wondered though. How did they breathe under water?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my university has a Quidditch team (minus flying ofc).

The space battles from the book Ender's Game, with the flash guns, null gravity, and the suits that freeze you when you are hit.

Deleted
    Pokemon! ..10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Velorian View Post
    Huttball
    Probably the best BG ever in a MMO. Even in matches that took the whole time and ended in like a 1-0 score were fun to play. Are we playing with Acid pit and Fire traps?
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-02-13 at 01:36 AM.

Quidditch, can't think of a better fictional game. Maybe iRL Hunger Games would be fun but a lot of people would be against it so...

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Damn cant believe I forgot about that. I always wondered though. How did they breathe under water?
    I don't think Blitzball would be too great, considering people can't really do the things they do in that game. I mean, if we had flying brooms (which I'm sure technology will invent some day) I don't think Quidditch would be too implausible. But Blitzball would require heavy bioimplants.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-02-13 at 04:36 AM.

Surprised nobody has said the Battle School game from Ender's Game. That would be really fun, and I think actually feasible in the future with suits that freeze up when you get hit. http://ansible.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_School
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Blernsball from Futurama

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of several of the ones already mentioned(Quidditch and Blitzball among my top) The competition to choose the new god from Law of Ueki. Oh and The Gundam Fight from G Gundam.

If we were to have the technology / capability of doing them as in the movies etc.. then Blitzball would be cool to watch, yeah!

Hyperblade. It's the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    when you pick Running Man you get to see Jim Brown and Jessie Ventura killing people with flamethrowers and spikes, which sounds like a pretty good deal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Surprised nobody has said the Battle School game from Ender's Game. That would be really fun, and I think actually feasible in the future with suits that freeze up when you get hit. http://ansible.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_School
    except someone did mention it. they beat you to it by about 5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitzball!!!! Yeaaaah!!!
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Aoek1 View Post
    The space battles from the book Ender's Game, with the flash guns, null gravity, and the suits that freeze you when you are hit.
    This was my first thought when I saw the title.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.