Poll: Which Installment of WoW Provided the Best Story?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WotLK, even though arthas was to much of a james bond villain.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Well we have yet to see what happens with Mists.

Garrosh might actually end up surviving and becoming a huge villain next expansion.

There's also still Zul and King Rastakhen, too.
    King Rasta is most likely dead though, granted we don't know yet, but since he stayed behind when the Cataclysm utterly destroyed the island, I kinda think he's a gonner, sadly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    KJ, for intents and purposes, CAN be labeled as a demon. He is part of, and acting leader of, the BL. Gul'dan was lured into believing that KJ would give him god-like powers for helping the legion. As of WC2 there wasn't much said of the back story concerning the Orcs on Draenor. Just that they were shamans, not warlocks.
    The WC2 manual describes warlocks and shamans before any introduction to the legion.

"My apprenticeship under Kil’jaeden had allowed me to become the most powerful Warlock the clans had seen in many generations." - Guldan

The only thing it states about Draenor is that it was the planet of the Draenei and that they had been defeated by the orcs who now had no one else to go conquer.

^This^

Killidan unfortunately your nostalgia for BC and hate for Mists is what clouds your judgment when it comes to anything present with WoW. It's become very apparent at this point.

Venziir is right, whether you like the Pandaren or don't. We could debate it all day long, but the outcome would still be the same.
    Destil,

Why do you stalk me and post personal attacks and constantly question my credibility?

How about you stick to your opinions about the game and discuss those, instead of your vendetta against me?

My judgement is clear and as subjective/objective as yours, how about we agree to disagree in a civil manner and you stop the stalking?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The WC2 manual describes warlocks and shamans before any introduction to the legion.

"My apprenticeship under Kil’jaeden had allowed me to become the most powerful Warlock the clans had seen in many generations." - Guldan

The only thing it states about Draenor is that it was the planet of the Draenei and that they had been defeated by the orcs who now had no one else to go conquer.
    As does the Warcraft 1 intro. Something about the "Dark shaman of the Orcs sacrificing humans to their dark and hellish gods of the underworld".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    TBC story was amazing and I also feel like Blizzard put their all into the game, but it had the downside that they used up lot of lore and did not generate novel lore for future use. They started to run dry after Arthas in terms of creativity and Cata/MOP seem like a dryspell. Thye eventuall broke off with the wracraft lore completely and started pursuing pandas, rabbits, farmville and Chinese Sha.

TBC's success was based on tying lot of lore to an end, killing main villains and depleting future story potential.

I wish WoW team continuously introduced new stories and expanded the WARCRAFT lore (not pandas and shit). I wish they introduced new villains not to be killed this expansion or the next, but to be kept alive in reserve for a future expansion. I wish they weaved storylines into the current expansion now, but to be concluded in the future. It's like they could generate new "celebrities" in the current expansion that could be used in the future.
    So you want them to progress the story, but are mad that they did....

I hate it when people can't pleased.

This and sunwalkers are the two most controversial points for progressing the story line. Why do people get mad that Blizzard continues their story unless it is the way that they want it done? It is Blizzard's story, not yours.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Im thinking Wrath or TBC, but i think Wotlk was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    King Rasta is most likely dead though, granted we don't know yet, but since he stayed behind when the Cataclysm utterly destroyed the island, I kinda think he's a gonner, sadly.
    I'm hoping he's in allegiance with Azshara if he fell to the depths along with Zandalar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    So you want them to progress the story, but are mad that they did....

I hate it when people can't pleased.

This and sunwalkers are the two most controversial points for progressing the story line. Why do people get mad that Blizzard continues their story unless it is the way that they want it done? It is Blizzard's story, not yours.
    Yup, and both makes perfect sense, yet people throw tantrums like baboons throw feces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best story: TBC
    Best storytelling: MoP

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping he's in allegiance with Azshara if he fell to the depths along with Zandalar.
    A Naga-Troll High King hybrid? Ooh, perhaps even the King of the underwater empire? Dum duum duuum!!!! Silly I know :P

Destil,

Why do you stalk me and post personal attacks and constantly question my credibility?

How about you stick to your opinions about the game and discuss those, instead of your vendetta against me?

My judgement is clear and as subjective/objective as yours, how about we agree to disagree in a civil manner and you stop the stalking?
    I've been been active on the forums for the last week because I've been busy. I don't even remember most of the posts I make.

I've personally attacked you and stalked you?

If you have such a problem with me arguing your own opinion with you, then put me on ignore. I don't have any issue with you so I haven't resorted to that yet.

You're acting a bit paranoid, man.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best story wotlk frozen north, titans, old gods, Lich king nuff said.

A Naga-Troll High King hybrid? Ooh, perhaps even the King of the underwater empire? Dum duum duuum!!!! Silly I know :P
    Yeah, a bit! But it'd make sense.

Zandalar fell like Azshara's kingdom did when the Sundering occurred. It'd make sense for Azshara or N'zoth to aid them if they joined them.

Having the Zandalari would be a very big ally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, and both makes perfect sense, yet people throw tantrums like baboons throw feces.
    They actually do, though! I feel that we are finally getting to new and exciting lore and cannot wait for more.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I've been been active on the forums for the last week because I've been busy. I don't even remember most of the posts I make.

I've personally attacked you and stalked you?

If you have such a problem with me arguing your own opinion with you, then put me on ignore. I don't have any issue with you so I haven't resorted to that yet.

You're acting a bit paranoid, man.
    This is the third time I am calling you out on this. Should not come as a surprise, yet you still keep attacking.

This is the third time I am calling you out on this. Should not come as a surprise, yet you still keep attacking.
    I don't remember any other time you've called me out on this. You're taking me disagreeing with what you say way too personally.

Let's stay on topic. If you want to discuss this with me, send me a Private Message.

Deleted
    Pandaren IS Warcraft lore. They are just as old as any of your "beloved" TBC "celebrities".... Sigh. And you wish that they weaved storylines into the current expansion? Hmmm kinda like they weaved the original warcraft story, being the Horde vs Alliance, into MoP?
    um, no they were a joke, thats all they were. This crap about them being lore is wrong, you may aswell say tauren in starcraft marine armor are in WC lore, they are in as easter eggs as well.
    Pandaren were a joke, bliz themselves said they were never meant to be serious and woudl not be in wow....then changed that later to claiming they always intended them to be in, which was totally contrary to previous statements.

dont get me wrong, I think the pandas are about the only thing Bliz got right in MoP. But dont keep spinning the bs about them not being a joke, its totally false, they were originally a joke, no matter what you or Bliz claim now, thats what they were.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    um, no they were a joke, thats all they were. This crap about them being lore is wrong, you may aswell say tauren in starcraft marine armor are in WC lore, they are in as easter eggs as well.
    Pandaren were a joke, bliz themselves said they were never meant to be serious and woudl not be in wow....then changed that later to claiming they always intended them to be in, which was totally contrary to previous statements.

dont get me wrong, I think the pandas are about the only thing Bliz got right in MoP. But dont keep spinning the bs about them not being a joke, its totally false, they were originally a joke, no matter what you or Bliz claim now, thats what they were.
    So Chen was a joke? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Jesus Christ grow up. Chen was never a joke, his travels with Rexxar have always been cannon, why do you think they even referenced him in vanilla? Even the now non-cannon rpg books had pandaren and a lot of pandaren lore, meaning that even then they were serious.

Oh and easter egg doesn't equal a joke.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-02-17 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Wrath - BC - MoP - Vanilla - Cata for me, don't think i'll ever experience the feeling of epicness in any game ever again as i got in wrath, gets chills every time i step into Northrend, not to mention the cinematic ! The story of Arthas and the Story of Illidan and the blood elves in bc was so great