Deleted

Returning Rogue - Update me on everything!

Hello everyone.

I want to play wow again and i have a lot of characters to choose from
    I'm thinking about playing my level 77 Rogue again. I only played seriously on the Rogue in vanilla.

after vanilla i just played occasionally without reading any things about rogues, thus not learning much about the state of the class at the time.

I stopped playing in WOTLK but now i'm back and want to play on my Rogue - Name: Blacklist. Realm: The Maelstrom (I'm sorry i can't post any links mmo-champion won't allow me to, maybe someone could post my armory link in a reply so others can see)

Can you give me some advice on the class in terms of leveling specs and how i can survive in WOTLK against mobs when i'm only in level 70 gear (i don't know why i haven't changed gear maybe i didn't want to throw away my TBC gear.. who knows.)

I find it hard to quest for new gear because it takes forever to kill mobs in my gear.

oh and how are Rogues in general right now?
    any help is appreciated.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Blacklist/advanced
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-02-16 at 02:19 AM.

A link for a PvE guide is in my sig.

Apart from that, you can level with any spec, it all depends on your favorite playstyle.

Just to be short, rogues are not in a bad shape but other classes are just more effective, especially in leveling. As for numbers, we're fine (even if a good rework of the class is needed because the core mechanics are the same as 8 years ago basically - my personal opinion, you'll find rogues who like the class because of this too).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    even if a good rework of the class is needed because the core mechanics are the same as 8 years ago basically - my personal opinion, you'll find rogues who like the class because of this too
    As much as I like a class to be consistent, I agree with this.

And it's not just that, lots of Rogue core mechanics feel even older, almost like Rogue game play was one of the earliest designed. It's so basic, the mechanics are hardly more complex than they were 8 years ago, while many others became much more complex.

My biggest issue driving me out of wanting to play my Rogue is how similar all the specs feel. This same reasoning was touted many times behind the Warlock redesign, I wonder if Rogues are next.

I enjoy playing a rogue because it's nice to not have to smash keybinds every GCD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    As much as I like a class to be consistent, I agree with this.

And it's not just that, lots of Rogue core mechanics feel even older, almost like Rogue game play was one of the earliest designed. It's so basic, the mechanics are hardly more complex than they were 8 years ago, while many others became much more complex.

My biggest issue driving me out of wanting to play my Rogue is how similar all the specs feel. This same reasoning was touted many times behind the Warlock redesign, I wonder if Rogues are next.
    If we ever get a redesign to the extent of warlocks, I don't think I'd play anything other than a rogue ever again. My main shifted to a lock after MoP hit just because it feels MUCH more like a warlock. Wish we could have something that made me feel like a rogue.