Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Like all stories like this there is more going on then what the OP as said. You don't get banned 4 times just for mailing gold.
    I was banned multiple times (and I was always dead broke) just for logging in from China.

Ya they can and will ban you for anything. Says so in the ToS. No biggie. Sucks I was main tank for our nerd 10 this weekend for H Prot Progression.

Like all stories like this there is more going on then what the OP as said. You don't get banned 4 times just for mailing gold.
    I like how people just assume. I've had a ban because of something similar and it got fixed right up when I gave them a call. There's not just 1 person looking at account activity like this. No to mention for all the guidelines there probably are, there's still times when discretion by the reviewer is needed. Some are more ban happy than others. I haven't had it happen since, but it does happen. I had no problem with it because Blizz was being cautious and my account was unbanned pretty much right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    Ya they can and will ban you for anything. Says so in the ToS. No biggie. Sucks I was main tank for our nerd 10 this weekend for H Prot Progression.
    Kinda sucks, money isn't what I was pissed about it was the time spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^

Wish one of these days, a person being banned would also elaborate as to why their creating threads like these.., if it's sympathy, there's none to be had, if it's validation as to their story being as pure as new fallen snow, lol rly!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    ^

Wish one of these days, a person being banned would also elaborate as to why their creating threads like these.., if it's sympathy, there's none to be had, if it's validation as to their story being as pure as new fallen snow, lol rly!
    Maybe it's just to put out the information, that blizzard is capable of making mistakes (and they often do) - and that people get banned all the time for no good reason.

Of course, these threads are also always full of the white knights, "Blizzard couldn't POSSIBLY have banned you unless you were cheating!"

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    any reason that is a violation. to be exact. the TOS is a kind of contract and tho it is a long shot you can sue for them breaching that contract as you broke no rule. agian it would be a long shot because the TOS is a lil loose and open for interpretation[COLOR="red"]

agian this would be a long shot and not at all worth the time.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2013-02-18 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    OP i got banned for playing Diablo 3 with WoW up for some strange reason and people told me i was lying. Then i called Blizzard and they got many of the same reports and looking for a fix. Its strange that you get banned so many times but yeah try calling Blizzard and yell at them.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    any reason that is a violation. to be exact. the TOS is a kind of contract and tho it is a long shot you can sue for them breaching that contract as you broke no rule. agian it would be a long shot because the TOS is a lil loose and open for interpretation[COLOR="red"]

agian this would be a long shot and not at all worth the time.
    Isn't it written in the ToS that your account is not your account, but actually their property? Or did they change that. I remember it being they can ban you for any reason because it's not actually your property. Not to mention they left if vague what violations are and could, if they wanted to, tailor one for you or choose a broad violation.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Isn't it written in the ToS that your account is not your account, but actually their property? Or did they change that. I remember it being they can ban you for any reason because it's not actually your property. Not to mention they left if vague what violations are and could, if they wanted to, tailor one for you or choose a broad violation.
    There are lawyers that deal with WoW and D3 account bans. I believe you're right that it's written in the ToS that they own it, but one of the arguments I believe have been made, is that you cannot read what the ToS are before you open the PC box (purchase the game) and it cannot be returned after that point. Therefore, you have no choice but to agree to their ToS, which makes them meaningless - you cannot get a refund if you refuse the ToS.

Like I said though, I've read that there are lawyers out there who successfully 'negotiate' with Blizzard in regards to WoW and D3 bans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I was banned multiple times (and I was always dead broke) just for logging in from China.
    Which is something that is supposed to happen, since you're not supposed to play on the European or American servers from China.

If you are using a proxy tunnel service, buying/selling on the AH will almost always get you banned sooner or later. While they usually turn these around within a day or so, it is utterly moronic permanent bans are handed out by a machine on a daily basis and you won't even get so much as an apology from Blizzard for it.

It isn't even as if the script they use for these auto-bans is remotely intelligent. I was once banned for the apparently heinous crime of selling 400 gold worth of trade goods for instance.

Ya, I've had guilds banned for trading hundreds of thousands of gold between accounts. These days, gold is so easy to come by that that having a million gold is not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    ^

I used to think stories like the Op's were bogus until it happened to me.

The frustrating part is that Blizz wouldn't admit it was an error, wouldn't give me details about what I actually did to trigger the ban, but they removed the ban immediately once I appealed it.

I'd also like to point out that the OP does not minimize some action he took that is clearly against the rules. Let's encourage the OP instead of being cold and sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Same, They don't care anymore man. What's sad is if you read their Terms, they can ban you for no reason at all if they want. Talk about A-holes.
    this doesn't mean that they can do it. because a law is above any tos you sign. in alot of counterys they can only ban you at the end of the paymend you done.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    true that it is not your property you still payed legaly for acces to it. you even payed to make that account. so in europe it mean that they can't just ban you and that they need to bring the evidence to court. but if the op tell the truth tey don't have it. there by they are forced to either give him back the money he spend on it.(or what it is atleast worth it now) or unban him. remember that tos is lower then any law.

if some1 signed my tos and it state that i could take 100k euro/dollars from there bank account does that mean i legaly can? atleast in europe you can't.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    There are lawyers that deal with WoW and D3 account bans. I believe you're right that it's written in the ToS that they own it, but one of the arguments I believe have been made, is that you cannot read what the ToS are before you open the PC box (purchase the game) and it cannot be returned after that point. Therefore, you have no choice but to agree to their ToS, which makes them meaningless - you cannot get a refund if you refuse the ToS.

Like I said though, I've read that there are lawyers out there who successfully 'negotiate' with Blizzard in regards to WoW and D3 bans.
    you can get a refund from blizzard if you don't agree to there tos. atleast in eurpe you can. you should even get it from the store you bought it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which is something that is supposed to happen, since you're not supposed to play on the European or American servers from China.
    what year do you live in? traveling across the world is easy and pretty cheap. so alot of people will play temperaly on a diffrent ip. it just good to tell blizzard your going to be playing from a chineees ip for a while

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    you can get a refund from blizzard if you don't agree to there tos. atleast in eurpe you can. you should even get it from the store you bought it.
    Maybe it works differently in Europe, but in the US, you cannot get a refund for any PC software once it's been opened.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mailed hundreds of thousands of gold between my accounts, never got any ban - perhaps OP aren't telling us the whole story ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Call em up, and make sure to ask for a joke, Blizzard staff always comes up with good ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    I transfer 10-20k daily between accounts of mine and my friend who also grabs resources for me and I have never gotten banned. Something seems odd that you're not telling us as the same IP should be registering and shouldn't pop up for them to be suspicious.
    I've had this happen to me as well. About 2 years ago when playing on US servers, this used to happen quite often. This was during the GKP peak in Wrath and I was transferring up to 100k between my characters (same account though). My account got flagged due to suspicious behavior and I had to call Blizz, after I got banned.

So unless the OP aren't telling the whole truth, it shouldn't be an issue to get unbanned.

@ Xizz: I've never heard about this before. It sounds rather extreme to get banned for talking about gold selling. I know we've talked about bots and gold selling in my own guild several times before. Just a week ago, we were talking about duped mounts and how it's affecting the economy. People were explaining how it works etc. and nobody got banned. Maybe you're just unlucky or maybe your account was already flagged for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by besthijacker View Post
    I was banned twice in past 2 months for exploiting economy currency. But that was running with my VPN service which uses shared-IP.
    Few days later, I upgraded my account with my VPN provider to give me dedicated-ip and problem solved.
    I always wonder what legitimate thing griggers these exploitation warnings.