Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    it should be nr 1

Deleted
    lol at this list. ocarina of time should surely be in the top 10?

this list looks like it's been written by a teenager judging by all the crappy new games in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't put portal on #1 myself, but it's a damn good franchise for sure.
    This would be my top 10.

1.Lufia 2: Rise of the sinistrals
    2.LoZ: Majora's mask
    3.HoMM 3
    4.Super Mario Bros. 3
    5.LoZ: Link to the past
    6.Dune 2
    7.Starfox 64 (Lylat wars in Europe)
    8.Chrono Trigger
    9.Pokémon 2nd gen
    10.Link's awakening

Although I've got about 20 more games I would like to put in like Secret of evermore, Shadow of the colossus, Illusion of Gaia, LoZ: OoT
    Donkey kong country and super metroid should be up there as well. So should dungeon keeper. Oh, and legend of Grimrock.

Making top 10 lists is hard
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Like most of the people have said, Portal being #1 makes the list pretty legit.
    Hi

Just gonna put this out there, never been a huge fan of Zelda, only one I would put on any list would be Link to the Past. Not putting them down just never got into them.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    WOW should be the worst game ever!!!!!!!

10. WOW ---> bullshit ..should be worst game ever
    9. Zelda ... cant believe such a crappy game
    8. uncharted 2 .. place 8 for this shit??? holy shit
    7. super mario bros 3 ???? wooooooooot...
    6. bioshock ... lol .. who the hell made this list ... absolutly insane
    5. legend of zelda?? more zelda shit?
    4. shadow of colossus ... *head shaking*
    3. super metroid ...rofl rofl lol
    2. chrono trigger ..what the fuck i dont even know this shit
    1. Portal???? lol this is the second worst game ever .. far behind the number 1 worst game ever called WOW

1. World of Warcraft
    2. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    4. Zelda Ocarine of Time
    5. Warcraft III
    6. Final Fantasy VIII
    7. Zelda A Link to the Past
    8. Skyrim
    9. Worms
    10. Ultima 7 + expansions
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-02-19 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    1. World of Warcraft
    2. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    4. Zelda Ocarine of Time
    5. Warcraft III
    6. Final Fantasy VIII
    7. Zelda A Link to the Past
    8. Skyrim
    9. Worms
    10. Ultima 7 + expansions
    bullshit ...Final fantasy X is better than our 10 games combined

Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    I've played FFX and for me it didn't even come close to FF7 or 9 or 8. I don't fall for pretty graphics must be cause I am an old fuck.

anyway:
    I've written down my order in which I was most obsessed with the game. My game obsession to me is how well I enjoyed the game. The first 5 lie pretty close (with small margings) to eachother. Although I obsessed over Skyrim a lot, it was only for a short period of about 2 months max. World of Warcraft is the absolute bomb of me obsessing over a game. There is no game for me that ever came close to such an obsession. I had to play it, I just had to. When I was a couple of months into the game, I even searched for my hearthstone in my pocket when I came out of the cinema. I neglected my real life. Never really went anyway for periods longer then a few hours. My head was filled with WoW all day long. I became physically ill almost if I didn't play. My mind was racing to get back to my pc. That period lasted about a year or two. Then it became less an issue, but still far too much to be healthy.

The other games have that less. But I still enjoyed them very very much. FF7 even had a emotional response from me when "Aeris" died, I cried and became enraged at the same time. Never had that with a game. I feel very much free to write that, cause I've already seen hundreds of forum posts that state the same reaction. My best friends at the time had the same feelings at that time. We were like 16/17 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    You funny kid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    WORST LIST __EVER__. How the h*** did they not put in Counter Strike 1.6? Should EASY be top 5. A game that have been played competitive for over 10 years in a row, without ANY CHANGES will easy beat all other games. That list is really waist of time reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    WORST LIST __EVER__. How the h*** did they not put in Counter Strike 1.6? Should EASY be top 5. A game that have been played competitive for over 10 years in a row, without ANY CHANGES will easy beat all other games. That list is really waist of time reading.
    Is it even on the list? I don't know about top 10 but it seems odd that CS wouldn't be on the list. I'm not even much of a FPS person and even I know how important that game is.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I wish people would just stop trying to make the one super list. Every game that is top 100 material are good for their own reasons, and how you weigh one over the other is beyond me. Simply put, if I was ever going to try, I would break everything down into smaller pieces and then leave it at that. Its hard enough to get a single genre right, let alone a platform or the entire gaming world.

I also think with as long as gaming has been around, you've got to compare games based on their time and place in history. Games like Donkey Kong and Paperboy were great games, but due to technology you simply can't fairly compare them. Games made in the last 5 years are generally always going to be perceived as better just because of technology.

I think you can have a fairly reasonable discussion then because you are talking about each game in context of the time and place it was played. Old guys like me that grew up playing the old Atari 2600 are going to give much more weight to older games than most people would.

Would WoW be in the top 10 of all time? Depends on the category imo. MMO? Probably the top. Industry changing? Certainly. Gameplay? Probably not. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I don't agree. Everyone has their own personal little list. Some of those games I havn't even bothered playing.

Zelda, Ocarina of Time for 1! :<
    Raaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    WoW has earned the spot, after 8 years of bringing people together from all over the world for brutal combat. Friends have been made, enemies have been made, careers have been made, life's have changed. But over all of this, memories have been made. I cannot think of any other game that has accomplished this. WoW is in the history books and is the "thing" that all current and future game developers will strive to create. Without a doubt one, if not the greatest game of all time.

This is my own opinion.
    After long consideration.

I up this post because I think it is an incredible powerhouse of a post - for lovers AND haters of WOW.

I hope the guy invented it himself. It synthesis - just in 3.5 lines why WOW is "THE" one in the last decade. NOT by numbers only, NOT by revenue (which is to me the economical mainstay), but the post above shows the EXACT reason why WOW way outruns ANY game on ANY list really.

In fact it just convinced me to go back to WOW and start leveling my hunter.

Grtz to Diggasson: I think this quote deserves its own thread really.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-19 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    Half Life 1/2 should've definitely been higher!

A subjective opinion of random group. Objectively speaking WoW is definetly # 1 becouse it provided more entertaiment hrs then any other game in the world. Haters gonna hate but its consumers who judge a product, and no game been consumed as much as WoW. Some games sold in insane amounts too, but i highly doubt any game comes close to WoW with hrs played/copy sold.

If Blizz ever dared to combine all /played data from every character existed i believe humanity would be in awe from amount of human resources wasted. Could've colonized moon probably hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    Portal is my favorite game and the onlu game that i bothered to finish more than once. If you do not know it you need to stop playing wow and try it.
    I immensely enjoyed portal 1 and portal 2, but come on, it's like a 2 hour play through. How can a game that is beaten in 2 hours by pretty much anyone even be on a top 10 list?

It would be too hard for me to make a top 10 games list, but I think I can nail down the number one game of all time.

1. Starcraft Brood war: No game has ever surpassed it or even came close in balancing 3 completely unique sides so perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    If Blizz ever dared to combine all /played data from every character existed i believe humanity would be in awe from amount of human resources wasted. Could've colonized moon probably hehe.
    For certain we could have. But we chose to play WoW - much less hassle haha. But I think you're right. WoW can't be anything else then nr1 if you look at mere hours spent in this game.