Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

North Korea Detonates Nuclear device, causes 4.9 magnitude earthquake

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/wo...est.html?_r=1&
    pretty damn big deal now that North Korea is actually detonating their Nuclear devices now

reactions and how do you think this is going to pan out now?
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2013-02-12 at 07:15 AM.

Lets hope this wont result in another war, or worse a world war. Or you know, someone getting nuked.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    North korea needs to stop flexing it's muscles before they start world war 3.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt they do this once already? whats so different this time?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    didnt they do this once already? whats so different this time?
    They did it in '06 and '09. I'm not sure why people are freaking out this year as if it is any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    WWIII is going to sell great with the media outlets we have today.

I can't wait. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Um-- what can I say? US would probably invade, if they had any significant resources they wanted. I don't see any danger to most of the world, they are pretty much only interested in re-conquering the south, their missiles still suck, and since America is way out of their reach and does not feel threatened, it's likely no one will intervene. I've been consuming all news about NK over the last years with morbid interest - it makes for entertaining reading.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    They did it in '06 and '09. I'm not sure why people are freaking out this year as if it is any different.
    I thought those failed, in my defense I dont really watch any sort of news program so I'm not upto date with the latest war starters and whatnot.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Because the other two times they weren't making aggressive statements regarding attacking America or reducing South Korea to ash. Plus the son is now in charge and not the father, his haste in testing out explosives in addition to these aggressive tactics IS what's worrying me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Because the other two times they weren't making aggressive statements regarding attacking America or reducing South Korea to ash. Plus the son is now in charge and not the father, his haste in testing out explosives in addition to these aggressive tactics IS what's worrying me.
    Sure they were. Especially about South Korea.

The only thing I'm worried about is when they eventually launch a nuclear weapon, if it's headed for Australia or not, as long as it skips Australia, California and Hawaii, I'll be cool with that, then America can feel free to obliterate them.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about is when they eventually launch a nuclear weapon, if it's headed for Australia or not, as long as it skips Australia, California and Hawaii, I'll be cool with that, then America can feel free to obliterate them.
    Why just those 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why just those 3?
    I doubt they'd aim at anything in Europe, I live in Australia, and have friends in CA/Hawaii/Europe.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    I was half expecting some sort of catastrophic failure involving dead North Korean scientists.

son, I am Dissapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    I doubt they'd aim at anything in Europe, I live in Australia, and have friends in CA/Hawaii/Europe.
    And yet, global nuclear war (which any launch of a modern nuclear weapon would almost certainly instigate, since, you know, nukes have more than local effect) is an almost certain case of global mutually assured destruction.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I was half expecting some sort of catastrophic failure involving dead North Korean scientists.

son, I am Dissapoint.
    Lol I agree, was hoping they solved our problem for us. Give it some time. I am quite sure they will blow themselves up. (here's hoping anyways)

oh look. north korea wants nuclear weapons. If they really wanted one we could have shipped one air mail and it would have only taken a couple minutes to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And yet, global nuclear war (which any launch of a modern nuclear weapon would almost certainly instigate, since, you know, nukes have more than local effect) is an almost certain case of global mutually assured destruction.
    I don't see why everybody thinks that the nations who control the largest nuclear arsenals capable of waging any sort of global nuclear war would actually resort to using them if one rogue nation such as North Korea managed to land one somewhere.

This once again won't result in anything else but a spiral of fear-mongering because regardless of how relatively "insane" the leading party of North Korea is, they are still fairly intelligent and certainly not suicidal.

The only reason of these tests when you close your ears from the propaganda bark they keep up is to provide them a powerful deterrance from the involvement of the other nations, specifically US.

im really just wondering what the chinese response to this is going to be. This is starting to make them look really bad. It's just time to cut off all food/economic aid to them and start sending their crops missiles filled with agent orange.