Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reglitch well done on this spreadsheet, finally we've something like this!

Just a question about this: Are you adding any time soon the trinkets that have been implemented this patch (5.2) so we can compare all of them?

Thank you,
    ~ Pandamorium
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh thank you!
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    It's a little hard to read at the minute, trying to think how I should rectify that

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eternita/Fluo/

This being my armory link, I tried to import it by adding the server name manually, but figured out spaces were bugging it out, therefore I decided to edit the wowJSON script and in particular this line:
    Code:
    var toonJSON = UrlFetchApp.fetch(""+regionName+".battle.net/api/wow/character/"+realmName+"/"+toonName+"?fields=items,stats,professions,talents");
    to this:
    Code:
    var toonJSON = UrlFetchApp.fetch("eu.battle.net/api/wow/character/pozzo-delleternita/Fluo?fields=items,stats,professions,talents");
    However, it's giving a this error when trying to execute it singularly:

TypeError: Cannot read property "name" from undefined. (line 80, file "wow")

Deleted
    Fixed it!

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 04:56 PM ----------

You'll need to recopy the spreadsheet unfortunately, as you can probably tell from the "copy of copy of copy of" crap that google does you have your own local version of the spreadsheet once you've copied and I can't control it.

Awesome, it's working perfectly. Thanks!

Never realized chi burst was that much healing even when hitting 2-3 targets.

By the way, another question, related to trinkets: is that MP5 value for Price of Progress given for the trinket post the ICD nerf?
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-03-30 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    The problem is CB needs to hit at least 6 to compare to the other two.

Unless I'm doing something wrong it's showing that four targets are more than doubling the healing from Chi Wave, which means the same healing over the same span of time.
    Zen Sphere would be harder to quantify due to the explosion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Unless I'm doing something wrong it's showing that four targets are more than doubling the healing from Chi Wave, which means the same healing over the same span of time.
    Chi Wave doesn't overheal nearly as much as CB on 4 targets will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Have a working fight model working now, thought people might be interested in seeing this;

Zen Sphere;

Chi Burst;

Trinket ratings do not include newer trinkets i think?
    Last edited by Hantzu; 2013-04-03 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Have a working fight model working now, thought people might be interested in seeing this;
    I'm interested in this fight model.

However, I'm somewhat worried about your SCK values. Esp. concerning mastery. Your spreadsheet puts mastery EXTREMELY low on power, far far lower than what I see in valen's, and even below where I would put it from experience/intuition [though that isn't worth too much]. As well, I glanced at your mastery calculations and they seemed extremely small, esp. for SCK, which doesn't seem to match my experiences in live. I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but there is a large difference between your values and valen's. Theres also a small disconnect between your estimated stat values and valen's in crit, yours has me at +.6% crit, -2% mastery proc difference as well. I'm at school so I don't have time to look at everything, but I'm going to see which one is closer later tonight. I think valen's is miscalculating some of the stats from preliminary analysis, however the numbers aren't far off enough for me to see mastery nearly as weak as your spreadsheet says comparing to his. For example, valen's estimates around 1/4 the value of crit, yours was giving me around 1/10 the value.

Anyway, these are just my observations from a half hour of looking between the two, my .02

15+ Year Old Account
    What's Valen's spreadsheet? I haven't seen that one.

I also thought the mastery #s were very low in Reglitch's spreadsheet, since it's usually a solid % of my healing (although still far below where I see Paladins or HPriests). I even adjusted it to give 100% chance for each orb to be used and it was very low. I went over the math several times, and I couldn't see a flaw in his calculations. Maybe I'll take a look again.

One possible reason is that we're not measuring overheal on crits. I think with the log collection maybe we can examine overheal done by mastery vs. overall overheal (or if someone wants to do their own parsing of the logs, possibly overheal on normal hits vs. crits, but I don't think WoL gives a good measurement for this).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    I'm interested in this fight model.

However, I'm somewhat worried about your SCK values. Esp. concerning mastery. Your spreadsheet puts mastery EXTREMELY low on power, far far lower than what I see in valen's, and even below where I would put it from experience/intuition [though that isn't worth too much]. As well, I glanced at your mastery calculations and they seemed extremely small, esp. for SCK, which doesn't seem to match my experiences in live. I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but there is a large difference between your values and valen's. Theres also a small disconnect between your estimated stat values and valen's in crit, yours has me at +.6% crit, -2% mastery proc difference as well. I'm at school so I don't have time to look at everything, but I'm going to see which one is closer later tonight. I think valen's is miscalculating some of the stats from preliminary analysis, however the numbers aren't far off enough for me to see mastery nearly as weak as your spreadsheet says comparing to his. For example, valen's estimates around 1/4 the value of crit, yours was giving me around 1/10 the value.

Anyway, these are just my observations from a half hour of looking between the two, my .02
    I'm aware of the mastery issue, I'm not sure where the discrepancy lies. One possible area is that I use the mastery value of 9.6% as a base,

It's not exactly clear which one is correct, all datamining sites suggest 9.6% also, so that's the value I use. As for critical strike, I think that difference is the way we calculate intellect. The way in which you're given the intellect values includes the 5% from Leather Specialization, which means any int gains such as flasks, profession passives, etc. are devalued in Valen's calculator I think, while mine actually accounts for this.

You can easily see this by using your alchemy specialization flask with no stats buff, you get 336 stats instead of 320.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-04-04 at 05:34 PM.

Reglitch, thanks for all your work with this. I have a quick question for you or any of the other experienced MW here regarding our level 30 talents. I run with a casual 10 man group. Thus far our progress has been limited to Horridon because of a plague of real life issues and various other setbacks over the past couple of months. I know that you're not a proponent of Chi Wave, but a lot of the advice I'm seeing is more appropriate for 25 man. On fights like Jin'rokh I'm comfortably using CB or ZS. What I'm unsure on are the situations when the raid is relatively spread out. Horridon for example. While the majority of the raid is generally in the same area working on adds, I'm not confident I could use CB to its potential as people are really not stacked. So, ZS or CW here? Is there is any scenario in which CW would be more effective than the other two, or will ZS always be the better option, even on spread out fights in 10 man? Thanks much.

Deleted
    If you're going to be spread out the entire fight, I'd go for CW for improved tank healing. If there's ever going to be a period you're stacked up during the fight, I'd go for ZS.

Holy crap! Does spamming Soothing Mist really generate 1 additional tick per second??!?! How have I not seen that in guides? Is this actually true? That would be amazing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calanos View Post
    Holy crap! Does spamming Soothing Mist really generate 1 additional tick per second??!?! How have I not seen that in guides? Is this actually true? That would be amazing!
    Sort of, it effectively pushes you up to the next haste % divisible by 100%. So if you get 1 tick every 0.9 seconds, you'd effectively get 1 tick every 0.5 seconds. If you somehow already were getting 1 tick every 0.4 seconds, you'd get 1 tick ever 0.33 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also increases your mana consumption proportionally, however.