10+ Year Old Account

Gaming laptops...

Hi MMO community.

In the past you have all been very helpful, so I thought I would ask another question.

My wife and I have just moved into our new house. She will get upset if I am in the office all the time playing games.
    So to combat this I want to get a gaming laptop, so we can sit next to each other, she can watch her TV and I can play my games, win win!.

But what is a good gaming laptop? Alienware? but then I hear bad stuff about them. So I am completely lost and have no idea where to start looking.

If it helps I am in Australia and the games I intend to play are WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, dota and counter-strike.
    My budget... probably up to $2500 I guess, even though I would like to spend less.

Thank you for your suggestions and ideas.

Cheers,
    Blood.

Asus makes some really solid ones. Steer clear of Alienware, HP and IBuyPower. (My own personal experience/opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    What about this MSI mob, are they any good?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/211103/N..._0ND-288AU.asp

Will do you good & won't be ripping your wallet either
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

MSI is a highly reputable brand. I don't personally own one, but their products have great reviews and people here suggest them all the time.

Also, get a reeeeally nice lap tray with room for a mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I want to get like a little desk that could roll into the lounge sort of speak, so when Im sitting down I have like a lap table. Then when not in use could easily be folded away and put to the side.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/211103/N..._0ND-288AU.asp

Will do you good & won't be ripping your wallet either
    Awesome thank you. Seems like the goods. I will keep checking around, MSI seems like it could be the go here.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=21811

Same laptop as above just Melbourne based if that suits your location better. I would also recommend a cooling mat for it regardless of what you get newer laptops not so much but my old thing has a tendency to bake itself (lets draw air in through the bottom of the laptop with 3mm rubber feet... that will be plenty of air).

The other option is to get a cheap laptop and go an egpu setup but they can be quite messy to set up properly and most of the time aren't worth the hassle (I also haven't seen the parts available in australia though I haven't looked hard).

----
    edit
    ----

For a desk I would just use a coffee table, you can probably score one in your area for about $10-30 on gum tree, if your going anymore elaborate than that you could might as well consider the route of a htpc and find a sneaky way to route a hdmi cord to a little monitor you keep with this other desk and go wireless keyboard and mouse (wouldn't normally suggest them for gaming but I gather this won't exactly be aimed at being for the best gaming experience just so you can have a little bit of gaming while spending time with the missus).

I've just finished night shift so i'm in my overtired minds running wild with ideas state so i'm just throwing things I can think of out there for you.
    Last edited by slasher0161; 2013-02-20 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks mate, yeah I have purchased a few little pieces from pccasegear, so I will give that a look too.