Poll: Which carb source?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pasta is my favorite. I love all kinds of different pasta dishes and could eat it everyday. My second favorite would be rice with potatoes coming up a distant third.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    I was about to quote Aristotle now... but I WILL resist!
    Was it this one?

"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

Because it definitely pertains to me, and I'm glad you brought it up.

I use to eat staples.

15+ Year Old Account
    where da bread at

WHERE DA BREAD AT

I like rice, otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Went with "none" because I prefer eating healthy foods and am not interested in diabetes.
    I would agree if you said "Im not interested in dental problems of any sort" but that ? No, simply wrong.

Picked rice, I like rice.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    I would agree if you said "Im not interested in dental problems of any sort" but that ? No, simply wrong.

Picked rice, I like rice.
    Just another bonus that goes with my perfect diet.

You can live on a diet of nothing but potatoes. With the others, you'd develop deficiency diseases.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pasta seems out of place. Feels like it should be flour. But, either way, potato...

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    where da bread at

WHERE DA BREAD AT

I like rice, otherwise.
    Pasta should have been flour...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Potatoes and rice tend to hold less flavor than pasta in my experience.
    Putin khuliyo

Just another bonus that goes with my perfect diet.
    and what does this so called perfect diet consist of? Well it doesn't matter anyways seeing as you will die same as me and every one else in this thread.

also after your first comment this popped in my head

10+ Year Old Account
    Rice, especially Asian rice. I love pasta too, it's like my 2nd favorite kind of food.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Easy: Gnocchi = Pasta + Potato, all in one delicious bite. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    and what does this so called perfect diet consist of? Well it doesn't matter anyways seeing as you will die same as me and every one else in this thread.
    I eat nothing but cinnabons (classic, no nuts) because this thread taught me that they are nutritious.

I eat nothing but cinnabons (classic, no nuts) because this thread taught me that they are nutritious.
    laughs aside im serious whats this so called perfect diet you speak of i would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    laughs aside im serious whats this so called perfect diet you speak of i would like to know.
    Meat, fish, fowl, eggs, vegetables, seeds, nuts, sparing fruits (preferring fruits like avocado over pineapple). Generally a lot of vegetables with some form of a flesh protein, lots of salads with nuts/seeds/shrimp/whatever meat I have left over, and sweet potatoes if I'm trying to get some gains at the gym.

edit: and I drink water or tea, and if it's alcohol time it'll be some nice whisky or maybe a strong red wine if it's fancy time.
    Last edited by Jaxsz; 2013-02-19 at 11:21 PM.

Was it this one?

"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

Because it definitely pertains to me, and I'm glad you brought it up.
    Wanna play this game? Very well then...

"In actions there is excess and deficiency and the mean; but virtue is conversant with passions and actions and in them both excess and deficiency are faults and are blamed but the mean is correctness and is praised; and both these are attributes of virtue... whereas excess and deficiency are vice."

Seems you're way off to finding "excellence"... good luck though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most definitely taters.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Wanna play this game? Very well then...

"In actions there is excess and deficiency and the mean; but virtue is conversant with passions and actions and in them both excess and deficiency are faults and are blamed but the mean is correctness and is praised; and both these are attributes of virtue... whereas excess and deficiency are vice"

Seems you're way off to finding "excellence"... good luck though!
    So I'm way off from finding excellence because I have an excess of health and physical fitness? Am I deficient in eating shitty food? I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pasta is number one for me, next potatoes, then rice.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Deleted
    I knew it, potatoes are leading.