Thread: Marks buff yay!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Hunter sitting at 3 bars from 90. If these changes make it through ill have a reason to get him to 90! Bm is sooooo boring.
    Bm is far from mandatory unless you raid high end and have the 4p t14....

I'll miss the first minute of BM openers, but overall, thank you for SV.

Deleted
    So I have been doing some tests with my gear and FD (thanks Zeherah for updating it so quickly). I have 498 gear, 4pc, reforged for Crit > Mastery > Haste.

5.1 results: BM - 106183; SV - 100171; MM - 98817 (with haste to the 3864 threshold - 98483).
    5.2 results: BM - 106183; SV - 104648; MM - 107256 (with haste to the 3864 threshold - 106075).

You can get to conclusions by yourself, keeping in mind that my gear is quite low level.
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2013-02-20 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added wrong info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    Seems Zeherah forgot to add the Arcane Shot buff.
    Because there wasn't one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    Because there wasn't one?
    Aw, I thought it got buffed by 10%. Silly me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    why am i thinking of them implementing an ilvl dependent scaling? :X
    No they meant something like colossal smash scaling. Like reduce the damage by 50% in PvP.

-

Looking forward to letting BM rest a while, even though they should allow spirit beasts to be used in all specs, because that I'll def miss most about bm

Deleted
    Mixed feelings:

• Happy for sv and mm buffs.
    • Sad that bm may have lost/looses it's #1 spot in single target fights.

But I guess, having all hunter comunity happy the same time must be hard!

Deleted
    So, in 5.2 with 4 set t15 will it be like this single target with a very small difference?

1 - SV
    2 - MM
    3 - BM

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    No they meant something like colossal smash scaling. Like reduce the damage by 50% in PvP.

-

Looking forward to letting BM rest a while, even though they should allow spirit beasts to be used in all specs, because that I'll def miss most about bm
    i know, i just meant some time in the future so dmg stops growing exponentially.
    something like "your avg ilvl is 450? you get 800% weapon dmg on that spell, so you deal about 100k crits with that spell! OH, you upgraded your gear to ilvl 480? now you'll get only 700% weapon dmg scaling, so the spell does instead of 200k crits just 150k crits."

Deleted
    BM burst would still be way higher than SV or MM's.
    Depending on the length of the fights or the needs, BM could still be better.

So it's more complicated than SV > BM

For instance a fight that lasts 5:30 favors more BM than the other spec

Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post

You sure about that? Don't forget about careful aim.... which I believe goes to 80% now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post

Think you forgot about careful aim and with a 0,4 sec lower AiS cast time and +10% dmg buff to AiS you will make some sick dmg the first 20% with RF, trinkets, pot etc up

Deleted
    At least BM burst doesn't rely on the boss heatlh...

Having saying that, I don't know the level of MM burst of we are in the first 20% range. If someone has an idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Think you forgot about careful aim and with a 0,4 sec lower AiS cast time and +10% dmg buff to AiS you will make some sick dmg the first 20% with RF, trinkets, pot etc up

Yes but, Bm in the 1min is by far margin the best in burst DPS, MM with the buffs is fine but, BM have insane burst.

Deleted
    femaledwarf is simming a 4,8k dps gain for sv, with mm being in line now with sv (note that my reforge is crit>mastery>haste, so MM will probably be better with correct reforge), still BM is 2,2k dps ahead but this is cause of the overpowered tier 14 4pc bonus. with 522 gear, legendary meta and tier 15 bonus all specs will do roughly same single target dmg,

BM is still best single target until you get 4 piece / legendary.

the thing i wonder is with all the haste that is on the next tier of gear, is if with the bloodlust trinket and going for haste over mastery will it be enough to pull marks ahead.

Marks multidot is not as strong as SV but its not as hard to maintain as it is with BM

just did some FD testing with my gear, and it has MM = to BM without reforging... I guess that means BM will be dead next patch, marks will equal it single target without optimal reforges and SV will be better single target..

we might waste lots of money of reforging next tier is MM because superior for ST vs SV.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-02-20 at 03:11 PM.

Impressively narrow spread, closest I've seen it in a while. Of course this is without changing MM reforging priority, and losing T14 set bonuses has its various effects, so they'll shift around a bit as others have mentioned. But it's looking pretty good for ToT spec possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post

Impressively narrow spread, closest I've seen it in a while. Of course this is without changing MM reforging priority, and losing T14 set bonuses has its various effects, so they'll shift around a bit as others have mentioned. But it's looking pretty good for ToT spec possibilities...
    you know i wasn't thinking about that when i did my marks testing... losing that t14 will hurt makrs a fair bit, 10% haste is huge for that spec, but its also big for BM as well.

Why doesn't someone just sim without tier pieces? I'm to lazy to do it right now, but it would give a decent indication of where the specs are at without set bonuses.