Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Not everyone takes video game design philosophy so personally. D3 is just a game not a religion.
    You seem to completly miss my point. My point is that just because you can patch a game that doesnt mean you can expect people to give it a second chance after a bad start. It's not about religion, it's about upholding to some standard to show that publishers cant go "we will fix it later" and expect players to keep up with that.

D3 is just a game as you said, and if it doesnt adhere to certain standard then I can pick any other measly game that adheres to it.

It might do well on the PS4/3.
    I have a friend that is looking forward to it since he doesn't have a computer capable of pulling off Farmvile.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    just try to buy I don't know lets say Far Cry 3 on PC, and then ask, why you cant play same game on console for free... yeah here's your answer.
    So, Far Cry 3 is a online game? That's new to me!

Several points.

1. The interface, the inventory, the movement (analog, no point & click) are all changed. So are the mechanics (!) like a dodge command...

2. Talking about that dodge command, that can only mean PvP. They already confirmed the PS version will include the latest patches when launched.

3. Consoles are an ideal market for this kind of short and fast playing sessions. And there are no H&S games on consoles. Certainly not with the excellent fast engine and responsiveness of D3.

4. One couch to rule them all... Playing with 4 in your living room and all on one big screen (zomes out/in).

So this is not a direct port as such.

And btw: Diablo 3 got 88% average on pro review sites and patches made it an extreme polished game by now. I ignore user hate comments of 1/10 completely.

The inclusion of the new dodge and PvP gems with defensive stats could make this game a real killer on the PS 3/4.

Finally : smart move from Blizzard: the first step into Japan, the only country they never got on land (due to being console only over there).

I will never forget D3 made me leave my WoW play after 6 years. Looking back it is even normal as - for those liking a pure grinding game - D3 is far better suited to modern internet game play. No gearscore, no rep grinds and MUCH more solo challenge with adaptable MP play.

MMORPG's will have to walk a LONG way to get to this kind of easy set up and play mechanics.

I can play D3 for 100 hours and then leave for 3 months, only to jump back in where I left off l.. In 2 minutes. If you leave an MMORPG for 3 months you are WAY behind everything and anything.

So a huge challenge for Blizzard with their Titan game I guess.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-23 at 11:03 PM.

I thought this was already somewhat known waay back. I've always heard the rumors they were going to make Diablo for the Consoles aswell. And that made me hyped. Both a friend of me and I wanted to play IF it came for the console (and for us it would've been xbox).
    But it seems they made the port (waay too late) and PS3 only. Not sure what I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyZ View Post
    Just take Portal 2 as an example. When you buy the PS3 version you can also play it on the PC but not the other way round because on the PS3 you need the steamclient which is (with the other gamefiles) on the disc.

For the PS3/PS4 version I can't see Sony let you download the game for free from PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Just take Portal 2 as an example. When you buy the PS3 version you can also play it on the PC but not the other way round because on the PS3 you need the steamclient which is (with the other gamefiles) on the disc.

For the PS3/PS4 version I can't see Sony let you download the game for free from PSN.
    Yea it makes no sense. Sony doesn't see a red penny from you just getting the game because you already bought it for pc. SOME of their business is gonna have to come from repeat buyers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyZ View Post
    lol what? Far Cry has same optional multiplayer as Diablo 3,
    I played some co op with friends in Diablo 3, joined some public game few times, but most of the time I played it solo, the always online requrement doesnt change that game to mmo, and on console there won't be even that since there will not be that requirement.

if you think Far Cry 3 example is absurd, what would you think of Call of Duty? it's on every console, and you would have to buy 3 copies to play on PC, PS3 and X360.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the PC version was a beta which costed 60 euros to participate in. Launched without
    RMAH, PvP, endgame progression[paragon levels] and when stuff finally gets in the game it'll
    then launch on consoles.

If PS will have offline play and PC version will remain online only, then Blizzard as a developer
    is dead to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Diablo 3 isn't that much of a bad game, just the errors in the start..it'd be pretty fun on consoles just duke it out with friends against enemies out of boredom, seems fun.
    Howay the lads!

if you think Far Cry 3 example is absurd, what would you think of Call of Duty? it's on every console, and you would have to buy 3 copies to play on PC, PS3 and X360.
    That example doesn't exactly work, as Activision doesn't release the PC version first, then two years later releases the console versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Blizzard has came up with countless plans that never have came to fruition. Why start believing them now? Especially on something such as this?
    Except that they had been hiring people specifically for console programming. People seriously need to learn how to actually read between the lines, since this announcement was hardly a surprise if you bothered to pay any attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    That example doesn't exactly work, as Activision doesn't release the PC version first, then two years later releases the console versions.
    ok, what about Alan Wake then, it was released few years later then console version, did you get it for free?, what about Brutal Legend that is coming to PC in march, will I get it for free just because I bought it 2 years ago on console?
    and best example of all - I did own PS3 version of DCUO, it was running on different servers then PC version, and did I get it for free? - hell no, so If anyone think they will hand Playstation copy for free to anyone who already bought it on PC must be 5 years old and still believe in Santa.

ok, what about Alan Wake then, it was released few years later then console version, did you get it for free?, what about Brutal Legend that is coming to PC in march, will I get it for free just because I bought it 2 years ago on console?
    and best example of all - I did own PS3 version of DCUO, it was running on different servers then PC version, and did I get it for free? - hell no, so If anyone think they will hand Playstation copy for free to anyone who already bought it on PC must be 5 years old and still believe in Santa.
    I'm amazed that people actually believe they will get it for free. It's gotta be a minority that is that gullible. Granted 12 million people bought the game so their's a big chunk of the gaming population that can get sold any pile of crap hook line and sinker but at the same time their has to be a line on incredulity and disbelief. You are not getting playstation diablo for free just because you bought pc diablo. It makes NO SENSE for Blizzard or for Sony for that matter. This is a cash grab people. Bend over and take it or do the smart thing I and many others have decided to do. Stop buying their shit.

Settle down buddy, I was just saying it was a shit analogy. I wasn't in agreement with anyone.

Diablo was released two years later on the PS1, it isn't like this is new. I really don't care either way personally.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-02-25 at 09:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    now all the console gamers can experience a lackluster game and be disappointed they spent 60 bucks on it!!

all personal opinion of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Except that they had been hiring people specifically for console programming. People seriously need to learn how to actually read between the lines, since this announcement was hardly a surprise if you bothered to pay any attention.
    Hell, there's not even any lines to read between. They flat out said "yeah, we want it on consoles" then started hiring for console development. People were wondering at launch where the console release was. I'd say it was more obvious than Diablo 3 having an expansion even though they never really announced it.

Diablo 3 on PS3 and PS4 will allow offline play!

Oh Blizzard, if only I understood why you enjoy pissing in your customer's cereal.

Source
    Last edited by Peroxidex; 2013-02-25 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post

Oh Blizzard, if only I understood why you enjoy pissing in your customer's cereal.
    Incoming D2 fan hate. To be fair though, I can understand it. The launch night for D3 comes to mind. Error 37 anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post

Source
    Did you not expect this? It's a console. It's not an MMO, there's no reason why it shouldn't have offline play.

What I wonder is, if you can translate your offline characters to online. In Diablo 2, you couldn't, but that was mainly due to hacks and stuff, and eventually, you had character editors that let you do whatever you want, so it only made sense. Could they justify having a console being unhackable enough (for lack of a better term) to let your offline characters play online? I would hope so.