Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    They got allied with humans 2800 years before WC1.
    They are former members of the "new" Alliance.
    Grand Alliance =/= Current Alliance
    Same as Old Horde =/= Current Horde

Using that as an excuse to draw lines isn't going to fly. If you're going to do that you might as well have the Blood Elves and the Forsaken join the Alliance because "once they were".

They got allied with humans 2800 years before WC1.
    They are former members of the "new" Alliance.
    They were allied for a brief time not for several thousand years, the only Kingdom they were allied with for a long time was Dalaran and those allies decided to throw them to the wolves, during the Garithos disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    We know of at least one, the only thing that annoys me is the guy still has blue eyes, which he shouldn't have.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Summoner_Nolric
    Hahaha oh wow! I never knew he existed.

Seems like Blizz just threw him in there though, I don't think whomever programmed him knew what they were doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Grand Alliance =/= Current Alliance
    Same as Old Horde =/= Current Horde

Using that as an excuse to draw lines isn't going to fly. If you're going to do that you might as well have the Blood Elves and the Forsaken join the Alliance because "once they were".
    It's not that once they were, they've been allied, without any interruption, with humans, they never betrayed them or anything like that, and they are former members of the current Alliance, they are already in the Alliance, only not playable, and they played an important role in the development of humans by learning them the magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that once they were, they've been allied, without any interruption, with humans, and they are former members of the current Alliance, they are already in the Alliance, only not playable, and they played an important role in the development of humans by learning them the magic.
    Except for when the Alliance abandoned them when Arthas came knocking. They renamed themselves the Blood Elves (severing ties with the Alliance) and it wasn't until later when Kael'thas returned with Fel energy as a source that their eyes began to change.

So ... Yeah. High Elves of today are just Blood Elves that splintered to reject Kael'thas and crawled back to the Alliance for shelter.

It's not that once they were, they've been allied, without any interruption, with humans, and they are former members of the current Alliance, they are already in the Alliance, only not playable, and they played an important role in the development of humans by learning them the magic.
    They taught humans magic because they were desperate, they regretted it later on, because humans were very reckless with it and no the high elves that are currently in the Alliance rejoined after their nation had seceded from the Alliance and even elves that remained and defended Lordaeron became blood elves later on. Prime examples being Rommath and Kael'thas.

10+ Year Old Account
    They taught humans magic because they were desperate, they regretted it later on, because humans were very reckless with it and no the high elves that are currently in the Alliance rejoined after their nation had seceded from the Alliance and even elves that remained and defended Lordaeron became blood elves later on. Prime examples being Rommath and Kael'thas.
    To add, that means that the Blood Elves are the true High Elves because they are the ones that fought for their land and defended it. It's stupid that they even allow the new "High Elves" a presence near the Sunwell when they pretty much abandoned it. Blood Elves gave up their purity to survive and defend their land, High Elves ran away.

Deleted
    Except for when the Alliance abandoned them when Arthas came knocking. They renamed themselves the Blood Elves (severing ties with the Alliance) and it wasn't until later when Kael'thas returned with Fel energy as a source that their eyes began to change.

So ... Yeah. High Elves of today are just Blood Elves that splintered to reject Kael'thas and crawled back to the Alliance for shelter.
    Yes, and it's a proof of loyalty, even after all of this, they sticked to the Alliance.

They were desperate, like all the Alliance races who got allied to face the orcish invasion.

To add, that means that the Blood Elves are the true High Elves because they are the ones that fought for their land and defended it. It's stupid that they even allow the new "High Elves" a presence near the Sunwell when they pretty much abandoned it. Blood Elves gave up their purity to survive and defend their land, High Elves ran away.
    Still they are still their people and it seemed they could at least understand that the high elves stood up for their principles, but that might change drastically after the recent events in Dalaran. You are right High elves shouldn't be allowed to set foot onto Thallassian soil anymore since they are a security risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and it's a proof of loyalty, even after all of this, they sticked to the Alliance.

They were desperate, like all the Alliance races who got allied to face the orcish invasion.
    No it's not proof of loyalty. There's no loyalty whatsoever. They just didn't like what Kael'thas was selling and realized there was nowhere else for them to go. They crawled to the Alliance not out of loyalty or love, but out of pure desperation. They pledged fealty just to survive. Like Combat said, it was purely for their principles, and nothing else. They abandoned their home, and their people. They could have just as easily NOT practiced fel magic and lived on the outskirts, but instead they ran away.

They did not stick to the Alliance they crawled back.
    A few high elves have chosen to join the Alliance in recent years, but the Alliance as a whole remains somewhat suspicious of high elves to this day. The high elves' secession from the Alliance during the Second War left bitter memories. Furthermore, the night elves, who became part of the Alliance during the Third War, saw it as their duty to warn their new allies against the high elves. The Highborne's part in bringing about the War of the Ancients figured heavily in the night elves' retelling of high elf history.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft...dia/High_Elves

They were not desperate during the orcish invasion, Silvermoon remained untouched they decided to join the Alliance mainly to fight the Trolls. The Amani on the other hand nearly defeated them, which led to one of their greatest mistakes, teaching humans magic.

For millennia we have isolated ourselves from outsiders. I will be the first among us to admit that mistakes were made in the past. Humans should never have been exposed to magic. I will not deny this
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel%27Thalas_Registry

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for when the Alliance abandoned them when Arthas came knocking.
    The High Elves weren't a part of the Alliance at that time.

They had abandoned the Alliance after their leader blamed the Alliance for the destruction of their forests, even though it was their fault for not heeding the Alliance's warnings - one of the examples of the High Elves showing their own bigoted and arrogant sides.
    So there was no aid because they weren't a part of the Alliance. Their loss against the Scourge is in their own hands.

On top of this the Alliance had no aid to give. Stormwind was repairing itself, Lordaeron and Dalaran had just been destroyed and the other Human nations had already left, while Kul Tiras was off pursuing Thrall.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-21 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    No. In Lor'themar's short story he says he banished the high elves. So the high elves stood and fought, but when Kael'thas came with the suggestion to absorb fel magic, they opposed the idea, so they were banished and left to die.

Deleted
    They came back to the Alliance cause they felt closer to the Alliance than to the future-blood elfs, when i say that they were desperate, i'm talking about the troll wars, they were desperate against the trolls like the Alliance was against the orcs, so it's not a problem at all for their "alliance" with humans, and as i said, they are already in the Alliance, only not playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The High Elves weren't a part of the Alliance at that time.

They had abandoned the Alliance after their leader blamed the Alliance for the destruction of their forests, even though it was their fault for not heeding the Alliance's warnings - one of the examples of the High Elves showing their own bigoted and arrogant sides.
    So there was no aid because they weren't a part of the Alliance.

On top of this the Alliance had no aid to give. Stormwind was repairing itself, Lordaeron and Dalaran had just been destroyed and the other Human nations had already left.
    Lordaeron was destroyed but Dalaran was not damaged, indeed Anasterians reasons to leave the Alliance were not really thought through, but understandable considering their history of isolation. Not to mention the rift happened on both sides prior to the fallout the human kingdoms distanced themselves from their non human allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    No. In Lor'themar's short story he says he banished the high elves. So the high elves stood and fought, but when Kael'thas came with the suggestion to absorb fel magic, they opposed the idea, so they were banished and left to die.
    Even so, the prince's relatively quick acceptance of dire measures (e.g., draining magic from demons) is by no means characteristic of blood elves in general.

Thanks to Rommath, the blood elves on Azeroth learned how to drain arcane magic and feed their addiction.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft...ia/Blood_Elves

Fel energy was used to power the city though aside from the magisters the general population did not consume fel power actively.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-02-21 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I don't know about you, but I would have at least stayed as close as possible and fought no matter what anyone said (I think there's a lodge in Eastern Plaguelands, so I give them credit for that).

And yes Scummer, I am aware of the situation but that's not how the Elves felt or why they split. They believed they were abandoned, and that was what fueled their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    but Dalaran was not damaged
    Archimonde's sand castle?

I don't know about you, but I would have at least stayed as close as possible and fought no matter what anyone said (I think there's a lodge in Eastern Plaguelands, so I give them credit for that).
    Those were the exiled rangers, though they were turned into wretched because they fell prey to an magical artifact.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Archimonde's sand castle?
    Dalaran was destroyed after Quel'thalas, remember Archimonde was summoned by Kel'thuzad, who was resurrected in the Sunwell.

Meaning the guys, who had been their only true allies ,for thousands of years, did not lift a finger to help them.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-02-21 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those were the exiled rangers, though they were turned into wretched because they fell prey to an magical artifact.
    See, credit. Some of them did stay. Good for them, sad for how it turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran was destroyed after Quel'thalas, remember Archimonde was summoned by Kel'thuzad, who was resurrected in the Sunwell.
    My head hurts.