Poll: Which race deserves some focus to develop there story?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Everyone apart from Trolls, Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Blood Elves. But the ones in most fire need is the Draenei, I actually share the general mmo-champ consensus. What's happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Well, sure, Thisalee is a druid, but she's more vicious and hardheaded than any night elf we've seen in years! Fandral was the last shadow of WC3 night elves and Blizzard bumped him off.
    She's not really. Shandris Feathermoon is better in every way than her. So was Pained in ToW for that matter. And neither are druids, which is great. But really. Shandris needs to just hang out in Feathermoon Stronghold for another 3 expansions while Night Elves get no new lore and the current stuff can be forgotten. Pained can have her memorial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite surprised at the lack of votes for worgen. I know there new, but they have literally no decent lore outside of starting zone and darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm quite surprised at the lack of votes for worgen. I know there new, but they have literally no decent lore outside of starting zone and darnassus.
    They need to lie low too. Association with night elf lore has dragged them down into the abyss of shitty story development.

Deleted
    Draenei for sure, after that I would like some more Worgen,Forsaken and Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Night elves - Right now they are more of a joke race than anything else. "Achievements" of night elf mages in azshara and kaarsag wilds is simply purely gold, its like they reach rank of archmage for not killing themselves. Also the entire "we need help of other races of alliance or else we gonna get owned by everyone and they mother" theme combined with derptyrande is simply pathetic. They are nothing like race i liked to play in W3

Tauren - Those guys really need to get they shit together. Baine is simply a clusterfuck of character. Quillboars kill my people ? hmm what should i do ? Oh yes give them water !!!. Alliance attack tauren footholds in barrens ? I will now pretend i see nothing and do absolutely nothing about it. Or scratch that i will banish those tauren who fight back from thunder bluff. Derp. Tauren really need new leader ( preferably someone with spine) who will actually care about they business. The fact that there is no reunion with yaungol (even if that would be one, small tribe) was really sad.

Worgen - Having your entire lore background as forsaken third most important enemy is simply not enough. Worgen really need more active involvement in alliance politics and start expanding themselves more.

And at the end Horde/Alliance pandaren - they simply need to add more lore to them and try to make diffrences more significant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    She's not really. Shandris Feathermoon is better in every way than her. So was Pained in ToW for that matter. And neither are druids, which is great. But really. Shandris needs to just hang out in Feathermoon Stronghold for another 3 expansions while Night Elves get no new lore and the current stuff can be forgotten. Pained can have her memorial.
    Shandris Feathermoon would be a offer a good opportunity for Blizzard to show a little more of those Kaldorei fangs that we haven't seen beared convincingly in a long time, but she's been left in obscurity for so long that I didn't bother bringing her up (lamentably).

And, as for Pained, she spent all her time with a human mage! She was no real night elf.

I'd say that a good way to get night elf leadership blood pumping again would be to off Malfurion somehow, we'd get rid of one of WoW's boringly overpowered heroes and Tyrande could throw a shit-fit over losing her man, but that would feel incredibly stale and overdone after we've seen two female leaders at the forefront of the story and factional politics recently become violently 'unhinged' already (Jaina, Sylvanas).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Achievements" of night elf mages in azshara and kaarsag wilds is simply purely gold, its like they reach rank of archmage for not killing themselves.
    ya I thought it was hilariously pathetic; here come the mighty highborne with their supposedly awe inspiring magic wielding that is so powerful and amazing it mustn't be shared with those outside their circle annnd the first thing they do is get countered, with ease, by a nobody blood elf mage. It's like an 80 year old who "used to dance back in the day" trying to show up a current professional dancer and breaking his hip...

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:50 PM ----------

Shandris Feathermoon would be a offer a good opportunity for Blizzard to show a little more of those Kaldorei fangs that we haven't seen beared convincingly in a long time, but she's been left in obscurity for so long that I didn't bother bringing her up (lamentably).

And, as for Pained, she spent all her time with a human mage! She was no real night elf.

I'd say that a good way to get night elf leadership blood pumping again would be to off Malfurion somehow, we'd get rid of one of WoW's boringly overpowered heroes and Tyrande could throw a shit-fit over losing her man, but that would feel incredibly stale and overdone after we've seen two female leaders at the forefront of the story and factional politics recently become violently 'unhinged' already (Jaina, Sylvanas).
    Pained was the only Night Elf written as a real Night Elf in a long time. A fearless, skilled warrior who could take loads of punishment and slaughter a mountain of orcs. Not some druid hugging squirrels in the forest. All great ideas but, Blizzard has no one at cdev that actually cares about Night Elf lore. Metzen loves his orcs, Kosak loves his Forsaken, everyone working for them loves their horde. No one gives a crap about Night Elf lore; if they did the lore wouldn't be so terrible and in the pathetic state its in. If you don't have anyone passionate about the story, then they shouldn't be writing it.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-21 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Night elves stop being dicks after the level headed men appear, News at 11.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:11 PM ----------

Pained was the only Night Elf written as a real Night Elf in a long time. A fearless, skilled warrior who could take loads of punishment and slaughter a mountain of orcs.
    Because all Night Elves need to be unstoppable unkillable Mary Sues who can only be killed by a Mana Bomb.

Pained was No one special, yet she managed to fight off Garrosh AND Baine.

I'll kindly say fuck you to that, if anything TAUREN need more Lore than Night elves ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Night elves stop being dicks after the level headed men appear, News at 11.
    Hey look more Horde fanboi BS. "Only dicks defend their homes from those that wish to steal it and destroy it". Gotcha. Don't think too hard about that...
    Because all Night Elves need to be unstoppable unkillable Mary Sues who can only be killed by a Mana Bomb.

Pained was No one special, yet she managed to fight off Garrosh AND Baine.

I'll kindly say fuck you to that, if anything TAUREN need more Lore than Night elves ever do.
    Nothing mary sue about being a Perfect Warrior. Garrosh is a chump with anger issues, any skilled Sentinel should dance circles around that pathetic sack of shit, really. And Baine's combat experience = what? Let's try to pretend that since WoW night elves have been represented as anything but that. But it's okay for Orcs to be born as superior fighters to everyone, including Sentinels with thousands of years of training. Nothing mary sue about that right? Nothing ridiculous about a nameless orc archer taking Tyrande out of a fight with a single arrow. Lol but Baine and Garrosh get held off by a skilled warrior cause those two are inexperienced crud and its a big deal.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-21 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    He means he's just rambling, what he's saying is nonsense because he's just talking. He's not calling Blood Elf lore nonsense.
    My bad . Thought the arrow was aimed at my post.

Although I still hold my point, especially considering Blood Elves are joint third in this poll with Forsaken who themselves have had very consistent story in Vanilla, Wrath and Cata. Those results seem to indicate people voting for the race they want to see more lore for, rather than one that deserves attention.

Considering she was the Night Elf leader for the Night Elf forces during ToW when Theramore got blown up I'm surprised we haven't seen her since.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-21 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Hey look more Horde fanboi BS.
    Nothing mary sue about being a Perfect Warrior. Garrosh is a chump with anger issues, any skilled Sentinel should dance circles around that pathetic sack of shit, really. And Baine's combat experience = what? Let's try to pretend that since WoW night elves have been represented as anything but that.
    I'm sorry, Horde Bullshit? I distinctly remember the Warcraft 3 Campaigns quite clearly. Alliance and Horde working together.. Sentinels being dicks about it and harassing them without seeing to reason, eventually they drive Grom to consume the Demon blood. Then when Malfurion sees that in order to stop the legion, they need to sacrifice their immortality, Tyrande has a hissy fit. Malfurion was the only Night elf who could see reason and actually LISTEN to the wilds and understand what was happening.

As for Being the perfect warrior, that is EXACTLY Mary Sue. What experience did Pained draw upon? Standing around Theramore doing nothing? Yet she managed to best both a Fighter of HUGE strength in Garrosh AND Baine.

Thats bullshit, a Night Elf is no where near as strong as a Tauren, AT ALL.

Forsaken story went to interesting direction. All the conflicts they started in cataclysm and suddenly...

...nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Probably a case of cause and effect. People have probably already forgotten they exist. Although I think people are just more inclined to vote for Draenei.

I'm sorry, Horde Bullshit? I distinctly remember the Warcraft 3 Campaigns quite clearly. Alliance and Horde working together.. Sentinels being dicks about it and harassing them without seeing to reason, eventually they drive Grom to consume the Demon blood.
    Without reason? People coming into your home, destroying your stuff, stealing your resources isn't a reason? I guess you missed the part when Cenarius authorized the attack on account of his sources told him the Orcs were a legion vanguard and they still reeked of Fel...
    Then when Malfurion sees that in order to stop the legion, they need to sacrifice their immortality, Tyrande has a hissy fit. Malfurion was the only Night elf who could see reason and actually LISTEN to the wilds and understand what was happening.
    Again, wrong. It was Medivh who came to them, told them to unite. Sacrificing their Immortality wasn't part of the plan it was just the cost of it. And do any of the other races give a shit again?

As for Being the perfect warrior, that is EXACTLY Mary Sue.
    Take it up with your bro, Grom. He's the one who called them that.
    What experience did Pained draw upon? Standing around Theramore doing nothing? Yet she managed to best both a Fighter of HUGE strength in Garrosh AND Baine.
    Pained doesn't have much of a backstory but, several millennia old warrior who fought in the war of shifting sands and possibly the war of the ancients isn't good enough to hold off a derp like Garrosh and a novice like Baine.

Thats bullshit, a Night Elf is no where near as strong as a Tauren, AT ALL.
    hahaha WRONG. I love how you accuse Night Elves of mary sue status for being able to hold their own in a fight but a tauren should be perfectly able to hold off a platoon without an issue. And an Orc can kill a dozen humans without any injury either?

10+ Year Old Account
    They never will either, solution is no more Night Elf lore, period.
    I'd rather they continue to give them story and "try" to fix the problem, than let their shoddy lore stagnate. I don't think the problem will just go away by leaving it and they're too interesting a race to just leave them be.

Night Elves are at their best when they're fighting for their homeland and bitching about people who desecrate it, so I hope that we see some run up quests prior to the Siege of Org where the Alliance push through Ashenvale while pushing the Horde further back.

Deleted
    hahaha WRONG. I love how you accuse Night Elves of mary sue status for being able to hold their own in a fight but a tauren should be perfectly able to hold off a platoon without an issue. And an Orc can kill a dozen humans without any injury either?
    Oh I'm sorry, the Huge Ten foot tall juggernaught of Bone and muscle backed by a hunter's intelligence cannot seem to stop a 6 foot Elf with about Equal hunter's intelligence.

Listen to yourself, you're making up excuses for why Pained could even stand against Baine.

All you speak of is How great the Night elves are. They're shit. They were assholes, proven they were assholes and got beaten down like assholes. Their modern story fits with them perfectly, on how they are HUMBLED by the Mortal races they are now suddenly part of.

Edit: There is also a reason why Tauren were a Heavy unit for the Horde, They are fucking strong, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without reason? People coming into your home, destroying your stuff, stealing your resources isn't a reason? I guess you missed the part when Cenarius authorized the attack on account of his sources told him the Orcs were a legion vanguard and they still reeked of Fel...
    Yes but it really wasn't a valid reason to open attack without just cause. The night elves didn't know the orcs and just opened fire on them first, we know that is true.
    The orcs had not even confronted night elves before this (if you excuse Tyrande meeting broxigar), so the attack on them first... lets suppose if it was humans cutting down trees and the night elves opened attack on humans first, would it be any more justified?

The orcs did wrong in many accounts, but trying to survive by cutting down some trees, from a forest they had no idea was 'protected' by elves does not give the night elves just cause in opening an attack on them first, anymore then if orcs were to stealth into ashenvale, find the elves first and kill them in there home.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-02-21 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, it seems impossible to pick just one. Out of those, I'd like to see dwarves get some more development, but I have to realize that draenei have also been neglected since TBC. And worgen should have at least some role. Humans and orcs could really take the backseat in the following expansion, although that doesn't mean they should be totally neglected either.

Oh I'm sorry, the Huge Ten foot tall juggernaught of Bone and muscle backed by a hunter's intelligence cannot seem to stop a 6 foot Elf with about Equal hunter's intelligence.
    Try 7 foot tall, very strong, lightning fast, agile and lithe and far more intelligent. Doesn't seem like much of a challenge at all actually. BUt since you know nothing about

Listen to yourself, you're making up excuses for why Pained could even stand against Baine.
    Learn the definition of excuses. You're the dolt that asked how it was Pained could be so powerful. I gave examples.

All you speak of is How great the Night elves are. They're shit. They were assholes, proven they were assholes and got beaten down like assholes. Their modern story fits with them perfectly, on how they are HUMBLED by the Mortal races they are now suddenly part of.
    Shit = your Horde, about to get humbled by the white knights you hate so much since we all know Siege of Orgrimmar is heralding the end of your big mighty war machine. They haven't been humbled by anything other than bad writing. They are written as stupid; very stupid, but throughout it all they still repelled your garbage Horde and it's blitzkrieg without the support of the Druids. Give props to the writers for that at least.