Poll: Which race deserves some focus to develop there story?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yes but it really wasn't a valid reason to open attack without just cause. The night elves didn't know the orcs and just opened fire on them first, we know that is true.
    The orcs had not even confronted night elves before this (if you excuse Tyrande meeting broxigar), so the attack on them first... lets suppose if it was humans cutting down trees and the night elves opened attack on humans first, would it be any more justified?

The orcs did wrong in many accounts, but trying to survive by cutting down some trees, from a forest they had no idea was 'protected' by elves does not give the night elves just cause in opening an attack on them first, anymore then if orcs were to stealth into ashenvale, find the elves first and kill them in there home.
    Don't bother trying, Night Elves are perfect, and always will be, especially if you ignore how selfish and narrow sighted they are.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Try 7 foot tall, very strong, lightning fast, agile and lithe and far more intelligent. Doesn't seem like much of a challenge at all actually. BUt since you know nothing about.
    I'm sorry? 7 foot tall? Yes, 7 foot tall at best.

Very strong? Weaker than Trolls Orcs AND Tauren, so thats ruled out.

Lighting Fast? About as Agile and fast as Trolls.

More intelligent? Tauren seemed to pick up Druidism stupidly fast and Sun Druidism very fast with no Night Elf help, they're probably better druids than them.

Yes but it really wasn't a valid reason to open attack without just cause. The night elves didn't know the orcs and just opened fire on them first, we know that is true.
    The orcs had not even confronted night elves before this (if you excuse Tyrande meeting broxigar), so the attack on them first... lets suppose if it was humans cutting down trees and the night elves opened attack on humans first, would it be any more justified?
    yes, their land, their laws. Ignorance isn't an excuse. They weren't attacked for setting up a camp, they started clear cutting...

The orcs did wrong in many accounts, but trying to survive by cutting down some trees, from a forest they had no idea was 'protected' by elves does not give the night elves just cause in opening an attack on them first, anymore then if orcs were to stealth into ashenvale, find the elves first and kill them in there home.
    Just cause was Cenarius okaying the attack based on what he knew of what the Orcs were and given they still smelled of fel, he had no reason to think otherwise; it was the Legion returned. Funny you mention the last thing, after all was said and done and everyone came together, the Orcs went right back to their ways and eventually murdering elves in their homes.

Deleted
    Just cause was Cenarius okaying the attack based on what he knew of what the Orcs were and given they still smelled of fel, he had no reason to think otherwise; it was the Legion returned. Funny you mention the last thing, after all was said and done and everyone came together, the Orcs went right back to their ways and eventually murdering elves in their homes.
    You want to be real pedantic? It's Orc land now, Orc rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Don't bother trying, Night Elves are perfect, and always will be, especially if you ignore how selfish and narrow sighted they are.
    You really don't know much about Night Elves beyond your biased hatred for them, based mostly off your own head lore.
    On average...

Very strong? Weaker than Trolls Orcs AND Tauren, so thats ruled out.
    according to you, not lore. You don't count.

Lighting Fast? About as Agile and fast as Trolls.
    again, that's your "lore" and counts for nothing.

More intelligent? Tauren seemed to pick up Druidism stupidly fast and Sun Druidism very fast with no Night Elf help, they're probably better druids than them.
    And that's why they were nomads without written records?

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:50 PM ----------

You want to be real pedantic? It's Orc land now, Orc rules.
    No it's not you crazy little horde fanboi. The incursion was entirely repelled. Warsong Lumber camp is Night Elf land now, as it should be, being fertilized by the corpses of the orcs working it

Deleted
    You really don't know much about Night Elves beyond your biased hatred for them, based mostly off your own head lore.
    Based on the fact that I played Warcraft 3, read all their lore and played through all of their zones in WoW. Night Elves were assholes. Period, they saw themselves better.

And well, as for all the details, you say I am getting my lore confused, you're basically saying Night elves are stronger than Tauren and Orcs, Faster than Trolls and smarter than all of them.

You then say that MODERN Night Elves suck because they don't go around raping and killing and plundering everyone... and then you berate the Orcs for doing the same.

You have this stupid notion that the Night Elves are the bestest best people in the world and all the other people are useless peons to them, especially that filthy filthy Horde filled with savages who you want the Night Elves to be like, but Don't, because that would be beneath them.

Edit: Also, I got those things from the BASE STATS in World of Warcraft.

Tauren and Orcs have more strength, Trolls only have one less Agility offset by 1 extra strength.

Deleted
    draenei, worgen, gnomes, tauren, dwarves. These races need it badly.

night elves need better lore development, the current one is kind of bad.

Orcs, humans and pandaren get too much (yet, we're in Pandaria, doesn't mean it should be 90% about them).

Forsaken, blood elves (with new patch), goblins and trolls get just the right amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Problem I have with voting draenei is that they, like the gnomes, havent been made into an interesting race, they're like a niche that cant really be filled with an expansion worth of stuff, although if Blizzard wanted to im sure they could manage it, after all we somehow have pandaria.
    Ah, the old conundrum. Draenei aren't interesting because they don't have lore, draenei don't have lore because they aren't interesting.

Let's reign in the vitriol, guys, no need to start insulting people.

Based on the fact that I played Warcraft 3, read all their lore and played through all of their zones in WoW. Night Elves were assholes. Period, they saw themselves better.
    Wrong, you didn't read crap. I've pointed out numerous flaws in your raging posts filled with erroneous examples.

And well, as for all the details, you say I am getting my lore confused, you're basically saying Night elves are stronger than Tauren and Orcs, Faster than Trolls and smarter than all of them.
    No, just AS STRONG AS, you're the git saying they are weaker over and over etc.

You then say that MODERN Night Elves suck because they don't go around raping and killing and plundering everyone... and then you berate the Orcs for doing the same.
    No I didn't. Are you literate? Do you just type kneejerk and never read anything? I never once said night elves should be dominating the world, where the fuck did you pull that bullshit from? I said, and have said countless times, they should be competent and fully capable of holding their own.

You have this stupid notion that the Night Elves are the bestest best people in the world and all the other people are useless peons to them, especially that filthy filthy Horde filled with savages who you want the Night Elves to be like, but Don't, because that would be beneath them.
    you really like to get off on putting words in everyones mouth by calling Horde filthy savage. First, horde aren't "filthy savages" though you seem to like to strawman that when you rage against Alliance. Second, ya, I'd like Night Elves to have some plot armour like the Horde does, Third, relax and have a drink or something.

Tauren have received a lot of advancement in both novels and in-game, Humans are everywhere. The blood elves get a great story in Pandaria in 5.2. Worgen received some cool advancement but should get some attention. Goblins should also get a look. Gnomes and Trolls received some cool lore hooks back in Cataclysm, and Dwarves definatly got some cool story advancement in Cata.

Really the only race I can think of that really really really needs some more stuff going on with it is the Draenei.

I don't care when it happens but Draenai will and should have their time to shine when the Burning Legion inevitably happens. Velen is the only racial leader BY FAR (BY MILES) that can even come close to standing toe to toe with Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden. People forget that Velen is one of the most powerful beings in the WoW universe (despite the fact that 20 people go kill him for an achievement in Exodar lol). I'm not sure Draenai will be the next one to get lore development but they will eventually be in the forefront.... We've been slapped in the face with so many Lore promises and let downs the least they can do is make Velen the badass he is somewhere in game for us to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if the poll is anything to go by Blizzard have trouble developing hoofed races (livestock).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Please, try and speak some reason into this thread.

I am no where near against Night elves, they are my favorite elves and one of my favorite races, But the big point in them was they had FLAWS.

They were brash, arrogant and very very Close minded. Tyrande was not patient of intelligent, she was angry, hateful and crazy.

She killed Night Elves to free illidan without a second thought. She scoffed at the idea of losing her immortality, and she disrespected her Husband when he spoke words of wisdom.

People who complained about Tyrande being rash in the Alliance Questlines seem to forget who Tyrande was, She was no saint, she was Xena Warrior Princess... and she had little patience to begin with.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 08:02 PM ----------

you really like to get off on putting words in everyones mouth by calling Horde filthy savage. First, horde aren't "filthy savages" though you seem to like to strawman that when you rage against Alliance. Second, ya, I'd like Night Elves to have some plot armour like the Horde does, Third, relax and have a drink or something.
    Right, because I'm the guy who totally imagined you saying Night Elves are AS STRONG AS Orcs Tauren and Trolls, and swifter than Trolls and Tauren.

Alright, whatever, you're talking out of your ass like usual.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of votes for worgen. I know there new, but they have literally no decent lore outside of starting zone and darnassus.
    Worgen are just more humans, and thus have the same history. No real lore there to explore, focusing on them would be a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to meet the people who voted Blood Elf!

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Worgen are just more humans, and thus have the same history. No real lore there to explore, focusing on them would be a waste of time.
    They have a different culture and are cursed. They are interesting and are not the same as Stormwind Humans. If anything they're more interesting.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-21 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I want to meet the people who voted Blood Elf![COLOR="red"]
    Probably people who want them to turn into High Elves.

Please, try and speak some reason into this thread.

I am no where near against Night elves, they are my favorite elves and one of my favorite races, But the big point in them was they had FLAWS.

They were brash, arrogant and very very Close minded. Tyrande was not patient of intelligent, she was angry, hateful and crazy.

She killed Night Elves to free illidan without a second thought. She scoffed at the idea of losing her immortality, and she disrespected her Husband when he spoke words of wisdom.

People who complained about Tyrande being rash in the Alliance Questlines seem to forget who Tyrande was, She was no saint, she was Xena Warrior Princess... and she had little patience to begin with.
    Sorry but anyone who says "they are all assholes" cant by any account call said assholes favourite. YOu call them brash, they are supposed to be courageous. You call them arrogant, it's confidence afforded by their skill and ability, you call them close minded, please tell me how they are closed minded? They adopt technology, picked up the Alliance's baggage and bear it in on their shoulders, they took responsibility for the Worgen's condition and helped Gilneas control it, and yes, it's acceptable to scoff at the idea of losing Immortality on account of its a death sentence for the entire race... Done for the benefit of other nations, half of which don't give a shit enough about it to respect their sovereign borders. This has derailed enough. No more Night Elf lore. It's irreparable on account of terrible writers turning them into Alliance cannon fodder for the fuck of it. And so long as there are Night Elf "fans" like The Fiend writing in cdev going "these guys are my favourite races, let's have them get slaughtered some more for the hell of it" is reason enough to never write a word of new night elf lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably people who want them to turn into High Elves.
    Then they'd still be silly considering the Silver Covenant have been up to a lot recently .

Deleted
    She's not really. Shandris Feathermoon is better in every way than her. So was Pained in ToW for that matter. And neither are druids, which is great. But really. Shandris needs to just hang out in Feathermoon Stronghold for another 3 expansions while Night Elves get no new lore and the current stuff can be forgotten. Pained can have her memorial.
    Unfortunately Pained is dead.

As for Shandris, I fear that if they give her more lore they're make her like they made Tyrande, weak and worthless. So, even though Shandris is my favourite character, I am not so sure I want more lore for her, as the amount of it we get for her is enough to not light lights in the minds of those who dislike strong women at Blizzard.

And to be honest I liked Thisalee, she is a good night elf. Pity she's neutral.

7 foot is average actually for night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You're right! What use is insulting people? Now, where did I put my bow and arrows...

... there, found it! Now, who was saying night elves shouldn't get more lore and shouldn't have some better plot? I have plenty of arrows for you!

Deleted
    Sorry but anyone who says "they are all assholes" cant by any account call said assholes favourite. YOu call them brash, they are supposed to be courageous. You call them arrogant, it's confidence afforded by their skill and ability, you call them close minded, please tell me how they are closed minded? They adopt technology, picked up the Alliance's baggage and bear it in on their shoulders, they took responsibility for the Worgen's condition and helped Gilneas control it, and yes, it's acceptable to scoff at the idea of losing Immortality on account of its a death sentence for the entire race... Done for the benefit of other nations, half of which don't give a shit enough about it to respect their sovereign borders. This has derailed enough. No more Night Elf lore. It's irreparable on account of terrible writers turning them into Alliance cannon fodder for the fuck of it. And so long as there are Night Elf "fans" like The Fiend writing in cdev going "these guys are my favourite races, let's have them get slaughtered some more for the hell of it" is reason enough to never write a word of new night elf lore.
    So basically, you cannot like a Race for their Flaws, instead of how SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME they are? Flaws help deepen characters, they help deepen races, they help show the GOOD sides of Races and characters by showing comparisons to the bad.

Night Elves are Brash, reckless and some might even say Savage, But they are also Noble, Wise and very much filled with spirit. They're emotional creatures, unlike how people portray elves in other fiction.

A Night Elf feels the fury of anger much more purely than others, while feeling the pangs of sorrow deeper in their heart than anyone.

It's these flaws, this strange ideal of Noble Savage mixed with ancient culture they purposely spurned in favor of a simpler life is what I enjoy about Night Elves.

If they fling themselves at the enemies of the Alliance, trying to tear them asunder with Arrow Glaive or Claw, At least it captures the spirit more, than have them walk through the enemy with no real emotion or depth to them.