Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yea one time I was LFRing on the toilet. I wiped on Garalon and then I wiped again.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got out of an LFR where we wiped three times on the Will of the Emperors because players were not taking the adds down. Most of my past LFR's there was little wiping except for Garalon of course.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had MSV LFR, 2nd half, where one of the tanks was more interested in running his mouth in the chat box than actually tanking which resulted in at least one wipe on trash getting to Elegon.

Then the same tank was so invested in sounding cool to the raid full of people that didn't give two shits about him and fucking around with one of the priest healers that he got the healer fall off the platform and lifegrip him as well... mid Elegon fight. Resulted in a wipe and him thinking he was hilarious.

Then on Will of the Emperor, I don't know what the actual problem was, other than melee running to the bosses with adds still up and getting hit by the cleave thingies. I just know I was doing my job of dancing with the Strength guy, sidestepping the big circle of KNOCK YO ASS DOWN while keeping him facing the wall so others could kill it, look up to see the whole raid was dead and both bosses coming at me. I didn't live very long after that.

This was last week, btw. So yeah, been there, done that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wipes usually happen when the raids are new and get less frequent as time passes, which i'm ok with. There has to be a learning curve for everyone, and some learn faster than others. People really like to exaggerate the lack of "skill" and awareness some LFR players have. As for the question, of course. I remember wiping repeatedly on madness of deathwing for the first few weeks, and most recently on will of the emperor. Usually i stay unless there are clear signs of sabotage visible, i.e. people in heroic gear killing players with lifegrip on crush @ garalon and unseen strike @ blade lord, pulling too much trash making it untankable etc. EU LFR here btw.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Sure I have, remember when LFR Garalon first came out? Jesus christ.

I think I've wiped more than once in the same run on.... Will of the Emperor and Elegon when they first came out because of tanks derping and people dying to the Floor Boss.

Oh, yes!

I mean who hasn't been there on Will of the Emperor where most the raid think it is not for them to kill the adds?

Rarely. Usually after a wipe the worst players curse everyone and then ragequit the group and with them gone it's usually really easy to kill the boss. Most of the time i wiped twice in the same LFR was when some funny guy pulled right after a wipe when only half the raid is there and most people only have half life and mana. But in regular attempts it rarely happens to me.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I did, several times actually in the SAME LFR run. Mostly in Elegon.

Back in cata, there was this time I queued for LFR DS, entered in the ship part, the ground were littered with dozens of skeletons. A cat druid, happily jumping all around, yelled to the newcomers "welcome to the 10th wipe!". I remember we did wipe at least twice more (and every time about half the raid would quit) before finally killing the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh, yes!

I mean who hasn't been there on Will of the Emperor where most the raid think it is not for them to kill the adds?
    You're supposed to kill adds on Will of the Emperor? I just sit on the boss, avoiding slashes racking up top dps on that fight. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Sure, you have a huntard in the group who likes to chain pull the boss right after clearing trash, people get locked out, healers are OOM, and the first pull on every boss is a wipe.
    this or usually because Tanks or healers are not really equipped for the role but just some random idiots that wanna cheat the loot system, another common reason is those boss that require tank swap after certain stack of a random debuff, there is always a tank that don't know what to do. If tanks and healers are decent even 10 dps can do the lfr.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Garalon, when it was new and had a funky enrage timer. Other than that it's probably been at Will.

Deleted
    Never wiped on LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You're supposed to kill adds on Will of the Emperor? I just sit on the boss, avoiding slashes racking up top dps on that fight. lol
    Haha, you're my hero. I hope you point out how bad all the other DPS are by linking recount repeatedly.

Not lately but in the early days the LFR I was in would usually wipe a couple times on Garalon. Given the amount of times the same player caused a Crush I assume it was griefing but it's possible he was just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    There is a difference between a person being inexperienced, and being an ignorant moron who refuses to at the very least read the dungeon journal PRIOR to entering LFR let alone a normal / heroic raid.

People who do not do a bit of brushing up on fights, dont deserve to be there imo, even in LFR.
    The Dungeon Journal is really of no use to someone who hasn't done a fight at least once. There are X abilities in it and only 1 or 2 are of any consequence to DPS or heals, but which those are isn't obvious at all.

And that is per boss.

Going into LFR you aren't working on "a" boss, you are working on 3-4 bosses.

No one is going to memorize/digest/understand 4 pages of dungeon journal before going into LFR.

It's not going to happen. It has never happened. It never will happen.

All you "read the dungeon journal" folks, seriously, just think about it. It doesn't work that way.

You folks who think it's not okay to wipe in LFR because you don't know the mechanics the first time, you need to reset your expectations. Wiping is THE FASTEST way to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I will say, though, that the Dungeon journal doesn't really prepare you for much. For instance, I'm pretty sure the floor dropping on Elagon isn't even mentioned in there, for example.

I really, really, really don't think anyone should have to go look for any outside sources at all to do LFR, and for the most part, they don't :x

They died once or twice on those things, and then corrected themselves. Far as I know, that's how it should be. That's how every other game on the planet is :x
    Exactly.
    Last edited by HardCoder; 2013-02-22 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Mostly in the first few weeks of the latest LFR raids. Ambershaper prenerf was horrible, same as Garalon with everyone stacking underneath him going "WTF IS DIS DAMAGE??".

It's always either Wind Lord or Tsulong. People are just terrible at dispelling in LFR for some reason.

Not in MoP, but in DS I was privy to this a few times, always on either the 'kill adds in a specific order' guy, or on the spine.

Watching people nearly stroke out at their keyboards in anger made it all very worth sitting through. (really? Telling someone you hope they get cancer?)

The first day Ambershaper was up before all the nerfs, I believe I wiped for 6 hours straight on that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I really, really, really don't think anyone should have to go look for any outside sources at all to do LFR
    I really, really, really don't think anyone should be looking at outside sources for any encounter in this game. I realize it's beyond acceptable practice at this point, but all you're doing is removing a surprise element for yourselves, and making the game likely far easier than intended (and yes, the dungeon guide was also a step in the wrong direction).