Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    What's under Tirisfal. Explained early on as something that drove the magically attuned Highborne bonkers. Had no effect on the humans living there nor the Undead there now. Was stated as NOT being an Old God.
    Shattered lands and remnants of the South Seas. Kalimdor was a huge continent, Pandaria was wretched free as a large floating landmass, as was Zandalar, Echo Isles etc. What else could be out there, lost to time and hidden away for 10000 years. Lost tribe of Trolls, an enclave of Night Elves from the southern hemisphere separated for 10000 years, another Titan device etc.
    The deep seas of Azeroth. As annoying as it was navigating through Vashj'ir the zone was very mysterious and amazing.
    The whereabouts of the Titans and even a more solid understanding of what they are.
    The original appearance and nature of demons; what they were before succumbing to fel magic addiction.
    The timeline prior to 12000 years, fully laid out. It's still hazy.
    Oh and all of the above too

Oh the caverns network under Ahn'qiraj is exceptionally creepy. The whole ruins in the map are just creepy. Ancient, malicious, still feels haunted. They should do something with it, every now and then, like the pre-Cata elemental invasions of Kalimdor. I miss those...

Datamining predownloaded game files and beta/PTR reveal even the smallest mysteries.

Too much of a spoiler.

I either have to ignore the spoilers and be left behind by all the people who get the information before the release or I have to read/watch the spoilers and sacrifice my enjoyment of the new content.

Whats east of Eastern Kingdoms? Its said any ship that sails that direction never returns. I assume it will be expansion related someday.
    If I recall properly the east shores of the Eastern Kingdoms and the west shores of Kalimdor are closer to each other than traveling around the Maelstrom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The Azerothian trapezoid is east of easter kingdoms...
    Easter kingdoms?

So that's where all those noblegarden eggs come from...

Anyway, I'd like to see much more explication of Ahn'Qiraj. They did quite a bit of work on it inside the old kingdom dungeon, and they've been itching for a reason to go into it more fully.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    emerald dream still needs fully integrating into the game, if that's what you mean.
    that and south sea's? also isn't there some titan inspired and burning legion inspired other worlds we could explore? the naaru / draenai really could hook us up with an inter-dimensional spaceship, just saying.

theres most likely a lot more...but i haven't really read books i just listen to people and read about them arguing about lore.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Many of the mysteries were removed with cata's revamp. There were a lot of incomplete quests and lore that they just swept under the rug

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the **** happened to Neptulon?

Deleted
    The portals in Duskwood, Ashenvale, Feralas, and the Hinterlands I'd like to be fully explored. I know we had the dragons in vanilla and they lead to the Emerald Dream but it would be good that they finally done something with them. I mean they are pretty noticeable landmarks within the areas and have hardly been used.

Spider Kingdom... the Barrow Downs we also have all of the pre 12,000 years to explore maybe through the CoT? There is also The Emerald Dream and the ocean. Plus whatever is west of Kal and east of Eastern. Probably a lot more that I don't know of to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Many of the mysteries were removed with cata's revamp. There were a lot of incomplete quests and lore that they just swept under the rug
    Ya, like that friendly Naga on the shore of Tanaris who used to emote "Looks out toward the horizon and sighs". A GM had made a comment he was involved in a quest but no one ever stumbled upon one involving him. Plus that dragon in Elf form in the Swamp of Sorrows where everyone used to grind for emerald whelp pets, I know he was involved in the Eranikus questline but Blizzard always said they had more plans for him. I'm sad Grimbooze Thunderbrew doesn't offer any quests like Sweet Amber anymore.

Edit: Found the Naga from Tanaris http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8617 If there were ever any quests involving him, they were never activated. This NPC was lost in the Cataclysm so any mysteries linked to him will remain unknown.
    Last edited by PennyRust; 2013-02-22 at 04:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    What the **** happened to Neptulon?
    He was a victim of man flu. From Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyRust View Post
    Ya, like that friendly Naga on the shore of Tanaris who used to emote "Looks out toward the horizon and sighs". A GM had made a comment he was involved in a quest but no one ever stumbled upon one involving him. Plus that dragon in Elf form in the Swamp of Sorrows where everyone used to grind for emerald whelp pets, I know he was involved in the Eranikus questline but Blizzard always said they had more plans for him. I'm sad Grimbooze Thunderbrew doesn't offer any quests like Sweet Amber anymore.
    That dragon is just a quest giver in the revamped Sunken Temple. As for the Naga, there was another naga in Tanaris, a female one, whom fell in love with Narain Soothfancy after rescuing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it's a problem that the more we uncover, the less there'll be to do eventually. I know new lore can always be created, but the big cosmic elements of the WoW universe have been firmly established - the Burning Legion, the Titans, etc. Sometimes I think it'd be best to leave those elements nebulous and simply have tendrils of them interact with WoW from time to time- rather than having one knock down drag out brawl that ends the Legion forever, have it remain as an eternal enemy, something that has to be fought, but can never ultimately be beaten.

'course, there's plenty to do still before we wrap up every dangling plot thread. As people have said, there's the Emerald Dream, Azshara and her sunken kingdom (I wonder what she's going to do with Neptulon's power... hmm, I don't know, maybe raise some shit?!).

I also wouldn't mind exploring more of the Elemental Planes, maybe see what's become of them in the aftermath of the loss of three elemental lords. I can picture the Firelands going through some extreme changes as a result of being tied to Mount Hyjal... forests of fire-trees, maybe?

And there's my own little idea - it's not completely out of the question, we've got a new nerubian empire blossoming in-game, and there's always the question of whether there are any more of them out there. Throw in some Hollow Earth / Lost World action and you've got the makings of a great Underworld-themed expansion.

To say nothing of new worlds to explore. And I wouldn't mind seeing more of Outland and uncovering its history. There's some shenanigans going on far in the past that might be Old God related - something caused the civilization of the arakkoa to collapse, and they know how to summon Old Gods...

And speaking of the Old Gods, I wouldn't mind getting a clearer picture of their conflict with the Titans, how long its been going on for, and who happens to be winning at the moment...

What's under Tirisfal. Explained early on as something that drove the magically attuned Highborne bonkers. Had no effect on the humans living there nor the Undead there now. Was stated as NOT being an Old God.
    My theory is corrupted Titan well of power - the EK equivalent of Sholazar and Un'goro. But gone bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    My theory is corrupted Titan well of power - the EK equivalent of Sholazar and Un'goro. But gone bad...
    But what went bad? Tirisfal was a rather tranquil and peaceful place prior to the Orc invasions and the Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what went bad? Tirisfal was a rather tranquil and peaceful place prior to the Orc invasions and the Scourge.
    *shrug* Nn-mm.

I figured it might've been the imploding Well of Eternity. According to Jinyu legend, water from all over the world flowed to Pandaria - if that's even somewhat true, then water from the Well of Eternity flowed to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. And the Vale has been likened to Sholazar and Un'Goro, so possibly water flowed there as well.

I see these lesser places of power as 'satellite wells' to the great Well of Eternity placed in the center of the world. The Sundering would have cut off their primary source of power, leaving them lessened, with the Vale being the most powerful one that remains.

Perhaps something especially bad happened to the well in Tirisfal. It went stagnant, or become corrupted some other way. Maybe the first elf settlers had a few badnicks amongst them who found it, mucked with it, and then hushed it up and convinced everyone to clear out, and it settled down in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    'course, there's plenty to do still before we wrap up every dangling plot thread. As people have said, there's the Emerald Dream, Azshara and her sunken kingdom (I wonder what she's going to do with Neptulon's power... hmm, I don't know, maybe raise some shit?!).
    As long as it isn't literally... People have pointed out often enough by now that raising stuff to the surface would be an idiot move for the Naga. Now, trying to drag a few things down to their level, on the other hand...

Deleted
    Biggest mysterie of all, HOW WAS AZEROTH CREATED!?
    Last edited by mmoccb63d9f879; 2013-02-22 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulanjin View Post
    Biggest mysterie of all, HOW WAS AZEROTH CREATED!?
    It's a Titan Egg. /sage nod

I kid I kid please don't lynch me ;(

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It's a Titan Egg. /sage nod

I kid I kid please don't lynch me ;(
    Was a Titan egg. And now it's an omelet D: