Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?
    It is you that has no idea what you are talking about.

We have to win two, yes TWO, battlegrounds for the legendary quest. Hardly forcing us into PvP, you can get it done in less than one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvPers have to do way more PvE get their legendary stuff then PvEers have to do PvP. I don't even get why this is a complaint from a PvE perspective. If anything, it should be the other side complaining, since they are stuck doing LFR for weeks and weeks.

The reality is, it's a legendary quest that yields good rewards for for PvPers and PvEers, so it's not out of line to have requirements across multiple aspects of the game. None of the requirements are especially labourious, just time consuming, so frankly I don't think there is merit to anyone whining on any side of things. This is the most accessible legendary quest chain the game has ever had. People should be fuckin' rejoicing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tziva View Post
    pvpers have to do way more pve get their legendary stuff then pveers have to do pvp. I don't even get why this is a complaint from a pve perspective. If anything, it should be the other side complaining, since they are stuck doing lfr for weeks and weeks.

The reality is, it's a legendary quest that yields good rewards for for pvpers and pveers, so it's not out of line to have requirements across multiple aspects of the game. None of the requirements are especially labourious, just time consuming, so frankly i don't think there is merit to anyone whining on any side of things. This is the most accessible legendary quest chain the game has ever had. People should be fuckin' rejoicing.

Joy to the world...the legendary is here.

EDIT: I hate you caps.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's just you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    PvPers have to do way more PvE get their legendary stuff then PvEers have to do PvP. I don't even get why this is a complaint from a PvE perspective. If anything, it should be the other side complaining, since they are stuck doing LFR for weeks and weeks.

The reality is, it's a legendary quest that yields good rewards for for PvPers and PvEers, so it's not out of line to have requirements across multiple aspects of the game. None of the requirements are especially labourious, just time consuming, so frankly I don't think there is merit to anyone whining on any side of things. This is the most accessible legendary quest chain the game has ever had. People should be fuckin' rejoicing.
    ^This. /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It's easier for PVEers to go into random BGs and get two wins than it is for PVPers to do 4-6 months of PVE just to get a bloody gem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    It's easier for PVEers to go into random BGs and get two wins than it is for PVPers to do 4-6 months of PVE just to get a bloody gem.
    Two wrongs dont make a right. Neither type of player should be forced into doing a type of gaming they dont want to do. Nobody wins when it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Two wrongs dont make a right. Neither type of player should be forced into doing a type of gaming they dont want to do. Nobody wins when it happens.
    We get that. He's just pointing out what's easier. Oh and let's also make note for PVE's PVPer's don't want us in there. They're...very critical.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Take a look at Mage changes and it'll prove you right even further.

IW being dispellable is the last nail in the coffin for them pulling full retard. IW now will simply remove the 6% damage if you use it since it will be dispelled almost instantly in high-skill matches.
    The other 2 90 talents offer some counter play in exchange for the damage. IW was pretty much free damage if the opposing team even so much as touches you. It's still going to be free damage if the opposing team doesn't have reliable and frequent offensive dispels.

I love how related this is to the thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I hate pvp.. can't stand it.. even rolled on a rp server to avoid it as much as possible... yet this legendary PVE quest made me PVP... I even got kicked twice from trying to do the bgs because I had zero pvp gear...Yeah that was fun... not. PvP and PvE should be seperate and optional to both parties...

10+ Year Old Account
    Was looking at the front page today when I saw this little gem.

Meta-gems and Trinkets
    - All of the PvE Legendary meta-gems, the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen and Rune of Re-Origination now have a reduced chance to proc against players. We're not crazy about hidden penalties like this, but we don't want PvP players to feel obligated to pursue these raid items in order to stay competitive.

(Source) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=48#953

So.. they don't want PvP players to have to PvE. Yet they have no issues with making PvE players PvP for the legendary when they have to do this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389 (or the horde equivalent).

Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?

I think its just you, perhaps you should invest the time to grasp the concept that its a legendary quest... not a PVE or PVP quest... but a LEGENDARY... which means you should go above and beyond the normal quest to complete it... and if that means a PVE player needs to do a little PVP then good.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Meta-gems and Trinkets
    - All of the PvE Legendary meta-gems, the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen and Rune of Re-Origination now have a reduced chance to proc against players. We're not crazy about hidden penalties like this, but we don't want PvP players to feel obligated to pursue these raid items in order to stay competitive.

So.. they don't want PvP players to have to PvE. Yet they have no issues with making PvE players PvP for the legendary when they have to do this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389 (or the horde equivalent).

You're just bitching for the sake of bitching here. If you're a so-called "PVE player," then how does PVE legendary gems having a different proc chance against real players affect you in the least? It doesn't -- stop whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    You are absolutely right there.

But correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the legendary questline quite useless for PvP players so far? The PvP weapons have such a huge amount of PvP Power that the sha-touched gem is worthless in comparison (at least that's what I'm led to believe, I'm not keeping up with PvP stuff a lot).
    And now we also know that the legendary meta gem will have reduced proc chances against players to discourage the use in PvP (this is in addition to already losing resilience and power from the new Tyrannical gem, and the fact that the legendary metas require an item level that doesn't exist in PvP yet).

I am not claiming to be an expert on the subject or anything of that kind, but when comparing the PvP items to the PvE items affected by the legendary quest, it seems the legendaries are quite worthless.

Edit: just to clear any possible confusions, I am refering to the fact that it's harder for a PvP player to get the quests done due to the massive amount of PvE. I still firmly believe that two battlegrounds for a quest hardly qualifies as a valid comparison to complain about needing to PvP for PvE stuff.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-23 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Meta-gems and Trinkets

Not all that interested in hearing about PvE players needing to do two bgs when PvP players had to farm heroics / LFR to get weapons until they could unlock conq weps.

Got to agree with other people, not really seeing the issue here. It's not the same at all. Even assuming you get unlucky with the 2 bg wins, it still takes far less time than getting the sigils, rep or valor. Simple fact is, most the quest line for the legendary requires PvE. 2 bg wins is easy mode. Imagine if they made you grind 6k conquest as well, then you'd have a reason to complain maybe
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I hate pvp.. can't stand it.. even rolled on a rp server to avoid it as much as possible... yet this legendary PVE quest made me PVP... I even got kicked twice from trying to do the bgs because I had zero pvp gear...Yeah that was fun... not. PvP and PvE should be seperate and optional to both parties...
    You can't get kicked from random BGs. Only way someone can force you out is by reporting you AFK, and that debuff is cleared as soon as you enter combat with someone.

Deleted
    2 battlegrounds. You will survive, young padawan.

Deleted
    Just another person who is only focused on a small part of the game and who can not accept that there is more to it than just PvE or PvP...

Move along, people. Nothing new to see here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Winning two BGs =/= Doing all of the Legendary Questline

Winning two BGs =/= Farming a raid instance for possibly weeks

Anyone else starting to think that the players bitch before having a clue what they are bitching about, or is it just me?
    People complain for the sake of complaining, Blizzard will never win.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-23 at 09:04 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I still can`t believe people complain about having to win two BGs

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't call it *Fullretard* Then again I'm a bit more mature then that.
    It utterly destroys the design philosophy of IW and makes all 3 of our talent choices pointless in PvP. IW was the only choice we had and now we have none. It makes literally no sense to do this.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.