Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Those who are that eager to find adjectives to undermine them won't stop if the party cuts ties to the religious right or takes any other action suggested in this thread.

All this thread is is a bunch of unsatisfy-able (with respect to the Republican Party) detractors daring the Republican Party to appease them even though they know full well they would never support the party. In other words, just your every day begs-the-question circle jerk.
    Except this thread isn't filled with people "eager to find adjectives to undermine" the Republican party. I think the two party system works. It has its problems, like any system, but it works. I want the Republican party to be a viable option that counters the Democratic party.

And I don't want to them to appease people. I want a legitimate change to occur within the Republican base. Kick out the religious nuts, the science deniers, and anyone that talks about abortion. It's a good start.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

The most important right now is TIME.

The Bush administration has left quite possibly the largest lasting negative derp that's destined for the history books. People who lived through that time are not going to want to ever risk that time ever again.

Second thing is FEAR

They seriously need to stop the fearmongering. Stop encouraging this pro-American chestbeating via fear-based doctrines about Religion, guns, immigrants, other cultures, gay marriages, ect... it's just making the Republicans sound like old outdated savages who are afraid. All of the race issues, marriage issues, cultural issues that the Republicans have would go away if they JUST focused on the original ideals about some of the economic issues.

Basically the Repubs are hijacked by an incredibly fear-based idealists who need to be replaced... RIGHT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Sudden? Gerrymandering has been going on for decades. And can you show me a chart of new spending by the last, oh I don't know, 10 presidents? We can take a look at who is spending the least? Yes/No? Or does your diatribe not fit reality?
    It's been going on for decades by both sides. Mostly because once the census is completed a new redistricting is on the table. "Suddenly" is some sort of conspiracy that the republicans who control the majority of states decided not to take urban areas and redistricc them out in bizarre lines to alter the voting bloc of the suburbs and rural areas.

For the last part, well why don't you define spending. Be careful to check motherjones to find out the most deceptive way to present it. Spending is at an all time high... Then again, it should always be at an all time high. But, the deficits are insane... beyond insane and we got Barry chanting "spend spend spend".
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless View Post
    It's funny how you cite 'peer reviewed' sources without actually providing them.

The 'climategate' thing was entirely fabricated by climate change deniers. Much of what was reported was deliberately taken out of context, and comprised an exchange of ideas and not conclusions.

You don't even name the supposedly 'noted scientists' who sign the things you try and cite, just assert that they are 'noted.'
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...arming-crisis/ would like for you to read one of the paragraphs from that article which explains why you have been given wrong information on climate change

"Another interesting aspect of this new survey is that it reports on the beliefs of scientists themselves rather than bureaucrats who often publish alarmist statements without polling their member scientists. We now have meteorologists, geoscientists and engineers all reporting that they are skeptics of an asserted global warming crisis, yet the bureaucrats of these organizations frequently suck up to the media and suck up to government grant providers by trying to tell us the opposite of what their scientist members actually believe."

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Answer the question Oblivion, I have no patience for your nonsense.

Do you think climate scientists are qualified to design bridges?

Because you seem to think engineers are qualified to make statements on the validity of climate science.
    It's always like you think you have some "mastermind" question that requires some direct answer for you to mock. I gave you an answer, why don't you instead focus on decrying it.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    "Suddenly" is some sort of conspiracy that the republicans who control the majority of states decided not to take urban areas and redistricc them out in bizarre lines to alter the voting bloc of the suburbs and rural areas.
    Well, we've gone from you denying that they gerrymandered the shit out of the districts to acknowledging that it's pretty obvious, but still saying that people who mention the obvious are conspiracy theorists. I guess that's progress. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, we've gone from you denying that they gerrymandered the shit out of the districts to acknowledging that it's pretty obvious, but still saying that people who mention the obvious are conspiracy theorists. I guess that's progress. Sort of.
    Progress, true progress would have been gerrymandering the states only to fit YOUR agenda. /nods

2+2=5

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    This is a great example of what Republicans need to do in order to become relevant again. They need to understand and embrace science and scientific theory. I'm not going to discuss it further due to derailment, but seriously, stop lying to the public about science related topics.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/Climate_science_opinion2.png/729px-Climate_science_opinion2.png[img]
    There's a quote I really love in relation to this post:

"The beautiful thing about Science is that it doesn't care wether you believe its true or not"

It's always like you think you have some "mastermind" question that requires some direct answer for you to mock. I gave you an answer, why don't you instead focus on decrying it.
    Your answer was about as useful as saying, "yeah, I'd let them build the bridges if the other option was T. rexes!". It was a plainly obfiscatory answer, designed to avoid the question rather than answering.

Do you think it's useful to ask people who have no scientific expertise in a field about that field?

I don't follow your math.
    Obama got 65,899,557 votes. Romney got 60,931,959 votes. Over 100,000,000 people didn't vote. Also I personally know several conservatives that were refusing to vote for Romney for a myriad of reasons.

The point is when the republicans are getting 30% of the popular vote then this thread will be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    And I don't want to them to appease people. I want a legitimate change to occur within the Republican base. Kick out the religious nuts, the science deniers, and anyone that talks about abortion. It's a good start.
    Speaking purely about political consequences, don't you think they'd lose a lot of their voting base if they did this?

You cited engineers on climate science. While that's an improvement over citing O'Keefe its still not meaningful. I'm a graphic designer, can I offer my professional opinion on the subject as well?

It's been going on for decades by both sides. Mostly because once the census is completed a new redistricting is on the table. "Suddenly" is some sort of conspiracy that the republicans who control the majority of states decided not to take urban areas and redistricc them out in bizarre lines to alter the voting bloc of the suburbs and rural areas.

For the last part, well why don't you define spending. Be careful to check motherjones to find out the most deceptive way to present it. Spending is at an all time high... Then again, it should always be at an all time high. But, the deficits are insane... beyond insane and we got Barry chanting "spend spend spend".
    Barry isn't chanting 'spend spend spend'. Obama has done less new spending than any other president since before Reagan. You know, that guy who the republicans hold up as a deity who started this whole deficit spending thing while cutting taxes?

And yes, Gerrymandering has been going on for decades. And one side does it a lot more than the other, as you have been shown multiple times in this thread. You keep using the false equivalency thing to try to claim that both sides are both just as guilty as the other. It is the same conservative mindset of black and white and nothing else that causes massive problems with governments.

Progress, true progress would have been gerrymandering the states only to fit YOUR agenda. /nods

2+2=5
    I don't know what this reply is even supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    -snip-
    heres the thing; coal has been around a lot longer and is much more used. of course its going to have a wider effect.
    if we completely eliminate coal and replace it with nuclear the potential for accidents and corruption goes up and up.

The racism and sexism arguments basically make themselves.
    As do all arguments that beg the question, lol.

I don't know what this reply is even supposed to mean.
    I think he's saying math is a liberal lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I think he's saying math is a liberal lie.
    HAH! That's almost sig-worthy! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Romney wasnt that bad, and in fact I think what cost him the most votes was not him at all but these ultra right candidates going off on Abortion and Rape.

Though I do believe Christie could easily Sweep Biden or Clinton in 2016 at this point. Especially if he went on a diet.
    Christie has quite the temper. He doesn't take criticism too well and if you don't grow thick skin, it's hard to run a national campaign.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To all of the people that think that religion is what drives the social arguments that come from the republican party is mistaken. Most hold common sense when the liberal media doesn't taint it.

Wasn't there a democrat that told college women to piss on themselves in the case of being raped? I wonder how the media would of reacted of Todd Akin or Murdoch said that.

The left gets away with so much more then the right it's frivolous