Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    A blue level 90 item should be ilvl 90 with epics being 91/96'ish idealy
    they messed up their own system with TBC

- You had ilvl's in naxxramas 40 of about 80ish (???)
    - So if they had made the level experience to level 80 instead of level 70, you'd 'outlevel' your own gear level and non of these problems would exsist!
    Yeah, the whole reason they made the margin between expansions so big is because people were able to steamroll through new content with old-expansion gear, a good example of this is guilds fully clearing wrath naxx in T6 gear not long after release iirc.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    If I'm wrong please explain where. I don't want to spread misinformation. (This reads snippily in my head, but it's meant to be friendly)
    Ok, percentages don't work that way (well they do, but not for absolute numbers, only relative numbers).
    Because soloing is such a big argument, I'll use that to explain.
    Right now we are able to solo because the characters are absolutely and relatively a lot stronger. Using ilvls that would be 60 for MC and 500 for current raids. Bringing both down by 90% MC would be equal to ilvl 6 and current raids to 50. Relatively the character is still 8.5x as strong as the MC ilvl, but absolutely he's only 44 ilvls ahead now, bringing him down to BC levels in terms of strength. (Besides, just bringing down everything by 90% would mean level ones would be hitting for 0.2)

However that was not what Blizzard showed us, they showed us that everything from Classic would stay as it is and the rest would get scaled down linearly. The graph only shows up to lvl 85, but it clearly shows that the absolute power the characters would be left with is roughly T6 levels. Didn't see many people soloing MC with T6. Sure, we would have the benefit of even higher levels which also grant a bit power, but that's only a fraction of the characters strength as gear gives about all the stats we have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I'm so sick of this topic. They opted to go for the "mega damage" solution, ie putting k/m at the end of numbers for the time being and will do a squish if players ask for it. that said I am against it, because it's gonna basically throw away years of progress, getting stronger over time and getting better gear all down the drain with the push of a button so to speak.
    You would still need better gear ?
    Soon as an expo hits all gear prior is pretty wasted aswell.

Do you think an item squish means you'll be killing current content with lvl 70 gear ? (Hint, previous gear would be scaled back aswell, just as npc's...)

And you would again be in the hamster wheel trying to get upgrades.

I dont see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It's all about the backside calculations. It takes more processing power to continually calculate larger numbers... Or so I am told. I think that's where it gets "worse" as the numbers go up.

Technically, it also makes soloing older content effortless for anyone. with the health pools we all have... low level raids are trivial (not to say they weren't trival before) but now everyone can do it. Some would say that it "strips" the fun out of the encounter. Personally, I don't mind the larger numbers. of course, in the end, if everything i son the same scale, the difference between 350k HP on a player and 350 HP on a player is no different.
    Numbers right now and in the near future wont be a problem for any players computer nor the blizzard servers, our computers are able to handle much much larger numbers without problem.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    well alright but that doens't really change the point i was trying to make
    the experience needed per level was bumped up GREATLY with TBC. If they would've been able to reduce xp needed per level make outland a lil. larger and bump the level cap to 100 it would've been the solution

we would been like level 220 now tho :P
    But those ??? makes it look like you're uninformed

And that would be likely if you look back at the chart from the dev watercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post

Do you think an item squish means you'll be killing current content with lvl 70 gear ? (Hint, previous gear would be scaled back aswell, just as npc's...)

I dont see the point.
    My point is I spent years progressing my character through different raids/content and progressively getting stronger, and now all of a sudden im back down to say tbc level health/power and it will feel like a massive nerf regardless of what people say. Even blizz themselves said it feels so wrong going from hitting 40k to hitting 400(or around there, dont quote me on that).

Deleted
    Just use lvl 1 daggers and gear problem fixed (youre welcome!)

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    If you reduce the stat pool of every entity in the game, including players, by 90%, nothing would change beyond a cleaner looking combat log.

Numbers feel a little silly right now. I was disappointed that they didn't do the squish for MoP.
    Which is not what the item squish is.

The item squish is NOT a linear reduction of every single mob and player in WoW by 90%, which is what you and other dont understand. They wont make lvl 1 players with 10 hp.

According to Blizzard's proposal, nothing would change up to lvl 60, absolutely nothing, and from there on, the growth would scale linearly instead of exponentially.

That means, all the lvl 70 players and mobs will be MORE squished than lvl 60 ones, and lvl 80 players and mobs will be MORE squished than the lvl 70 ones, etc, etc.

This, WILL affect soloing if they implement it, which is a VERY BAD idea.

I hope you and the rest still confused get it this time.

The item squish is one of the worst ideas they have had.

Deleted
    Numbers right now and in the near future wont be a problem for any players computer nor the blizzard servers, our computers are able to handle much much larger numbers without problem.
    Take a look at this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...ld-of-warcraft
    For min and recommended both those cpu's are from 2005/2007.

And even tho its not a problem with modern servers, there's still a cost associated with it, lower performance, less powers, smaller serverpark etc etc, its not pocket change we're talking about

I can't tell if everyone is joking around or if y'all really just completely just don't get this and have had your minds boggled. Now mobs have what like 2088k health and we do like 100k dmg in attacks. It all just percentages. And they would be reducing everything in the squish, so now on mobs our attacks do like 1% of its health or 2% or whatever, and after the squish our attacks would still do the same 1 or 2% Heals will still bring our health up the same % as always. You people are treating this like its quantum rocket science, when all it is is just to make things look neater, literally ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will change gameplay wise other than smaller numbers THAT ARE STILL THE SAME PERCENTAGES OF TOTAL HEALTH FROM BEFORE.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Item squish will never happen. They'd lose way too many subs. I'd be one of them.
    This is the dumbest WoW related thing I have ever heard. Ever. Gameplay exactly the same, but smaller numbers = I QUIT! F YO FACE BLIZZ! I CANT STAND STILL DOING THE SAME DMG, YOU BROKETHEGAMEOMGBBQWTFHAXZZZZZZ!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    I can't tell if everyone is joking around or if y'all really just completely just don't get this and have had your minds boggled. Now mobs have what like 2088k health and we do like 100k dmg in attacks. It all just percentages. And they would be reducing everything in the squish, so now on mobs our attacks do like 1% of its health or 2% or whatever, and after the squish our attacks would still do the same 1 or 2% Heals will still bring our health up the same % as always. You people are treating this like its quantum rocket science, when all it is is just to make things look neater, literally ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will change gameplay wise other than smaller numbers THAT ARE STILL THE SAME PERCENTAGES OF TOTAL HEALTH FROM BEFORE.
    Same percentages, yes, however it will for a majority of people feel like a nerf regardless of what percentage they're hitting for. Like I said before going from hitting say 40k to 500 will feel like a massive nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Blizz said the squish is inevitable, and from a programming standpoint it is.

I don't get why people assumed we'd need a 40-man raid for BC raids. They said they'd squish NPCs, too.
    From a programming standpoint, it is evitable, Blizz just needs to change Int32 variabels to Int64, which they prioobably already done, because we already have numbers over 2 billon (int32 upper limit).

Int64 upper lmit is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 , so we are really, really far away from reaching it.

Also

This is the dumbest WoW related thing I have ever heard. Ever. Gameplay exactly the same, but smaller numbers = I QUIT! F YO FACE BLIZZ! I CANT STAND STILL DOING THE SAME DMG, YOU BROKETHEGAMEOMGBBQWTFHAXZZZZZZ!!!!!
    Whoop, you're forgetting not everything in this game is equal to max level. They can't just reduce every single mob in this by the same percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    From a programming standpoint, it is evitable, Blizz just needs to change Int32 variabels to Int64, which they prioobably already done, because we already have numbers over 2 billon (int32 upper limit).

Int64 upper lmit is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 , so we are really, really far away from reaching it.
    They've already changed the boss health numbers to float so those wont be any problem for a long time.

Even blizz themselves said it feels so wrong going from hitting 40k to hitting 400
    They also said that it will inevitably be necessary at some point in the future because exponential growth is unsustainable. When that point comes is debatable. It might be the next expansion. It might be 5 expansions from now. But eventually the numbers WILL have to be readjusted down. And the longer they put it off, the more painful and weird it is going to feel.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    They also said that it will inevitably be necessary at some point in the future because exponential growth is unsustainable. When that point comes is debatable. It might be the next expansion. It might be 5 expansions from now. But eventually the numbers WILL have to be readjusted down. And the longer they put it off, the more painful and weird it is going to feel.
    They did, yes, but they're putting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post

I dont see the point.
    Hint: previous content will be squished less than current one, so you wont be able to solo as much as you solo one.

You didnt understand the proposal in the first place and you are talking about things you dont understand.

What else can they do? let us run around using items with 50k stam, tanks with 10m hp, people critting 5,000,000? woooho i just got my ilvl 2943 weapon

Numbers in this game don't bother me in the slightest. I enjoy the sense of large growth in my character, much more so than before.

Also

You are the one that doesnt get it.

They WILL NOT be reducing everything by a constant %. They will reduce players and mobs OF THE SAME LEVEL the same amount, so you will stay as powerful to the SAME LEVEL content.

But older content will eb squished less than more recent one, and actually things up to lvl 60 wont be squished at all.

THAT was the proposal, so please, inform yourself betetr before trying to tell others that they dont understand.

Lvl 1 characters wont end up with 10 hp hitting for 0.2 damage, think, use your brain before writing.