Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ya i think what people meant was that if you farm trash, you can get to 1 point under friendly, then 1 boss kill will push you past. if u dont farm trash and raid normally, youll get friendly with the 3rd boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya i think what people meant was that if you farm trash, you can get to 1 point under friendly, then 1 boss kill will push you past. if u dont farm trash and raid normally, youll get friendly with the 3rd boss
    I remember reading somewhere that there would be no trashfarming similar to Firelands or ICC. It was my understanding that the trash didn't yield reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that there would be no trashfarming similar to Firelands or ICC. It was my understanding that the trash didn't yield reputation.
    in ICC you could have farmed trash all the way to exalted. thats what they didnt want happening in this new raid. so now the trash is capped at 1 point under friendly. after that trash wont give you anymore rep, only boss kills will.

Deleted
    in ICC you could have farmed trash all the way to exalted. thats what they didnt want happening in this new raid. so now the trash is capped at 1 point under friendly. after that trash wont give you anymore rep, only boss kills will.
    Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly..
    If I were to go and farm myself to 1 point under friendly, I would get to exalted 3 boss kills earlier than I would if I didn't bother farming to friendly at all (provided that I did my reputation grind by weekly guild raiding, without any trash farming for rep).

I'll rent a neck so I don't waste vp as I hit LFR to get friendly -- buy a ring and bracers then return the neck. Then after first week of lfr/normal I'll either get (or keep) the neck or the trinket depending on what I get from lfr/normal.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly..
    If I were to go and farm myself to 1 point under friendly, I would get to exalted 3 boss kills earlier than I would if I didn't bother farming to friendly at all (provided that I did my reputation grind by weekly guild raiding, without any trash farming for rep).
    idk how long its gonna take to get exalted but put it like this :

raid comes out, you have 2 options.

OPTION A : farm trash until 1 point under friendly(lets say neutral is 1000 rep, so you would be 999 rep with trash), kill 1 boss and be however many rep INTO friendly.

OPTION B : clear however much trash there is to get to each boss without doing any extra trash, youll be however many rep INTO friendly AFTER you kill the 3rd boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'll rent a neck so I don't waste vp as I hit LFR to get friendly -- buy a ring and bracers then return the neck. Then after first week of lfr/normal I'll either get (or keep) the neck or the trinket depending on what I get from lfr/normal.
    LFR won't be out for the first week, from what I understood.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems for us valor-capped folk our only options are to buy the neck on patch day so we're not sitting on overcapped valor with boss kills, then kill bosses to get enough rep to buy the friendly/honored pieces and hope we don't get more than 1250 valor on the first night of raiding?
    Last edited by SaltLakeAtrocity; 2013-03-04 at 09:58 PM.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

LFR won't be out for the first week, from what I understood.
    Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Oh well.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    So it seems for us valor-capped folk our only options are to buy the neck on patch day so we're not sitting on overcapped valor with boss kills, then kill bosses to get enough rep to buy the friendly/honored pieces and hope we don't get more than 1250 valor on the first night of raiding?
    Don't worry, you won't get 1250 VP (there's still 1k weekly cap). If you are capped and need bracers, trinket or ring, you should buy the necklace and sell it back once you have hitted Friendly and bought bracers/trinket/ring.
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2013-03-04 at 11:42 PM.

Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm that Hit/Mastery neck has got my attention. Being full BiS T14 (+Spirit ring, lulz) has some advantages, I guess.

Deleted
    Probably ring as it is highest ilvl upgrade, but depends on drops during normal clear.

Ring for me, then trinket, neck last.

Made some calculations and if I want most dps per Valor Point, I should go for 1. Trinket 2. Ring 3. Neck.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Don't worry, you won't get 1250 VP (there's still 1k weekly cap). If you are capped and need bracers, trinket or ring, you should buy the necklace and sell it back once you have hitted Friendly and bought bracers/trinket/ring.
    id be buying neckpiece anyway, no problem.

My only issue is due to IRL stuff, i will only be able to raid on the last of our guild's three days of raiding for the first week of patch. Looking at potential worst-case scenarios, theoretically its possible that three bosses won't be killed that day. And I'll have to valor cap for that week, putting me just 250 under hard cap. Then go into the next week with absolutely nothing to spend the valor on until we raid due to not meeting rep requirements, and then at the mercy of my guild have to chose to try and stop everyone's progress to spend my stuff or sit on overcapped wasted valor.

first world problems
    Last edited by SaltLakeAtrocity; 2013-03-05 at 08:19 PM.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

I'll probably be headed for the ring first, Gotta get rid of that thing thats holding my gear score down
    Cyner#1996

Deleted
    you can also farm trash till 1 point under friendly and then do a 5man dungeon with shado pan assault selected for bonus rep.
    so no need to kill a boss to get the items that require friendly

Can't select Shado Pan Assault for bonus rep, but you can surpass friendly with the rep reward from finishing all the dailies, which I got after hitting 2999 from trash farming. I'll be Valor capped this week so I'm getting the trinket and ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Can't select Shado Pan Assault for bonus rep, but you can surpass friendly with the rep reward from finishing all the dailies, which I got after hitting 2999 from trash farming. I'll be Valor capped this week so I'm getting the trinket and ring.
    did you kill 1 boss yet

rumor has you only need 1 boss to reach friendly cus of rp event doesnt even required to trash farm
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I have not killed any bosses, just trash farmed and finished up dailies to get the rep reward.