Darksiders 1 or 2?

Heya.

Pretty simple question. I'm thinking of buying a Darksiders game, as I've never played one. I've heard the two are fairly different in a number of ways, so which one would you guys suggest I go for? What are the main significant differences between the two games which might change how I enjoy or experience them differently?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Well for starters, they are both on offer on Steam right now. You can get them both for for only 22 euros total (or equivalent value in your own currency), whereas the first game is usually 20 euros.

I honestly can't elaborate more than that, as I've not played the second one. Just thought I'd pitch in with the sale.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Are the games any different (for better or worse) on console or computer? If there are no major differences, then I'd actually rather play whichever I get on the PS3. I imagine I can get used copies fairly cheap, but I have limited time these days to play, so instead of trying both I'd quite like to know which most people would recommend.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Please use the existing sticky to get game suggestions.