Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shoot to kill, ALWAYS shoot to kill. If I feel like a gun is needed, than it is either he runs fast as hell, or he dies.
    You think I'm going to aim for his arm so I can miss and this fucking delinquent can kill my family? You think he would have remorse doing it? and he is the one breaking into MY house.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Shoot to kill, the dead can't sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherhack View Post
    Shoot to kill, the dead can't sue.
    If there's a case for wrongful death the family can.

Shoot to kill. Having had someone break into my apt when my wife was home alone before......yeah no chances will be taken. Free red coat of paint for the wall.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    The only options are to SHOOT but to hurt or to kill. I think the OP with his question try's to up a hypothetical question which we're forced to use a gun (because someone's breaking in). Actually I would put down the Gun. I'd dial the police and my alarm would go off scaring the person trying to break in away. That's my answer.
    You HOPE your alarm would scare them off. Fixed for you.

The only options are to SHOOT but to hurt or to kill. I think the OP with his question try's to up a hypothetical question which we're forced to use a gun (because someone's breaking in). Actually I would put down the Gun. I'd dial the police and my alarm would go off scaring the person trying to break in away. That's my answer.
    im not sure what is more rediculous here, the fact you trust that your alarm would "scare off" a determined attacker/burglar, or the fact that you actually believe the police will be there to help you before something bad happens.

Why are people so afraid to take their lives and safety into their own hands? Why would you actually trust someone that has to leave the station, get in their car, and drive to wherever you are to protect you.

I just think of that Jackie Chan meme whenever i hear this. Do you actually not value your life enough to defend it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If an intruder is in your home and has either A) a knife OR b) a gun, and looks threatening, would you shoot to kill, or shoot to injure him?

On one hand, you have an intruder who has broken the law and is in your home. Your sanctuary. Your refuge from the storm of life if you will. Your wife, children, and pets are now in jeopardy, to say nothing of your valuables.

On the other hand you have another life, who may just be in need of food and shelter. If you shot to injure, you could get him a nice longish hospital stay to get free meals, get treated to his wounds, and have shelter for awhile.

If you shot to kill, you would have to live with that for the rest of your life.

What do you do?
    Shoot to kill. Because you know if he survives he WILL sue you and, considering how f*d up our legal system is, he would probably win and get all of your stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    If only the US would try and do something to help the people in Mexico. They're next door and it's like they don't even care. To clarify I live in the US, not bashing the US as a whole, just the government.
    We have problems of our own.

that chance of dieing from a bullet in the torso is werry low, actually. you have to be lucky and hit a vital organ if you want to kill him. Outside of hitting his heart, we will most likely survive if he gets meddical aid within the first few hours.
    It all depends on the caliber, type of slug, and the amount of grain being used.

People saying things like "In the military it's shoot to kill" I know we like to play pretend but things are different there. Pretty sure your house isn't the same. Too many FPS games. You gonna jump down the stairs and 360 no scope him too?
    Why is it whenever someone suggests that their life and the lives of their family are important enough to protect with lethal force, some idiot like you comes along spouting a logical fallacy equating self defense to a FPS video game?

Infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had the skill necessary, I would always shoot to injure. (if the guy is holding a knife, I'd shoot on his hand and/or on his knee, for example)
    But I don't have any moral problem with people that would shoot to kill. Your house, your rules.

Because you know if he survives he WILL sue you and, considering how f*d up our legal system is, he would probably win and get all of your stuff anyway.
    I believe that the legal system should be fixed, in that sense. People must have the right to protect their own property.
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2013-02-28 at 02:47 PM.

All these people saying they would empty a clip just hurts me. Its called a MAGAZINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    The law in my country requires you to fire a warning shot before you shoot the intruder.
    The law in my country says warning shots are irresponsible and illegal

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were going to shoot an intruder, I'd shoot to kill. But I don't think I'm ever likely to be a gun owner, so it's irrelevant.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    It all depends on the caliber, type of slug, and the amount of grain being used.
    Semi-Auto 12 Gauge with 00-Buck. Forget the birdshot, 5 Shells of 00 to the chest will almost certainly kill the intruder. That's how I roll.

To anyone saying that it's wrong to shoot someone over property or whatever, because it disrespects life, I disagree.

A) I don't know why they are in my house, but they certainly aren't there out of charity and the goodness in their hearts. Anyone that is desperate enough to break into someones house isn't thinking with a full deck of cards, and I perceive that as an immediate threat to my life. People who are desperate are threatening and dangerous, desperate people do crazy things, I won't take that risk.

B) Why should I respect his life? The intruder certainly isn't respecting mine. Things like my car etc. are my livelihood. If I lose that I lose the ability to support myself, etc. Also, how did I acquire my property? By working for it. How did I work for it? By spending my time working for it. Time isn't free and we all only have so much of it. In other words I traded part of my lifetime to acquire those goods, so if someone is trying to steal my property they are in essence trying to take part of my life. I won't let that happen, I won't let a scumbag take part of my lifetime away from me. If he dies in the process, oh well that's just a tough break for him, maybe he shouldn't have broken into another man's home.
    Last edited by ewhenn; 2013-02-28 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    not really not at all.
    Why not? It's quite possible to kill someone with a punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    All these people saying they would empty a clip just hurts me. Its called a MAGAZINE!
    People that say such things should never own a firearm.

Maybe you can talk them to death. Appeal to their humanity. That should work. Its not like they have already decided to disregard the law and decent behavior in order to bring crime, larceny and violence into your home.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    If I had the skill necessary, I would always shoot to injure. (if the guy is holding a knife, I'd shoot on his hand and/or on his knee, for example)I believe that the legal system should be fixed, in that sense. People must have the right to protect their own property.
    Shoot him in the hand huh?

You are unbelievably naive if you think you can hit a moving target in the hand or knee with a pistol. Very skilled marksman could do that reliably, but anyone with that degree of proficiency would know that shooting to maim is a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoot them in the largest part of their body. Trying to aim for a limb on a moving target isn't worth the risk.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shoot to kill is the only answer. Trying to wound a target, especially if you are a novice, is more likely to get you killed than disabling the intruder. If someone breaks into my house I have to assume they are looking to steal what I have or cause harm to my family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    People that say such things should never own a firearm.
    But what if it's a stripper clip for their Mauser?

Granted, that'd be a terrible weapon for home defense...

Deleted
    I'm big on the whole crazy-whack anarc-shit injuries thing