Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but no good players think monks are currently fine. Also there are both buffs and nerfs for monks in 5.2
    A few classes are stupid OP, and have been since MoP hit, despite some attempts to reign them in. Do you honestly think people are going to decide against playing said classes to Gladiator in a season, in favor of playing a class that is not currently OP? Furthermore, do you think they are going to agree that Monk's are fine if they know that refusing to play them will cause Blizzard to buff them?

If anything, Blizzard should be bringing every class in line with Monks and not giving Monks ANY buffs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    You put way too much faith in devs. The thing is the buffs were needed but they aren't going to be so good that you will see tons more. It all comes down to people wanting monks in comps. It's still going to be why play with a monk when u can bring (insert better class here).
    Faith in the devs? They have flat out told us MULTIPLE times on how they plan to go about balancing monks. They have chosen to start small and build up rather than start huge and scale down. Monks have been around for 1 patch, I'm willing to give them a few more before we start asking for their heads on a pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    There was no lfd when wrath came out. You still found your groups mostly by /1 lf people xy dungeon and quests
    So yes its entire possible to go into the instance with 5 dks.
    You also still had to travel to the instance :P

If a class has such low representation then it cant be fine. As stated above the reroll is no argument. People dont care about the effort if its worth. It just seems there is no reason to reroll and people see their own class above monks. If its justified or not is another point. But that still means monks arent fine in terms of representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    There was no lfd when wrath came out. You still found your groups mostly by /1 lf people xy dungeon and quests
    So yes its entire possible to go into the instance with 5 dks.
    You also still had to travel to the instance :P

If a class has such low representation then it cant be fine. As stated above the reroll is no argument. People dont care about the effort if its worth. It just seems there is no reason to reroll and people see their own class above monks. If its justified or not is another point. But that still means monks arent fine in terms of representation.
    Ah yeah. I were just being too sleepy to realise what expansion he talked about.
    I never went with pugs back then, so i never saw much to them, except in pvp.

How low is "such low representation"?
    just being a lower than average representation doesn't mean a class is bound to be weak, though. Rogues complained for ages about it too, and they're hardly weak in pvp. Specially not with the new buffs
    Rogues were very low in cata before DS. Even when they got legendaries thrown in the neck with a minimum of effort, it didn't go that much up. Hard to give people more reason to reroll, and yet people didn't do that a lot.
    Of course the amount went up, but not to 50% of the population as it should be with that logic.

People might want to do it if they got a fully geared char thrown in the face, but it looks like most actually are too lazy to start a new character each time another is better than their current one.
    Glads might, but it's not really the average player, and they will only go for the best in that case, so if they're not in top 3 you won't see them roll monk.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Faith in the devs? They have flat out told us MULTIPLE times on how they plan to go about balancing monks. They have chosen to start small and build up rather than start huge and scale down. Monks have been around for 1 patch, I'm willing to give them a few more before we start asking for their heads on a pike.
    Lets pump the breaks here. All I'm saying is that I've been playing this game since launch and what they tell us has a tendency to never make it's way into the game exactly how they say it will. Why are there specs in pvp that are complete garbage still after 8 years? Blizz makes tons of empty promises so just because they say they are going to balance it correctly doesn't mean they actually will.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    A few classes are stupid OP, and have been since MoP hit, despite some attempts to reign them in. Do you honestly think people are going to decide against playing said classes to Gladiator in a season, in favor of playing a class that is not currently OP? Furthermore, do you think they are going to agree that Monk's are fine if they know that refusing to play them will cause Blizzard to buff them?

If anything, Blizzard should be bringing every class in line with Monks and not giving Monks ANY buffs at all.
    While I agree with what you are saying, blizzard will never do that. They honestly believe they are going into the right direction giving every class thousands of different types of cc and 100k+ offheals with one spell. They go ahead and make it so CS and spell lock don't blanket and they go ahead days later and revert. They have no clue what they want to do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    They have flat out told Ret Paladins for years they plan to balance them. So yes you put too much faith in what devs say, They never have come through I don't think they ever will. While they might be trying to avoid the same thing that happened with DK's I see that as more of an excuse because Monks are nowhere near where DK's were in wotlk or currently are in mop.

If they ever fix them it's not going to be anytime soon.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-03-03 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

While I agree with what you are saying, blizzard will never do that. They honestly believe they are going into the right direction giving every class thousands of different types of cc and 100k+ offheals with one spell. They go ahead and make it so CS and spell lock don't blanket and they go ahead days later and revert. They have no clue what they want to do
    And that's precisely why myself and others refuse to take level capped pvp seriously. I heard about the MMR changes and the catch up system for alts and people who don't play hardcore, and I was almost excited. But then I remembered that Blizzard can't balance the game in the first place, so adding new things to the game is pretty meaningless.

If Blizzard can't even understand that forcing players to participate in a heavily imbalanced environment for ~2 years without meaningful changes is a bad thing, then they are goddamn hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    And that's precisely why myself and others refuse to take level capped pvp seriously. I heard about the MMR changes and the catch up system for alts and people who don't play hardcore, and I was almost excited. But then I remembered that Blizzard can't balance the game in the first place, so adding new things to the game is pretty meaningless.

If Blizzard can't even understand that forcing players to participate in a heavily imbalanced environment for ~2 years without meaningful changes is a bad thing, then they are goddamn hopeless.
    Yeah expecting people with low Arena ratings to do an RBG every week to cap is just plain boneheaded. RBGs are absurdly elitist at every skill level, even on a huge server you can barely get into a low rated weekly cap groups unless your spec is considered viable. It's so funny how many hoped RBGs would take some of the elitism out of PvP since there should be room for many specs in a 10 man group, yet in reality RBGs only made PvP imbalances even more blatant that ever. They really should make Ring of Peace more punishing to caster dps, Ghostcrawler openly stated that melee are too weak in RBGs and then they make Ring of Peace devastating to melee, while it's just some little 3 sec silence-slap-on-the wrist for caster dps, who are already dominating RBGs... not to mention ranged don't have to be in a specific place to do their job anyway.