Poll: Do you go to bed at the same time as your wife/husband/SO?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you go to bed at the same time as your wife/husband/SO?

I am just curious as to how many people go to bed the same time as their SO does? Would you stay in a relationship if your partner always went to bed much earlier than you or stayed up much later?

My husband and I never go to bed at the same time. I go to bed at 10pm every night by choice and he usually stays up between 1-3 to play games, use the computer, watch videos etc.

No. I only sleep 2-3 hours a day and go to bed way later than she does. If we went to bed at the same time we'd probably get a divorce, both of us are highly annoyed by the other person taking up bed space.

Deleted
    I think in some cases partners don't have a choice like with work. One may need to start working at 5 am and the other at 10. It becomes kind of unavoidable.
    In my case me and my fiance go too bed almost always at the same time, But sometimes he stays up an hour longer if he wants to finish his game or whatever he's doing. I can't say im bothered by it. Sometimes it's also me who is staying up a tad longer than him and he doesen't complain either.
    In the past things have been nuts though and neither of us liked that! One of us would be sleeping in late while the other is awake early.... Kinda crap

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No. I only sleep 2-3 hours a day and go to bed way later than she does. If we went to bed at the same time we'd probably get a divorce, both of us are highly annoyed by the other person taking up bed space.
    That sounds.... Healthy?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Most of the time, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know, she closes her blinds at around ten and I cant watch her anymore. (kidding of course)
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    She goes to sleep at 10-11, I stay up to 1.30-3.00. We have no problems with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, my girlfriend goes to bed between 10-11PM and I usually an hour or two later.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That sounds.... Healthy?
    I agree, our love is eternal.

Deleted
    im full of energy with my ADHD.. so rarely doing that

Almost never! Now that the kids are away at school, he's taken a job that has him up at 6AM. I now work from home, and since most of my business dealings are with the far east - my work times are generally from 10PM-5AM, which is fine - since I prefer bed for sleeping.

before the baby, yes, usually ... after, we both get sleep whenever we can; but still manage to rest together occasionally.

Bed space isn't an issue, we have a king size, so when we want to cuddle we can, when we want space, we can both spread out no problem.

Ofc, barring any illnesses or bouts of insomnia that may alter sleeping schedules.

We go to bed at the same time most days, but sometimes he stays up later finishing his game or whatever. It goes in phases - we'll have a few weeks where I fall asleep alone every night, then a few where he comes to bed at the same time as me every day.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

Other never slept with another human.

Only when... *cough*.

Yes, my hand always goes to bed with me

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On non-raid nights yes. On raid nights, I wake her up off the couch and we go to bed. So technically on raid nights she goes to bed 2 hours before I do.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    I usually go to bed the same time as my boyfriend. Love resting my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeats before falling asleep with him holding an arm around me. Can happen that I go to bed later than him though, usually he wakes up when I do get in bed at such occassions. I hate, really hate sleeping alone, leaves me feeling vulnerable, have to sleep with my back up against a wall or on stomach when sleeping alone, spooning makes perfect for that, makes me feel safe with him behind me.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I am just curious as to how many people go to bed the same time as their SO does? Would you stay in a relationship if your partner always went to bed much earlier than you or stayed up much later?

My husband and I never go to bed at the same time. I go to bed at 10pm every night by choice and he usually stays up between 1-3 to play games, use the computer, watch videos etc.
    Exactly the same as my situation, my GF goes to bed around 10 and i stay up 1-3, I've never slept properly though so i see 10 as waaaaay to early to even fathom sleeping lol, and I'm awake at about 7:30 each morning too

My wife usually goes to bed around 10. I'll stay up until roughly midnight.

Then again, my wife needs a crazy amount of sleep. Even so far as to sleep for 12-15 hours a night on weekends.