Confused on the chi wave nerf/buff

Chi wave does 100% more damage with double the cooldown, i get that, but is the healing 14% less of what it is on live or 14% less of double the healing

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=132466/chi-wave

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=132466/chi-wave

The damage and healing is now equal in base value so it's 14% reduction on the healing part not 172% increase

Best idea Blizzard ever had. Why not nerf the one heal that was decent as regard to anti CC for Mistweavers (e.g. casting it while you get cced or inbetween cc chains). This change alone will make sure that MW won't be a viable option for arena in 5.2. All the buffs they recieve are negligible if the one thing that made MW bad for arena in the first place (anti cc / anti cc healing) gets even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    Best idea Blizzard ever had. Why not nerf the one heal that was decent as regard to anti CC for Mistweavers (e.g. casting it while you get cced or inbetween cc chains). This change alone will make sure that MW won't be a viable option for arena in 5.2. All the buffs they recieve are negligible if the one thing that made MW bad for arena in the first place (anti cc / anti cc healing) gets even worse.
    There's pretty heavy debate right now on if the MW changes actually add up to a buff. From what I can personally tell on the PTR, the only really "buff" I can see was my HPS going up indirectly due to the Disc nerfs. I also feel like the QoL concerns have gone up quite a bit, unfortunately.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Yeah it's just frustrating that they change so many things and at the same time don't even understand their own class.

Only speaking from a PvP point of view, but they say they want to buff MW for arena because MW really sucks in 5.1. Now they change plenty of stuff and what is the result? MW gonna be equally bad or possibly worse in arena in 5.2, but stronger in RBG where MW already was good. Nicely done.

Pretty sure Windwalker healing keeps getting nerfed because of Mistweaver changes. Or Mistweaver healing keeps getting nerfed for Windwalker changes. Either way they have failed to balance them independently.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    Pretty sure Windwalker healing keeps getting nerfed because of Mistweaver changes. Or Mistweaver healing keeps getting nerfed for Windwalker changes. Either way they have failed to balance them independently.
    Well 14% less on each jump when having 100k+ veng is a huge loss too as BrM.
    It was really strange. First they buff the dmg and healing on those spells and up the cd. Then they go and kill the healing.

Sometimes i feel Blizzard shoots m ore into the blue and hopes for a hit instead of thinking stuff through before.

When a talent is so powerful that there's never any need to pick up any other talent from that tier in any situation, then I'm pretty sure that's grounds for a nerf. It might not be nice getting nerfed but it's better for balance and for the game, overall.

TBH, I expected the level 30 talents to get nerfed sooner or later, the heals scale way too well with attack power via vengeance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Well 14% less on each jump when having 100k+ veng is a huge loss too as BrM.
    It was really strange. First they buff the dmg and healing on those spells and up the cd. Then they go and kill the healing.

Sometimes i feel Blizzard shoots m ore into the blue and hopes for a hit instead of thinking stuff through before.
    The healing provided from Chi Wave currently - an instant cast smart heal - is monstrous. And the patch is making it free of cost.

When you tank Lei Shi and use Chi Wave on cooldown, the healing output is wildly inflated because of heavy use of that one spell. Chi Wave is really, really, REALLY powerful, but it was checked by it's Chi cost. That is, WW's wouldn't abuse it unless the raid really needed additional healing due to the damage done not outweighing BoK/RSK, and BrM's could only throw it out sparingly due to needing to keep Shuffle rolling from BoK. But with the removal of the Chi cost, the level 30 talents slot into their intended niche.

That is, a little extra healing you can throw out when you want. Not something that's gonna be the bread and butter of a Mistweaver's arsenal, and not something that makes or breaks a BrM's survivability, and not something that makes a WW provide substantial raid healing for a single no-resource GCD cost when they're waiting on energy.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    When a talent is so powerful that there's never any need to pick up any other talent from that tier in any situation, then I'm pretty sure that's grounds for a nerf. It might not be nice getting nerfed but it's better for balance and for the game, overall.

TBH, I expected the level 30 talents to get nerfed sooner or later, the heals scale way too well with attack power via vengeance.
    They nerfed Zen Sphere more than Chi Wave by making the healing ridiculously low, and Chi Burst got a 30 second cooldown. Chi Wave is still the best choice for WW and BrM for the majority of situations, so nothing's changed there. The Chi Wave change is a pve buff for WW and BrM for most fights. It's only a nerf to BrM in pure magic damage fights like Lei Shi.

The new Chi Wave is a pvp nerf for WW, though. WW survivability is low, and Chi Wave is your main healing spell. Unlike MW, WW doesn't have choices for healing spells. Expel Harm is ok but has a long cooldown, and can't be used to heal your partners. Healing Spheres don't heal for very much, and practically eliminate all your damage. They're good for running away and healing, but not so great for in-combat healing.

Chances are you were casting Chi Wave on cooldown or close to it in situations with major incoming damage, chi cost or not. Now it's less than half the effective healing compared to before. Being able to do an extra Blackout Kick is a small comfort.