Poll: Might Dalaran land there?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think it would be overrun very quickly.
    i suppose, but now that they have official backing from the alliance I'm sure they could easily get a army from stormwind or elsewhere on the continent to port in and garrison the city. as we have seen thus far the Forsaken are not the scourge, they cant/don't overrun places as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    i suppose, but now that they have official backing from the alliance I'm sure they could easily get a army from stormwind or elsewhere on the continent to port in and garrison the city. as we have seen thus far the Forsaken are not the scourge, they cant/don't overrun places as easily.
    this wouldn't be like gilneas. they would be surrounded by forsaken military bases, and sylvanas would not tolerate a powerful city of enemy mages sitting their self right in the heart of forsaken land. the whole might of the forsaken army would descend on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    this wouldn't be like gilneas. they would be surrounded by forsaken military bases, and sylvanas would not tolerate a powerful city of enemy mages sitting their self right in the heart of forsaken land. the whole might of the forsaken army would descend on it.
    Besides, the Forsaken have a fair number of raised Dalaran magi among them, it would be sorta foolish directly attacking the one enemy that pretty much knows exactly how to dismantle your magical wards etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine them cramming abominations in the sewers while launching super plague from all sides. Even if the city was shielded no one would want the surrounding lands after the conflict.

Deleted
    If they make the Alliance fight back in Hillsbrad they have to change the story and the quests there. And if they put Alliance quests in there, that'll mess up the flow of the zones. Or maybe they could have level 90 elites spawn and run around Hillsbrad, knocking over low level Horde players.

Deleted
    If they make the Alliance fight back in Hillsbrad they have to change the story and the quests there. And if they put Alliance quests in there, that'll mess up the flow of the zones. Or maybe they could have level 90 elites spawn and run around Hillsbrad, knocking over low level Horde players.
    With the degree of phasing they've got at their disposal, that's sort of a non-issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    With the degree of phasing they've got at their disposal, that's sort of a non-issue.
    Then it would be level 90 content.

Deleted
    Then it would be level 90 content.
    Which is what it most likely would turn out to be if Dalaran were indeed to return to its place, what with it being more relevant to the 90 storyline than to the lowbie leveling experience.

true, i just imagine it being part of the alliances grand plan to wipe the forsaken out so they would come ready for the bad and willing to do worse. im talking combined human/dwarf/ Worgen armies marching on silverpine. but otherwise ill agree with you.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 01:38 AM ----------

phasing out the butt could do that, in several zones we have seen them bump up mob levels and add quests for max level players, stranglethorn being a big one to me. but to clarify this is down the road, not MoP but taking place after SoO.

It will proubably be above/near Orgrimmar for the final raid of the exp pack.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

my guess goes to theramore since that place was blown up...

or ogrimmar (we are gonna attack garrosh arent we? what could be better then a flying mountian positioned high above ogrimmar, where we can mount our attack from ).
    This brings my mind to Gardens of the moon by Steven Erikson.. Jaina is a poor substitute to Anomander Rake thou..

Deleted
    phasing out the butt could do that, in several zones we have seen them bump up mob levels and add quests for max level players, stranglethorn being a big one to me. but to clarify this is down the road, not MoP but taking place after SoO.
    Stranglethorn being the only one as far as I know.

Moving it to Westfall would practically waste Dalaran's influence there. My money is on the Ruins of Theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    That's pretty much what I'd like to see myself. Hell, the crater's probably roughly the same size anyhow.
    That would cheapen the mana bomb effect, its supposed to permanently damage the aura of the explosion radius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too close to Stormwind, they might as well be connected by a big floating bridge or just merge.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Too close to Stormwind, they might as well be connected by a big floating bridge or just merge.
    *Looks at the giant hole where the Park used to be*

*Looks at MerinPally's comment*

:O
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Though the idea of 'landing' Dalaran in Westfall is a good one (though they might get flooded by refugees), I think it landing back in its old position in Hillsbrad would be more entertaining. It would mean that the Alliance would have a quasi-capital in the Northern half of the Eastern Kingdoms, making it a lot more convenient for Alliance players to get up there and maybe pick a few fights in the area. I didn't play in Vanilla, so I missed the wars of Tarren Mill and Southshore. It'd be nice if something resembling it might start happening again. There'd be more incentive for Alliance players to go to Lordaeron (northern sub-continent) now, should Dalaran be replanted there as it would mean that they'd have a sanctuary area to fall back to a regroup at. World PvP might actually happen.

Deleted
    it will probs go to the ruins of Theramore to restore the status quo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That would cheapen the mana bomb effect, its supposed to permanently damage the aura of the explosion radius.
    There's that, aye. Didn't consider it.

Now though I'm thinking, what about it hovering above the remains, harnessing the mana bomb's residual radiation? Though maybe it's just another case of Stargate logic. Been having flashes of that recently. x)

The Westfall crater is jumped over during Children's Week. You'd be depriving them of a thrilling experience. Think of the children!!