Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Ntfs.sys

So I just recently upgrade my Motherboard, CPU and Ram

Whenever I boot up my PC after it's been off for a while, it boots up to a blue screen saying

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

it mentions the file Ntfs.sys on the screen too.

If I reboot my PC it will boot up fine and load windows and work perfectly.

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit OEM

When you get the blue screen, a STOP code will be displayed (STOP 0x000000027 - something like that). We need that STOP code. Is most likely a memory (RAM) issue or a driver issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    0x000000d1

Edit: I don't know what that error is.

Did you use a fresh Windows installation when you replaced the motherboard (i.e. no previous drivers still installed)?

Are your chipset drivers (downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer's website) up to date/installed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just re installed Windows on Monday so I'm pretty sure I don't have a virus. I'll try the chkdsk when I get a chance. I was thinking it could be bad memory seeing as I just got 2 new sticks but I ran that windows memory check and it didn't come up with any errors.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Did you use a fresh Windows installation when you replaced the motherboard (i.e. no previous drivers still installed)?

Are your chipset drivers (downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer's website) up to date/installed?
    Yes, I deleted the partitions and re installed windows.

I've had this many times.
    It turned out to be an old GFX driver that was causing the problem.

Get drivecleaner and remove all the GFX card drivers and reinstall latest beta ones.

In the likely event that didn't work, update ALL the drivers in windows from your lan to audio anything you can.

If that fails, the last time this happened to me was when a GFX card started failing but you don't appear or haven't said you've noticed any other problems.

i installed windows 7 64bit and got this error but it was fixed after a beta driver update

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my DxDiag info, not sure if it lists the chipset driver version on here but I'm at work at the moment and can't check. Luckily I had posted my DxDiag info on the WoW forums last night because WoW was crashing.

http://pastebin.com/TQrtbMj6

Run memtest. Most likely your RAM is failing (or motherboar's RAM controller).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Run memtest. Most likely your RAM is failing (or motherboar's RAM controller).
    Just installed new memory when I installed the motherboard. Do you think the sticks could be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Crunga View Post
    Just installed new memory when I installed the motherboard. Do you think the sticks could be bad?
    I'd say there's a 90% chance that either the sticks or the motherboard is broken since we've already ruled out all usual software problems. Running memtest and swapping the sticks between different RAM slots on the motherboard should let you figure out where exactly the problem is.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I would recommend you to uninstall logitech mouseware.

Edit: Boot up in safe-mode to do this
    You think the Logitech Mouseware could be messing things up?

Also, I don't need to boot in safe mode because, like I mentioned in the OP, if I restart my PC it'll load fine and won't show the BSOD again. It only appears if my PC has been shut off for a while, like overnight, and then I turn it back on.
    Last edited by Crunga; 2013-03-07 at 02:59 PM.

You think the Logitech Mouseware could be messing things up?
    Yes, that error code is due to driver issues and Logitech Mouseware is known to mess things up. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Yes, that error code is due to driver issues and Logitech Mouseware is known to mess things up. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think I am.
    Alright I'll give that a try when I get home. Kind of makes sense because I didn't see the issue until I installed the Logitech Mouseware and my Motherboard Software. Thought the Mobo Software was causing it so I uninstalled it and still got the error today. Didn't even think it was Logitech

Bluetooth is a frequent culprit in BSODs on Windows 7. Do you happen to be using those drivers with any device?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was working good yesterday day but then I booted up my PC today and got a different BSOD. Managed to take a picture this time. Any idea what the problem might be?

http://imgur.com/Zwcs2HX.jpg

Something in the page file database is corrupted. Run checkdisk (chkdsk).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Something in the page file database is corrupted. Run checkdisk (chkdsk).
    I'll give it a check when I get home from work.

Any chance it could be a memory issue?

Any chance it could be a memory issue?
    Yes. Told you to check memory yesterday.
    Trolling should be.