Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    When Diablo 3 premiered - Blizzard was the worst developer.
    When WarZ premiered - Hammerpoint was the worst..
    EA is being called the worst for the last few years..
    Now it's popular to bash Gearbox..
    Indeed. You are only as good as your last game these days. The next stinker that comes along will make people forget about the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Indeed. You are only as good as your last game these days. The next stinker that comes along will make people forget about the last one.
    And the worst part is the folks who lump the people justifiably criticizing companies in with the doomcriers with short attention spans.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Gamers are the most fickle, entitled and bitchy people around. Somebody has a bad release, they suck! somebody releases a game that doesn't reach their entitled expectations, They suck and the game sucks too! Somebody likes a game they don't like? that person sucks! Where do these people come from? As a gamer myself i look at the gaming community as a whole and i am ashamed.
    Brainwashed by IGN?

Gearbox troubles are HARDLY caused by gamers alone. They tried to double-cross EVERYONE. They tried to fool the publisher, the players, the press, the other studios involved. So now that they ruse obviously FAILED, they are being attacked from ALL fronts, not just players.

That's what's happen when people steal funds from the publisher of a game to pay for their other developments, then make a demo that can't be run on the consoles they're developing for, and show that to the press to appease the said developer, and once they're FORCED to release, they release something that have nothing to do with the demo, just to say they finished the work.

And you're not a gamer, rest assured, you're one of the zombies that follow the IGNorants.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:05 PM ----------

Naah, they just fucked up. Maybe this will bite them in the ass, maybe it won't, we'll see. But they are far from being the worst o_O
    Except when D3 failed Blizzard wasn't the worst developer, Jay Wilson was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Brainwashed by IGN?

Gearbox troubles are HARDLY caused by gamers alone. They tried to double-cross EVERYONE. They tried to fool the publisher, the players, the press, the other studios involved. So now that they ruse obviously FAILED, they are being attacked from ALL fronts, not just players.

That's what's happen when people steal funds from the publisher of a game to pay for their other developments, then make a demo that can't be run on the consoles they're developing for, and show that to the press to appease the said developer, and once they're FORCED to release, they release something that have nothing to do with the demo, just to say they finished the work.

And you're not a gamer, rest assured, you're one of the zombies that follow the IGNorants.
    I agree with what you said besides the IGNorant part. The thing is most is not getting from this game release is there was more done then they just made a shitty game.

Gearbox took the money Sega gave them to fund ACM and used it to make borderlands 2 and w/e else they where working on. Then gearbox payed other "Small" game company's to work on the game Sega payed gearbox to work on.

As I said there is a lot more to this then a shit game was made there was a lot of lieing stealing and over all just a lot of shady shit going on.

Slightly OffTopic: Don't get me wrong I liked borderlands 1 but BL2 was just a reskin of number 1 with barely anything new added and its DLC compared to the original is just down right bad.

I get some people are happy with the way BL2 turned out but everything done with BL2 has cost ACM to turn into what it is.

All gearbox did was take the money that was supposed to be used on ACM and used it on BL2 because they knew due to BL1 Number 2 would sell.

To sum it up they put all there chips on BL2 and because of this they are getting yelled at.

I would not be surprised if Sega sued gearbox or at lease just dropped them from there group.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-04 at 08:19 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I pre-oreder A:CM based on the now infamous con video and the way they was bragging on how awesome it would and how it was in good hands because after all they were die hard Aliens fans themselves.

What I got on release day was something completely and utterly different. It was a horrendous journey into botched buggy games the like of which I havent played since around 2004 / 2005. I also have BL1 & BL2 which I do play from time to time to just kill time. But looking at all the information both verified and unverified somethi9ng very very shady happened.

To me the blame lies squarely at SEGA and Gearbox. Sega for allowing the game to ship in its state and Gearbox for flat out lying. I dont think anything will come of this as has already been said in this thread, there will be other just as shit or worse games released but we as the paying gamers will just have to suck it up and live with it, because like everything else in the media world the paying customer doesnt have much of a voice.

Naah, they just fucked up. Maybe this will bite them in the ass, maybe it won't, we'll see. But they are far from being the worst o_O

EA does more publishing like activision...

Oh and I agree with the the image about entitlement and shit.

You can't really fault Gearbox for Duke Nukem.

They took crap from a dozen studios and made it at least playable. Seriously, you see the evolution of shooters the last 10 years in Duke Nukem.

So gearbox made really 1 crap game in Aliens, which mostly has to do with terrible AI and ending, both which can be fixed.

Hmmm I don't really care for the Aliens game but I do understand the anger for it, but I don't believe that Gearbox stole said funds from A:CM to help with Borderlands and so far the only link here is shady at best and I read from that Kotaku article that the profile of a guy at Sega or w/e was a load of bullshit as it was taken down. Honestly shit happens and mistakes where made and I won't hate them for it but this is exactly why I don't pre-order many games unless I have a pre-game-release demo to play. I seriously dislike pre-ordering a product without testing it for myself and for people that pre-order even without a demo made available should just wait until release and see what reviewers say.

opinions, always full of shit to some degree. I personally have no particular love for gearbox, BL 1/2 are boring as all hell, Duke Nukem forever is a steaming pile, and i haven't played A:CM and it seems with good reason. so i will go so far as to say I don't like the games they make. but not going to really hate on them as a company, what they make though, is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

They took crap from a dozen studios and made it at least playable. Seriously, you see the evolution of shooters the last 10 years in Duke Nukem.

So gearbox made really 1 crap game in Aliens, whichhink mostly has to do with terrible AI and ending, both which can be fixed.
    You just plain haven't been paying attention if that's what you think is wrong with A:CM.

Go back a page or two and you'll see plenty of people, myself included, go into detail on what's wrong with game.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-03-04 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

So gearbox made really 1 crap game in Aliens, which mostly has to do with terrible AI and ending, both which can be fixed.
    Like someone has already said to you this is not what the main problem is.

How about you learn what the problem is before commenting on it.

The demo was 200% different then the live version of the game and even looked 10x better.

The money SEGA gave Gearbox to make ACM was used on borderlands and they payed some small game company to do a job that SEGA told Gearbox to do.

Gearbox shitted all over a game that could have been great and it cost SEGA money.

I highly Dough SEGA broke even on the game since its been in works since 07.

Each Deadline SEGA gave Gearbox had to keep getting pushed back and different small company's kep working on it for Gearbox when it was there job to do it themselfs.

fans of the alien series are pissed that they did not get what they where paying for.

When the demo of a game is more fun more better looking and better voice acted then the release of a game there is a major problem.

Once more learn what your talking about before replying.

This video showing the demo and full release version of the game speaks for itself and even tho it dose say "Work in progress" a demo should not be all around better then its full release version.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-04 at 11:59 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    [...]
    Gearbox took the money Sega gave them to fund ACM and used it to make borderlands 2 and w/e else they where working on. Then gearbox payed other "Small" game company's to work on the game Sega payed gearbox to work on.[...]
    The only source of this happening is from a now-inactive blog written by some fake employee. Plus Mr.Pitchford already said that BL2 profits helped fund the other projects. So, err, you've got the choice of which liar you want to believe
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    The only source of this happening is from a now-inactive blog written by some fake employee. Plus Mr.Pitchford already said that BL2 profits helped fund the other projects. So, err, you've got the choice of which liar you want to believe
    I believe this video.

Because it is the demo vs the live version of the game and shows how shit the live version of it is. therefor since this game shows it anything said on why the game is such shit has a high chance of being true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1orK2qj_9k

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Worse than Hammerpoint (WarZ)? Or Aventurine (Darkfall)? I don't think so mister.
    yes, they are as bad or worse.

both the DN:F and A:CM demos were made to trick us into thinking the games were good.

they're all liars and cons, and i hope they pay for it big time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I believe this video.

Because it is the demo vs the live version of the game and shows how shit the live version of it is. therefor since this game shows it anything said on why the game is such shit has a high chance of being true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1orK2qj_9k
    I am not discussing the things which are likely and have been confirmed by several sources. I am referring to the mysterious source known as Sega Awakens - it used known facts and added its own stories to make itself more credible unfortunately the writer was a bit too imaginative. So it backfired and it went offline afterwards shortly. Some people like abusing a disaster and like becoming an internet celebrity through it.

Fact: Demo vs. final version - both differ a lot and it may have been a fake then or an honest presentation ignoring the reality of hardware constraints.

Not quite a fact: They used SEGA's money for that project to finance their own "pet" projects. The latter is contradicted by the Twitter statement saying that BL2 actually helped financing others.

The whole thing behind the scenes is simply a matter of project mismanagement while having to meet a deadline. This is not so uncommon however the twist here was simply that they haven't updated their visual materials representing the actual versions.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I'd like some evidence to this hate and outcry. All I've heard of people bad mouthing Gearbox is a vocal minority and those who were greatly disappointed by Duke Nukem, and the latest Aliens game. Personally, I'm pretty indifferent to them. I just wish the DLC for BL2 was cheaper and better.
    Well, both of those games were verrrrrry bad, but that doesn't change the fact that their original property that doesn't get passed around to other dev departments is an incredibly good shooter, probably one of the top ten of the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I am not discussing the things which are likely and have been confirmed by several sources. I am referring to the mysterious source known as Sega Awakens - it used known facts and added its own stories to make itself more credible unfortunately the writer was a bit too imaginative. So it backfired and it went offline afterwards shortly. Some people like abusing a disaster and like becoming an internet celebrity through it.

Fact: Demo vs. final version - both differ a lot and it may have been a fake then or an honest presentation ignoring the reality of hardware constraints.

Not quite a fact: They used SEGA's money for that project to finance their own "pet" projects. The latter is contradicted by the Twitter statement saying that BL2 actually helped financing others.

The whole thing behind the scenes is simply a matter of project mismanagement while having to meet a deadline. This is not so uncommon however the twist here was simply that they haven't updated their visual materials representing the actual versions.
    Agreed the demo and what actually came out is different due to the demo being played on a PC with decent specs and they rushed the demo to just get something flashy looking out and while I don't agree with what happened with this game, I definitely don't think they would steal money from the development of it for Borderlands just to put everything at risk. Seriously some of you are acting like they killed you dog, plus there's no reliable source on if they stole the money from ACM to help Borderlands and there is evidence to support that earnings from Borderlands went in to ACM.

I never liked Borderlands 1 & 2. The gameplay is nothing special. And the stories... very boring. Plus the worlds feels so flat. It doesn't even feel alive. All you do is enter a new area then do very bland quests. Never been a fan of their stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol a Salandrin thread, he walks in places a piece of cheese on the ground walks out of the room closes the door, and watches as the mice come in and nibble away at cheese, cheese gone mice attack each other.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

who cares? aliens sucked? don't buy it? stop pre-ordering games its kinda stupid

Borderlands 1 and 2 where great and i'm sure if they do a 3rd it'll also be decent