Poll: spec

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So whats everyone specing into tomorrow?

So what title says pre much.

I think I will just be staying affliction as I'm only in a semi-HC guild and I like playing aff.

Just not sure if GoSup or GoSac, Have to look at some simC results.
    Last edited by warlockSTAR; 2013-03-04 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    I would really want to go for destruction but will the difference between destro and affli be too huge I will go affli.

Demo. Always Demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    25m semi-hardcore guild - Destruction all the way. I'm going to be messing around with the GoSup(Fel Imp) and I'm going to run a haste heavy build to see how it goes with out first few raids.

i play whatever spec is highest on the meter but affliction was getting boring after playing it all tier so its a good change for me

GoSup Affliction with Destro offspec to show off green fire whenever I can. I'd spec Demo, but I cannot stand the spec so practising it for relatively small gain is not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go Affli/Demo with an Affli reforge, and then just decide at the time I'm doing things which of the 2 I'll use. Most likely I'll still mostly use Affli, so I have voted that way.

I'll be playing Demo, been playing it and playing it well. Might as well keep doing it =D

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Staying Aff/Destro. I don't buy that any spec is any more particularly powerful than the other now that we're using a pet, so I might as well play what I've been playing. I haven't seen conclusive enough evidence to prove otherwise. If I do in the upcoming weeks, I'll swap then. Besides, green fire .

Edit: Although, I do think that there's a lot of fun little tricks to find out with Demo, and it could fly right ahead as we try different combinations. Destro I don't see as much hope for. It's pretty static, although you can increase your DPS a helluva lot with proper ember usage. I don't think there's anything new to find out for Aff or Destro though.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2013-03-04 at 11:01 PM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Demonology/destruction, most likely.

Still Affliction, but I will run LFRs as Demo so I can get the hang of it. Then I will eventually respec to Demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    My go to specs for this expansion so far have been Demo / Destro unless a fight really favored affliction. Will continue with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aff/Demo, best spread of abilities imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is supremacy definitely gonna be the "go to talent" for affliction now? And is the improved succubus still better than the observer?

I'll be sticking to affliction for sure, unless it really sucks for some fight.
    Last edited by meekus; 2013-03-04 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person who just chooses the spec I like, regardless of what is currently "best" or preferred? I tend to have a spec in mind when I create a character, and I make it and stick with it. It helps to define my character, in my mind. The only time I have ever really changed a characters main spec is when they took Blood DK DPS spec away, and I had no choice but to pick something else. I play what I like, and learn to play it well. I don't need every character to be #1 all the time, as long as I am doing my best and adding something substantive to the groups I join. My warlock has always been affliction, and I am not going to change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrumr View Post
    Am I the only person who just chooses the spec I like, regardless of what is currently "best" or preferred? I tend to have a spec in mind when I create a character, and I make it and stick with it. It helps to define my character, in my mind. The only time I have ever really changed a characters main spec is when they took Blood DK DPS spec away, and I had no choice but to pick something else. I play what I like, and learn to play it well. I don't need every character to be #1 all the time, as long as I am doing my best and adding something substantive to the groups I join. My warlock has always been affliction, and I am not going to change it.
    To be honest playing just 1 spec indefinitely on 1 char would bore me to tears. I need to have a change of pace every now and then, even if I do always come back to Affliction. So it's not just down to a spec being more powerful, it's to do with preference as well. In this case though because Demo is the stronger spec I choose to play Demo also, instead of playing Destro also (which is what I would have done if it were totally up to me).

I'm staying Destro for PvE. I enjoy it and I was already using GoSup, so I'm seeing pure buffs. For PvP I was Destro, tried Demo, and now I'm giving Afflic a shot. The biggest upside is that you can burst from a cold start, instead of having to build up first like Destro and Demo. How well it works for me will probably depend as much on the changes to the rest of the PvP scene as the changes to Warlock themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrumr View Post
    Nah I'm the same.

Probably going to ditch my Destruction specc for an Afflictiion specc though, and only use it in PvP cause really... Affliction is great fun for PvP.
    Going Demonology in PvE though, and maybe Destruction on some fights if the fight really really favors Destruction.

So my PvE specc will stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Just not sure if GoSup or GoSac, Have to look at some simC results.
    Can see PTR results vs Live results here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post20374306

Very possible that it would change and doesn't give much info on what pet to use w/ Supremacy (though I'd wager it's still Observer). For any fight that you'll be multi-dotting (medium to heavily) on GoSup will be better (because you're not channeling or using Haunt as often) and any single target fight GoSac will be better.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or we can go by this recent list.. Best to wait a day, or sim yourself.

Destro rejoice! GREEN FIRE WILL REIGN SUPREME!
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!