Poll: spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Jin-rokh- Demo. Superior mobility for kiting out fissures and getting back in quickly, if pets (re:wild imps) are fixed to benefit from pools, I can see it outdamaging aff when paired with AV.

Horridon- Affsup. Shards ahoy and you can leave your pet on horridon who gets an extra 50% dmg taken after each of the 4 gates. While I feel aff will be "easiest" to maintain on this fight, I'm considering destro for havoc cleaving onto horridon with the sburn potential on the adds. Not really considering demo since the adds fall over as is on normal, and if they lasted longer, I'd be more inclined to aff anyway with the number.

Council- Affsup. 4 targets? Predictable time to explode two seeds and adds that feed you shards? No contest imo, but I've heard some talking up demo. Guess it depends on how close you tank Mar'li to the other two (Not even mentioning roller derby guy).

Tortos- Aff / demo. Probably Aff since the bat aoe isn't really lasting to sell me on demo. Maintaining dots on the Turtles / soc on boss hitting the bats + high mg uptime and I'll be giving sac a shot first.

Megeara- Destro. Adding a 2nd target for constant rof (subject to change with a haste heavy build I guess), makes this fight look pretty nice for high ember generation.

Ji-kun- Destro. Burst aoe on the platforms and I have yet to see pets working correctly here anyway

Primordious- Aff. Considered destro, but to get the benefit of fire and brimstone, depending on how you kite him, the damage will most likely be wasted. Shards from everything won't be.

Dark Animus- Didn't do much testing on this, but probably aff until I'm more comfortable with the order of events in p2 / strat.

Durumu- Demo. AV for beams + mobility, and leaping a failed maze.

Iron qon- Demo. When testing, cd's lined up nicely with the first, third, and fourth execute phases, and soulfire damage was pretty high despite the high mana cost. I think quetzl or whatever the second dog was had fairly less hp. Aff if pets still get killed here though :<

Twins- Aff, low movement and damage if you're doing it right since the nerfs. Got much more out of sb:ss during p1 onto suen when she popped in to say hello before disappearing as well.

Lei Shen- Aff because it's what I'm most comfortable with at the moment and will probably see the highest return before settling into the encounter. He died incredibly fast on the ptr, so hopefully that's changed, and the winds were not an issue with KJC.

tl;dr looking forward to experimenting with all 3.
    Last edited by Ezzyo; 2013-03-05 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    Jin-rokh- Demo. Superior mobility for kiting out fissures and getting back in quickly, if pets (re:wild imps) are fixed to benefit from pools, I can see it outdamaging aff when paired with AV.

Horridon- Affsup. Shards ahoy and you can leave your pet on horridon who gets an extra 50% dmg taken after each of the 4 gates. While I feel aff will be "easiest" to maintain on this fight, I'm considering destro for havoc cleaving onto horridon with the sburn potential on the adds. Not really considering demo since the adds fall over as is on normal, and if they lasted longer, I'd be more inclined to aff anyway with the number.

Council- Affsup. 4 targets? Predictable time to explode two seeds and adds that feed you shards? No contest imo, but I've heard some talking up demo. Guess it depends on how close you tank Mar'li to the other two (Not even mentioning roller derby guy).

Tortos- Aff / demo. Probably Aff since the bat aoe isn't really lasting to sell me on demo. Maintaining dots on the Turtles / soc on boss hitting the bats + high mg uptime and I'll be giving sac a shot first.

Megeara- Destro. Adding a 2nd target for constant rof (subject to change with a haste heavy build I guess), makes this fight look pretty nice for high ember generation.

Ji-kun- Destro. Burst aoe on the platforms and I have yet to see pets working correctly here anyway

Primordious- Aff. Considered destro, but to get the benefit of fire and brimstone, depending on how you kite him, the damage will most likely be wasted. Shards from everything won't be.

Dark Animus- Didn't do much testing on this, but probably aff until I'm more comfortable with the order of events in p2 / strat.

Durumu- Demo. AV for beams + mobility to not require ff / roar to avoid getting knocked off during "get away".

Iron qon- Demo. When testing, cd's lined up nicely with the first, third, and fourth execute phases, and soulfire damage was pretty high despite the high mana cost. I think quetzl or whatever the second dog was had fairly less hp. Aff if pets still get killed here though :<

Twins- Aff, low movement and damage if you're doing it right since the nerfs. Got much more out of sb:ss during p1 onto suen when she popped in to say hello before disappearing as well.

Lei Shen- Aff because it's what I'm most comfortable with at the moment and will probably see the highest return before settling into the encounter. He died incredibly fast on the ptr, so hopefully that's changed, and the winds were not an issue with KJC.

tl;dr looking forward to experimenting with all 3.
    council all 4 targets are up but i thought u wanna burn down the empowered boss so dpsing the others is just a meter pad?
    megeara same as council wanting to have 2 heads at any time i think
    durumu i think you mistaked the get away ability, that ability belongs to ji-kun

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    council all 4 targets are up but i thought u wanna burn down the empowered boss so dpsing the others is just a meter pad?
    megeara same as council wanting to have 2 heads at any time i think
    durumu i think you mistaked the get away ability, that ability belongs to ji-kun
    It's late! Council, I'd still keep all 4 fully dotted and the influx of shards will allow you sufficient dps to burn the 25% off the empowered. Classes that can do this sort of cleave (Maybe boomkin / spriest?) should as well. No intention on meter padding, there's just a lot of time before they energy cap, even on heroic. In any case, I was leaving my pet on the empowered add as well when it wasn't dying to roller deaths.

In regards to meg, I'm not using rof to damage the other head not being killed at the time, but for embers.

My bad on durumu, was testing ji-kun as demo (which is why I distinctly recall pets functionality here). I'll probably make do by abusing gate if there isn't a roar up. I still liked demo on durumu though, but might just go aff for dotting up the crimsons + kjc for moving.

What I'm liking about this tier is how functional all three specs will be on respective fights. It's also what my bank is going to hate the most. I'd be lost without the reforge yak.

Demonology main spec with Destruction off-spec. I can't for the life of me get Affliction to play properly for me this expansion, so I'll be getting more dps out of Destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to stay destruction, at least for a while. Might switch back to demonology later on, depending on how I like destruction. Unlikely that I will go affliction, just not a fan of it since cataclysm.

I don't do actual raiding, so I am free to choose whatever I like the most. Without feeling like I am hurting the raid.

Deleted
    Was previously destruction mainspec with demo offspec. When 5.2 rolls around i'll be flipping it to Demo mainspec destro offspec.
    Happy about incoming demo buffs since i'm feeling confident about my ability to play the spec properly. Affliction on the other hand I dislike, not a fan of all the channels :P

I am going to go with affliction too, I just like they flow of it too much now. I played destro whole cataclysm so might aswell play affliction this expansion.

Destruction as offspec but not going bother much with it if the stat weights are too different for the specs as I cba reforge just for a couple of fights as semi-casual raider. I tried demo earlier but I just don't really enjoy that spec.

I've been seeing some conflicting Simcraft results. Some have said Destro is ahead, others Demonology for single target fights.

I was main spec Affliction, but I wanted a change anyway. I was leaning towards going Demonology. I find the spec a lot more fun than affliction. I 'might' also change my offspec to Destruction, but I've never really found that spec enjoyable to play. Green fire - meh.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Always demo! And now even better

Probably Destro to l2p properly for normals (damn this stuff's hard when you have never used). Affli/Demo with occasional Destro from next week on. Or maybe Destro/Demo, or Affli/Destro. The reforge costs will be killer.

Deleted
    Probably will keep Affliction as main spec and have Demo ready as well. Once 5.2 lands I will try both and see what spec I can get better numbers with. Hopefully both specs are going to be close enough so that I can pick one depending on what spec is favored due to specific encounter mechanics.

Deleted
    My plan for now is Aff on Jin'rokh/Council/Durumu/Iron Qon, Destro on the rest.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How interesting. Apparently Destro's APL got some much needed work done to it during the last run of Simcraft releases, and that's why it's on top now. I had assumed Demo and Aff were getting some reworks too, but maybe they already did. That giant list of results is essentially Simcraft's profiles run against each other out of the box. I'm sure all of them can be tweaked, but I'm not sure it'll change anything drastically.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    How interesting. Apparently Destro's APL got some much needed work done to it during the last run of Simcraft releases, and that's why it's on top now.
    If you are talking about the screen that has been linked everywhere, it was with the false information spread by Ghostcrawler. Destro will NOT gain 24k dps with the metagem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aff / demo, as it's been all xpac so far.

Subject to change based on the situational differences in each fight (since I was lazy and didn't do the PTR this time).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding, it was calculated assuming the coeff was 0, not 9. The author claims it didn't include the meta update, and Destro would be another 18k higher if it was included. Only evidence I have is circumstantial at best, and based mostly on Blizzard peeling back destro buffs as testing went on. I wrote him off too, but maybe he's right. If I could get a hold of the guy to see what he ran, it'd help, since I'm in class and can't run the sims myself on my lappy. Poor thing is on its deathbed.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    The author claims it didn't include the meta update, and Destro would be another 18k higher if it was included
    Well I'd like to know what he changed to gain 24k dps lol, from all the raid tests I have done on the PTR there is 0 chance that Destro gets the first spot on the DPS rankings in single target.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm wondering too. It could be a > symbol somewhere. I know I've done that a few times before.

10+ Year Old Account
    With further nerf to Gosac Affliction and other last minute changes I'm just going to sit back and wait for the "official" SimC results. I doubt it will be much of a difference compared to what we know allready; that Affli and Demo will be up top with Destro slightly behind.

I don't think it will be enough to prevent Destro players from enjoying the game in their favourite spec, but it will matter to more progression orientated players. Then again, we saw that same situation last tier, and Destro (through people like Zumzum and Brusalk) gained popularity as the tier went on and people realised it wasn't completely horrible.

EDIT: should add that that screenshot of Destro on top will probably turn up a fair few times still. It will be the warlock version of the Product schedule that keeps being brought up as gospel. I think I'll just start commenting that they killed a kitten everytime I see it somewhere, like Bibi put on the schedule image.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-05 at 04:52 PM.

Demo/aff

Only change is aff with pets.

I plan on doing demo mostly as fights allow, aff otherwise