Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    why are you playing an mmo ?!
    i know that wow totally ruined and wattered down the genre but this doesn`t seem like the type of game for you
    ...I've been playing MMOs are one of my most core hobbies since 1999. I've grinded through Korean MMO hell. Capped AAs in EverQuest. Leveled way too many classes and obtained way too many merits in FFXI. The list goes on and on.

I hate leveling alts through MoP. The genre itself is not to blame.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quick as fuck...

If you want slow go play a normal level rate vanilla private server and do 1-60. Shut up you entitled wrath kid.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-03-05 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    30 hours 85-90 is more than generous if you're questing, and that's not including possible rested xp.
    As others have said, if you're purely into xp and you get a level a day you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    It's quick as fuck...

If you want slow go play a normal level rate vanilla private server and do 1-60. Shut up you entitled wrath kid.
    Retarded terminology aside, this.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    30 hours 85-90 is more than generous if you're questing, and that's not including possible rested xp.
    As others have said, if you're purely into xp and you get a level a day you're doing something wrong.
    It's pretty insane if it takes anyone 30 hours to do 85-90.

Takes 10-15 at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by buttnut129 View Post
    Nah that's not what I'm talking about. 85-90 is super fast. It's a little ridiculous.
    I think its fine the first time and I did it then without rested XP. After the 2nd, 3rd + time it gets tedious and too slow even with rested XP. Also 80-85 was pretty fast, could be done in about 12 hrs playtime. 85-90 takes like twice as long and you get hardly any xp from instances.

4-5h mobtagging for 85-90 with 2 ppl killing the mobs. Think u can run 1-90 in 20h (w/o rested).
    MMOs aren't solo games, dont play it like one.

This topic is something that has sparked my interest enough, past the point of just lurking.

I started in Burning Crusade, and I have to say I have NEVER hated leveling in ANY expansion as much as the 85-90 curve of Pandaria.

We go from level 85 mobs with 85k HP in Cataclysm to level 85 Mobs with almost 400k that hit like Optimus Prime. Even with buying the greens to keep up with the flow of gear from the vendors stationed in towns in pandaria, I cant stand to level a hunter because my pet will die every two mobs.

I was able to level my Shaman to 90, very painfully but I was able to do it. I want to know why this curve is so hard.

In burning Crusade, Blizzard messed up with the gear. The Greens Replacing your epics right away... I felt that in Wrath and Cataclysm we had the smoothest transition.. why all of a sudden now, does Blizzard think they need to change it? I feel that the curve is too much from a HP/Damage point for the lower levels 85-86, and this is what stop me from making any alts.

I need at least 1 alt because I need him for Professions, but I would rather level a 1-90 character then 85-90, all because of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing i hate is haveing to gear them up once u are 90.. u should only do that once, thats the really boreing part, so gief the same ilvl as your most geared toon to your newdinged 90 =P i dont rly mind the lvling =P but hate haveing to run all BG/arena's or raids/LFD for gear, alrdy done it once. why shopuld i do it again <3

There's a lot of BS in this thread. It takes minimum 3-4 hours for each level from 85 to 87 and then 5-6 hours each level for 87-90. Playing solo with not much (overnight) rested XP here and there. That's not someone being crap at leveling. I've done it 6 times so far and I'm a very fast leveler (won't be doing it again).

There is a point where the amount of XP needed and the time it takes to get that XP is simply a road block that has nothing to do with how fast you can ride between quest hubs or kill mobs.

It took me a couple of days to level my main from 85-90 when MoP released but was with me going to school and work full time.

I have since then leveled 2 more 90s and they went really fast. The xp for 85-90 will be nerfed in time but really... mop hasn't been out for that long. Don't expect an xp nerf for a while.

I have a 3 90s now
    the MoP leveling experiences is one of the worst in wow since vanilla in my opinion, BC was better, skipped wrath and cata was godlike in comparison
    swtor was much better too

it's long and drawn out as hell, it has some of the worst plot lines so far in wow outside of the opening horde/alliance ones, the horde and alliance stuff is basically 90% the same (one of my characters was leveled as a Blood Elf), so even if you go a different faction you don't get much new, mobs are balanced for being one level higher and in better gear than what the map says and they went back to the stupidity of BC of "get 8 thing that drop 5% of the time"

edit: added a "in my opinion" so that no one goes around complaining how I dare present this as fact or something like last time -.-
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-03-05 at 07:53 PM.

I'm sorry but leveling is just fine, the problem is in you. As others said, if it really takes you an entire day to get one level then you're obviously doing something wrong. Level 86 doesn't take more than 1.5 hour, 87 doesn't take more than 2hour-ish etcetc you get the point.

Takes about 45 hours to get 1-85 - then 30 to get 85-90 but you still have the derpderpnaysayers who will tell you it's plenty fast.

If it takes you "all day" to get a level, then you seriously suck at leveling in MOP. I had 16 hours /played from 85-90, it's so fast to level there. I never understood how people could make it drag out other than being super slow or super crappy.

15+ Year Old Account

Unhappy What a drag...

I can understand both sides on this matter but personally I tend to the opinion that it takes too long to maxlvl MoP.

I started playing WoW when the game was released in the EU in 2005... 8 years ago.

During Vanilla I maxleveled 1 Class - Took me a while but I enjoyed it quite a lot - I was so proud of my Dreadsteed when I finally got it.
    During TBC I maxleveled 4 Classes - Whenever I finished gearing one Character I continued with another.
    During WotLK I maxleveled 7 Classes - I always felt I had the choice to level wherever I wanted.
    During Cataclysm I maxleveled 10 Classes - Leveling went on like a breze.
    During MoP I maxleveled 1 Class - What a drag to get that one char to maxlevel.

Last week, out of pure boredom, I took another peek into MoP after like 5 months doing some leveling and it pains me to see the progress I'm doing.
    From what I've done it's not like I could exclude an area so when I dinged 90 I had like barely a Zone ( scattered over various places ) left with my Character having the All Quest Achievements for each Zone I went through.

Cataclysm left me with about 2 Zones after dinging 85.
    Finishing WotLK I usually had like 4 Zones left after dinging 80.

I'd really wish they would both tone down the XP Requirement for MoP and give Alts instant flight capability like during WotLK and Cataclysm once you reach maxlvl with one a main.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If it takes you all day to get 1 level, then you are leveling quite inefficiently.

Also, you can easily level 4 toons from 85-90, and barely have any quest overlaps.

I don't see any reason to speed up the "already very very fast" 85-90 process.
    Barely have any quest overlaps? Way off base there. The fastest way to level is to get to the highest level zone as fast as possible. Unfortunately this involves doing many of the exact same quests.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Level 86 doesn't take more than 1.5 hour, 87 doesn't take more than 2hour-ish etcetc you get the point.
    lmfao video or stop posting

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Barely have any quest overlaps? Way off base there. The fastest way to level is to get to the highest level zone as fast as possible. Unfortunately this involves doing many of the exact same quests.
    Yes I am still sick of Townlong, even though I haven't done any leveling in 2-3 months. Ugh!

You can obtain quests in each dungeon which give a nice amount of exp I have 6-90s now working on 7 and am still finding quests I never did before. But like someone else said break up the questing with PvP or Dungeons. Also park ur alt in Org and get on your main for a day then burn up the rested. 85-90 feels fine, not too long or drawn out but maybe thats just me :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.

Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    Don't level an alt with quests, or don't level one at all.

I despise leveling, so I don't do quests on more than one character and I don't complain. I have just one alt that only levels through mining. She's still an 86 and am in no rush.