Poll: Should Blizzard get rid of GhostCrawler ?

Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Blizzard get rid of GhostCrawler ?

Love him ?
    Hate him ?

Some may not even know who he is, or his ties to WoW.

For quite a long time, off and on, I have seen good and bad responses towards GC.. so I was curious in how people feel, in regards too GC.

If you vote get rid of him, please give a brief explanation why you feel that way.
    If you vote to keep him, please explain why you feel that way as well.

Myself, I love reading his blue posts, his replies to people and would hate to imagine in how stressing his position could really be like.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

GhostCrawler is fine, the community isn't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I like the guy. He can stand up for himself well, when the stupid questions get too stupid and too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the guy. Love the way he keeps communication with the public open (more even than I think he should) and still manages to not be a "yes-sir" drone. I love it every time he puts those whinny entitled kids in their place.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I love the guy. Love the way he keeps communication with the public open (more even than I think he should) and still manages to not be a "yes-sir" drone. I love it every time he puts those whinny entitled kids in their place.

nicely said

And agree 100%
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

No, people need to stop simplifying issues just to have a nice scape goat they can cast out into the desert.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. He works hard keeping in touch with the community. A lot of proposed changes by players are stupid, much more than strong ones. And I feel like he can decide for himself, and the team can decide for themselves, what good feedback is.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting im seeing some votes to get rid of him, but no one has the balls to explain why ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame GC for any fault in the game directly, but I do blame him for the attitude of blizzard entertainment and their assholish moderators on the forums, he's also inspired a lot of vitriol and spite between the community and tries to white knight all of his actions as much as possible.

I do not hate the man, but I do not think he deserved or is fitting in his role at blizzard, he's caused more controversy than he has helped.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-01-22 at 03:41 AM. Reason: grammar correction because phone posting sucks
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I don't blame GC for any fault in the game directly, but I do blame him or the attiude of blizzard entertainment and their assholish moderators on the forums, he's also inspired a lot of vitrol and site between the community and tries to white knight all of his actions as much as possible.

I do not hate the man, but I do not think he deserved or is fitting in his role at blizzard, he's caused more controversey than helped
    There's no way I could have said it better myself. I also see a lot of bias in the game now, where there wasn't before.

Never understood the hate towards him...Its actually not him alone who comes up with all ideas. They have a lot of people for that, not to mention all the ideas coming from players they have to look through. Love his way of handling the twitter stuff too haha
    Last edited by KaziOfTheSkies; 2013-01-22 at 01:25 AM.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Nope.

The game could stand to lose the whiny bitches who pout because they don't make WoW exactly how THEY want it to be and have horrible, horrible ideas of how to make it "better".

As much as GC gets hit with being out of touch or having bad ideas...its like players don't read their own goddamn posts. As for the more recent rougher treatment from players by Blues....they had it coming. Dear lord, they had it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Nope.

The game could stand to lose the whiny bitches who pout because they don't make WoW exactly how THEY want it to be and have horrible, horrible ideas of how to make it "better".

As much as GC gets hit with being out of touch or having bad ideas...its like players don't read their own goddamn posts. As for the more recent rougher treatment from players by Blues....they had it coming. Dear lord, they had it coming.
    Theres a little psychology term called positive reinforcement, which in this case means the more attention moderators give idiots on the forums, the more likely they will post in higher frequency.

GC pretty much encouraged this behavior from the community by being so open with them, and he encouraged the moderator team to do the same thing. The problem is, the moderators at blizzard ARE NOT the kind of people who are good at disclosing information to the public humbly, and thus they act more like assholes than they do as PR people. And as a result, more and more idiots started coming out of the woodwork and created a continuous loop of arguments and backlash.

Blizzard was never a public developer, they always worked in private away from the eyes of their players, which gave them the ability to work wonders without persecution from their customers. It was for that very reason that Blizzard always made good quality content: no deadlines, and no one breathing down their back for every decision.

Nowadays, none of them can even lift a finger without getting questioned about their motives (and I too sometimes judge them unfortunately) and I think its sapped their creativity.

I'd bet that if Blizz never opened up to their consumerbase, there would hardly be half as many complaints as there are today.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a little psychology term called positive reinforcement, which in this case means the more attention moderators give idiots on the forums, the more likely they will post in higher frequency.

GC pretty much encouraged this behavior from the community by being so open with them, and he encouraged the moderator team to do the same thing. The problem is, the moderators at blizzard ARE NOT the kind of people who are good at disclosing information to the public humbly, and thus they act more like assholes than they do as PR people. And as a result, more and more idiots started coming out of the woodwork and created a continuous loop of arguments and backlash.

Blizzard was never a public developer, they always worked in private away from the eyes of their players, which gave them the ability to work wonders without persecution from their customers. It was for that very reason that Blizzard always made good quality content: no deadlines, and no one breathing down their back for every decision.

Nowadays, none of them can even lift a finger without getting questioned about their motives (and I too sometimes judge them unfortunately) and I think its sapped their creativity.

I'd bet that if Blizz never opened up to their consumerbase, there would hardly be half as many complaints as there are today.

Not opening up to their consumer base would of done a lot more problems then fix. There's been a lot of suggestions to WoW that players have suggested.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    He is generally a scape goat and the community makes it worse than it really is. I do not think he should be removed and I believe the game is as good as it ever has been, if not better in some aspects.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Pretty sure there are thousands of people in line who could play "internet tough guy" and doing such a pristine job on the game itself.

He has a very hard job, approaches problems rationally and scientifically, and keeps a cool head dealing with legions of screaming nerds. He also accepts when he (and his team) have made mistakes. And he's been doing his good job for years. Keep him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Pretty sure there are thousands of people in line who could play "internet tough guy" and doing such a pristine job on the game itself.
    Hah! I really doubt that. I say I could but I'd probably handle it in a different way. I don't lash out a lot. I'm an introvert so that might explain why I don't lash out in anger a lot. I do love GC for his dedication to communicate with us. I believe that should be a norm for any organization.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Not opening up to their consumer base would of done a lot more problems then fix. There's been a lot of suggestions to WoW that players have suggested.
    please elaborate for me, because I'm not really following your logic.

What problems would have arised from their lack of disclosure? They were never known for doing such a thing to begin with, sure, some complaints could have gone unnoticed, but in the long run I doubt that there would be as much of a hectic forum and community because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    please elaborate for me, because I'm not really following your logic.

What problems would have arised from their lack of disclosure? They were never known for doing such a thing to begin with, sure, some complaints could have gone unnoticed, but in the long run I doubt that there would be as much of a hectic forum and community because of it.
    There is always going to be complaints with communication. That does not mean they should close communication doors. I can say firmly communication is a very effective way of communicating. Shutting the doors would just leave us disappointed and upset. People want to have a voice. At least the reasonable ones do. It's like this because the Community is not mature enough to handle how to be polite and respectful to their peers online.

Warrior-Magi